the Rift

[OPEN] [FINISHED] She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open]

Ahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
‡ a h i ‡
i'll be your lantern in the night encasing you with light

I had burst through the foliage of the Threshold long ago by now. The temperature quickly dropped as we climbed in elevation, but I was used to it by now. I welcomed it, actually. It was as though me and the sky were connected by mind and soul. That and the fact that my shaggy hair protected me against the force of the wind.

My wings welcomed the wind, however. It was as if every feather welcomed and hugged it warmly. The tips of my wings curled slightly at the end with every flap or glide. Though my eyes couldn't see straight, my wings seemed to have a guiding map. They were strong and much longer than the average wing. I had to rarely flap them to stay afloat. I was gliding for much of the time.

My mane whipped back and my bangs were pushed out of my eyes with every lurch that my wings created. The clouds caressed my body, a light mist leaving it's trace with tiny water droplets. Over time, my coat would become slightly damp to the touch on the surface.

I flapped my wings once more, to catch up with Africa. The moonlight hit my coat once I emerged from a cloud. This sent my features into plain view and every detail could be seen. My bay-like colored body darted through another cloud and my dark brown head ascended from it's lowered spot; I had taken in another fresh breath of air.

My blue eyes flashed as a new scent entered my nostrils. That of sand and toned down heat. Seeing Africa begin to descend, I followed suit. My large and wide hooves hit the sand with a hard thud and I took a few more quick steps to gain my balance. Despite the flight, I still wasn't right.

"Welcome home, Ahi."

My eyes scanned the horizon and I smiled,
"I would say it's beautiful but I can't exactly see straight still. It smells and feels wonderful, however."

I chuckle heartily.

Image Credits
"Talk"

Messages In This Thread
RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-21-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-24-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-27-2013, 10:49 AM