Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

Here, where the red dunes rolled languid and ever warm, the starlit sky sparkled unhindered, for no cloud could find root as the salt-licked ocean winds collided with temperate desert breeze. The darkness was not suffocating while the moon shed its cool pale glow, so that none might hide easily beneath the dense blanket of night. Africa could see Ahi well enough as they paused to breath and soak deeply the radiating comfort of home. The gelding spoke and his manner seemed increasingly candid and unguarded, or so the young mare thought contentedly.
“I would say it's beautiful but I can't exactly see straight still. It smells and feels wonderful, however.” He chuckled, and Africa joined in, their soft laughter sifting through the deep silence which embracing their entrance.

The borders of the Throat were fiercely protected; soldiers diligently covered shifts to patrol and watch movement throughout the southern territory, and rarely did the arrival of fresh, alien blood fail to stir curiosity from Africa’s kin. In some respects, the dapple grey mare had counted on her prediction, that she and Ahi’s arrival might be noticed and addressed almost right away. Not through lack of interest, she had failed as yet to attain the knowledge so needed now- that which would have her herd-brother’s illness attended to as quickly as possible.

The heavy thud of wing beats drew Africa’s attention away from Ahi momentarily, as she regarded the arrival of another Pegasus with affection and a welcoming throaty hum. The mare appeared as dull, off black in the shadowy hour, though her vibrant blue eyes glinted enchantingly as the shift of her young face allowed the distant moon’s reflection to pass across them. In height, she stood below Africa; almost level with Ahi. Her wingspan was far larger than the dapple grey’s modest spread; it was closer perhaps, to the stocky gelding’s instead.

"Greetings, Africa, is it? I recognise you from the meeting. I am Cirrus, one of the healers of the herd, and this is Sitka. Welcome, sir." Indeed the humble young horse also recognised Cirrus, though vaguely- attempting in vain to study the folk present for Kri’s addressing, vivid illusions of all she could not understand had clouded her eyes for that time. Regardless, she smiled quietly in reply, both for the convenience and fortune of he healers arrival now, and because Cirrus was one who she hoped to perhaps study beneath in the near future, and learn as much as she could possibly retain, from. Excitement and intrigue for the latter reason surged as adrenaline through Africa’s elegant frame, but she held her composure and turned to Ahi as the question filled the soft breeze between them.

(Another travelled with Cirrus, and the presence of the unusual creature did not escape Africa’s inexperienced attention. She had never seen its kind before now, and she thought too of the smouldering bird-creature that trailed Midas’s path, fascinated and secretly lusting. There was so much she hoped to learn about Helovia, and the mix of yearning confusion caused her heart to flutter giddily.)

"Is there anything I can do for either of you?" A nodded was offered in first response, and eyes mellowed tenderly as they found the ailing form of the bay-brown gelding. “Thank you kindly Cirrus, your happening upon us is a great coincidence.” Africa’s tone was easy and casual, relaxing the formality she usually dressed herself in for trips to, and periods spent around, Helovia’s western rim. “This is Ahi, he has come from the Threshold.” The words were self explanatory, and Africa touched her soft nose compassionately to his shoulder as though to confirm his quality, and suitability. Already she was fond of Ahi, and her promise to care for him now swelled in aura around her dutifully.
He has taken a fall of some sort... go ahead Ahi.” A patient nudge through the air hoped he might explain to Cirrus, like he had previously, as word of mouth was always more appropriate- especially in this situation.

[ooc: just realised I have been calling Ahi stallion all through our threads haha. Idiot I am, even when I knew he was a gelding. Sorry, force of habit.]

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-21-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Africa - 04-22-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-24-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-27-2013, 10:49 AM