the Rift

[OPEN] [FINISHED] She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

Cirrus
& Sitka
A wry smile happened upon the muzzle of my beloved, as she hears the words the grey mare speaks, grasps them with her keen ears, and nods to show that she understands. This new steed was indeed freshly travelled from the Threshold, and as the conversation then revealed, he suffered from an ailment of balance and basic co-ordination defect. The cerulean gaze that made up my bonded's eyes grew concerned, the smile softening into slightly more serious lines as she concentrated upon this Ahi, observing him closely with her naked eye, stepping closer to him (I stayed behind) to better know just what needed to be done. She spoke again, her voice smooth, gentle and welcoming, with a dash of token playfulness that demonstrated how well she had healed since the loss of her father.

"Willing soldiers are always welcome here, Ahi. I'll do my best to get you able-bodied once more." As he called her not only a healer, but the healer, she laughed a light, chime-like note. "Aye, I am a healer, but Onni is the true master of the art. Don't worry, she has taught me well." A playful wink clicked one of her eyelids shut and open again with swift co-ordination, as my delightful little cloud then began her work. "Now, Ahi, do your best to focus on my eyes, that's the way. Listen to my voice, and let it be your anchor. Together, we'll get the world to stop spinning around you." The tones had taken on a truly healing quality, melodic and soothing, as she then began humming a low, soft lullaby - anything to keep his focus upon her, whilst also settle his nerves and aid her concentration.

Though night was upon them, I felt the magic of the light seem to be drawn up from the sands beneath us, the same earthy substance that retains the heat of the previous day seemed to glow beneath our feet as its latent light was summoned. I watch as it embraces my beloved, whose starry hide seems to glow somewhat brighter, warmer, reminiscent of the dawn that was only a handful of hours away. I feel it whirl about within her, I watch as it brings her happiness, a sense of fulfilment, a purpose. I admire as she expertly reaches her dark muzzle out to the steed, to make contact with his own, and directs the healing light through his body. His affliction was within his cranium, she knew, and so that was where she concentrated the brilliant light, illuminating all that was wrong and correcting it.

And still, she sung a low song, meditating, chanting quietly, ensuring that her work was done just as the song came to a conclusion. A few seconds of silence passed, before she retracted her muzzle, dimmed the light that danced about them, and allowed that characteristic smirk to return to her lips. "Feeling any better, Ahi?" She asked gently, only now noticing that her wings had inadvertently opened, and spread to almost their full width during the process. They too, glowed with stars; my little cloud was no cloud at all on this clear night, she was a serenade to the midnight banquet laid out above us. I step forward now, leaning my maned shoulder against her foreleg gently once more, reconfirming the bond that existed between us was still there, and would always be there.
image credits
table by whit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-21-2013, 10:09 PM
    RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
    RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Cirrus - 04-23-2013, 03:24 AM
    RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-24-2013, 08:46 PM
    RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-27-2013, 10:49 AM