the Rift

[OPEN] [FINISHED] She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

Cirrus
& Sitka
I was hardly a 'pet' to my beloved. I was devoted to her, loyal to her, like a simple pet might be, but I was so much more than that. The bond that bound us was made of the stuff that souls were built from, wondrous and mystical and nigh impossible to break. It was my belief that only death could part us, but I did not dwell often on death - it was more beneficial to focus upon the present, on what life had in store for us, instead of the unknown entity that was death. My little cloud focussed upon death more than I, which was understandable, considering her profession, and her recent brush with death's cruel, cold wing. The lesson she had been forced to learn all too early was that death happened, and would happen to all of us eventually. Her duty as a healer, she now realised, was to prolong its absence, to extend the beautiful life that existed in mostly everyone she has met.

She would not let death take another of her friends or loved ones prematurely, like it had her father.

I frowned slightly as the thought tumbled through her mind, pressing concern against her own, worried that she was taking on too much responsibility, stacking the weight of the world upon her sturdy shoulders without even realising it. My darling cloud was standing before her herdmates with a small smile upon her lips, her pelt reflecting the starshine with a soft, ethereal glow, waiting for the reaction of the gelding before her. While she was not as skilled as Onni, she was skilled enough, it would seem, to restore the balance and equilibrium within him. As happiness leaked onto Ahi's façade, she could not help but grin a little bit wider, pleased to know her efforts had been successful, glad to see him test his body out and have it pass the test. A soft laughter sprung from her throat at his exclamations, and she resettled her own wings back against her hide, shaking her neck so that her mane flipped sides.

"You are quite welcome, Ahi. I am glad to help." She reassured him with her soft tones, the climax of her magic finally wearing off her, leaving her feeling strangely open, and empty. I resolved this swiftly however, tugging upon our bond with a playful, affectionate mood, grumbling my affections vocally in a light growl. It worked, soon enough so that the smile did not have time to fade from my beloved's lips as she settled back into her body, without the magic of the Throat filling the void within her. The gelding asked another question, and a thoughtful expression stole the light glee that was originally upon the lips of my little cloud. How did she do it? How could she answer such a question without telling everything that led to her getting here now?

"My father was a warrior, and he did not want me to fight, but rather, to heal. He asked Onni to be my mentor, and so I studied under her. The magic to heal is lent to me by the very sands we stand upon, blessed by the Sun God to heal those who reside here. I've not learned all there is to know, but Onni is a good, wise teacher, forever persistent in giving me my lessons." She didn't know how else to explain, how else to show that she still felt like she was not meant to be a healer, but a warrior. I felt the tension, the nerves tighten within her as she mentioned her father, albeit subtly, but she worked through it and ended her speech with another flick of her eyelid, a playful wink.

"Do take care still, Ahi. Though I am fairly certain the magic illuminated all there was for me to see, I may still have missed something small. Make sure you rest for a few days at least, before trying anything adventurous." She added, in a sudden moment of lost confidence in her own ability. It was never a guarantee that the magic would work, or if it did work, it often healed only up to a certain point. Ahi's ailment had been a mere matter of restoring the equilibrium of his inner ear, of ensuring no bruising had caused his brain to swell beyond repair - it was simple enough to fix, if one knew how. Cirrus knew the theory, and the practise, but she was still but a young girl. I whined softly to her, thumping my tail into the sand, trying to dispel the nerves that had stolen my confident, playful little cloud and replaced her with this shy, unsure little girl.

She would come back to me. She always did.
image credits
table by whit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-21-2013, 10:09 PM
    RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
    RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-24-2013, 08:46 PM
    RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Cirrus - 04-25-2013, 12:32 AM
    RE: She Caught a Falling Star [Ahi/Healer/Open] - by Ahi - 04-27-2013, 10:49 AM