the Rift

[OPEN] Lies into the light (Kri, Levi, Crash)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

The fight had been hard won, the fool defeated soundly. I marched with him now, having already sealed the bond between captive and captor. It wasn’t my intention to send his body more harm. Yet the amount of danger which came to his physical self would all depend on how he handled these next few days—Dragon’s throat wasn’t some cruel place of pain and torture. But if he refused to answer questions, or else refused to cooperate at all—well, I couldn’t guarantee the bullies well-being.

One question blazed brighter than most, “Why had he attacked Africa?” To what end? I still wore my armor, and though it was heavy; its pressing weight was almost forgotten when coupled with irritability that I was having to drag this sorry carcass to my homeland. Sand replaced grass, and a cool desert evening greeted us on the border. The smell of salt lingered, familiar and comforting to my flared nostrils. Quietly my vocals utter to a set of ears that hopefully hadn’t completely closed off, “Welcome to Dragon’s Throat hospitality.” He was most likely tired from the trek, thirsty, hungry.

Concern had fled the moment he struck out at Africa and ignored each and every warning I had given. There was nothing in considerations place except a heart steeled toward the purpose of discovery, “You will wait with me here for an audience with the lead Sultana.” After that I said nothing more as we passed through the wall’s unfinished gate, watching as my homeland unfolded before his eyes.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

[Image: 14uhyty.jpg]
His sinking life outside it's hell

The sound of the metal scraping against itself horrified Crash's white ears that laid back on his neck. He had lost the fight, as he had suspected. The two, both with dried blood staining their hides, moved along with no other noise. The air became stale and dry as they ventured on; it seemed that they were wandering aimlessly. Finally, the earth began to give under his large feet. Dark blue eyes, staring straight ahead, but looking at nothing, cast down to the ground. Sand? Where the fuck had he been taken?

Midas seemed pleased to be back to, well, where ever this was. The stallion finally spoke; sending an awkward shudder through Crash's brain. The words went through his mind, wrapping themselves around his thoughts and sliding out the other ear. Dragon's Throat? He scanned the territory, seeing nothing but rock and dry earth. How interesting it must have been to live here. The temperature was mild at the moment, but the heat would soon enough shock his thick body.

An audience? The two continued moving onward, though Crash was dragging his thick hooves with each painful step. The burn had definitely dealt it's fury on his shoulder, as now it stung with every movement of his skin. His whole body ached, making it had to keep up with his enemy. His horn was crusted with the thick blood that had oozed from Midas' hind quarter. Disappointing to think that this was really the only damage he had set on the fucker's body.

Inside, intoxicating

OOC: Na
Words: 254
Lyrics: "The Unforgiven III" by Metallica
Image Credit

Please tag me in all posts.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

The wind picks up for a brilliant moment before I land, a flash of hard hooves and red sand. I saw with my dark eyes the painted form of my General, how I think of him fondly as my brother in the absence of Azzuen the Ardent. He had first been laid the position after a show of loyalty and great enthusiasm for our herd, but now I think more than ever he is a worthy protector. How so few stallions had shaped my mind in favor of their gender after my pecky few years of being a sexist bitch. I guess, at times, when I am face with idiotic males, I still have the tendency to think condescendingly about the other half. After much contemplation, though, I have decide I just abhor idiots.

The fact that more males tend to be idiots stems from their massive egos, I believe. I am swift to knock that idea out of them.

My face is sharp as I look toward the foreign brute in our midst. The blood coming from Midas's body tells me that there was likely a fight between the two. I was uncertain the cause, but I know Midas to be a gentle soul, unlike the spitfire Aryel who had become increasingly haughty in her new position. Surely, he would not have started this fight. It is with cold eyes that I look upon the idiot who was dumb enough to provoke a member of the Throat. Did he not know that while we may be small, we are brave and proud? I often refer to our clan as having the hearts of lions. I believe it to be true. Anyone who disagrees must be daft.

"Midas," I greet, turning a stoic smile toward him, feeling the obvious tension in the air. "Who's the buffoon and why have you brought him here?" He is large, a draft maybe, but even if his head waves above mine, I am taller in spirit.

Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
The clitter-clank of Midas’s armor made Levi unaware of what was going on. Why does Midas need his armor? Levi thought suddenly. He was watching Midas and an unknown victim under the daring eye of his fellow general. The grullo let out a slight chuckle as this draft had no chance against Midas. The brute began to prepare his landing, letting his wings almost press against his rib cage, he swooped downwards flying towards Midas and the unknown horse until he noticed Kri. Briefly thoughts about the last time he had encountered himself with her raced through his mind. He was not too happy with the way his Sultana had spoken to him and now he was not sure on how this was going to work out… He honestly would have left the Throat if no one in the herd meant something to him, but they did and they needed him. He was a shoulder they could rely on and he was the one who was suppost to protect them along with the other soldiers.

Landing next to Midas, he flustered his wings smoothing them and letting them go back into place by his rib cage. Smiling towards Midas, he dipped his head in respect to him and to Kri. ". “Greetings my trustful brother and Sultana.” He smiled at Kri even though it was a bit for faked. He didn’t want there to be tension between them, but he wanted Kri to apologize for yelling at him like that. It was kind of unacceptable, but he knew he would get over it. "Who's this?" ?” Levi wondered suddenly examining the unfamiliar face. He did not look familiar and his scent reeked of the Basin. He remembered this scent from when he had met Lady Faelene. The silver brute didn’t dare to bring that up though since he didn’t know what this fool was here for. He knew that he would find out soon, but he wanted to know now. If this horse had even touched one of his herd members, then he would surely not see daylight again. Levi did not feel like putting up with another “Tio” and surely did not want to get into another fight now.
Levi
"Honor, protection, love.

That is what flows in my blood."

image credits
table by whit
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

To think this could have ended so differently. The beast remains tight lipped; an attribute that didn’t brooch on his willingness to be helpful. Very few creatures riled me to the point of provocation—he was one of those lucky few. The setting sun was lovely to behold, though I’m sure it brought no comfort to the one who walked close by. A heavy thumping of wings resonates, I knew the rhythm of who owned it instantly—almost as well as I knew the sound of my own beats. Armored neck stretches and chin lowers to a respectful tuck as the desert queen approaches with a question in her eyes.

Kri greets me first, with a calm grin. My lips curve up in response, but before I can part jaws to respond…Levi also flies in. My guess was that he had seen us from the boarder, and was assuring that everything was right in our world. It wasn’t often that I wore my armor, and it was even less often that I drug someone unwilling to our home. He moves to land beside me, my nose turns a fraction of an inch to regard him with silent welcome enhanced outwardly by a nod of acknowledgement. The real greeting is in my eyes, which are currently outlined by tough steel; so the softness is not readily visible.

Man it felt good to be home.

Gaze shifts back to Kri, “I don’t know his name—the man hasn’t uttered a word since we met.” I would have thought him mute had the boy not uttered phrases to Africa, “Though he seemed to have ample voice when attacking one of our newer sisters, Africa.” Despite trying to be neutral, my tone hardens and steel sharpened eyes shift to the older male, “Upon entering the northern fields I found him cornering the girl and fixing to press attack, when asked for his reasoning or removal—a fight was the end result.”

“I think he attacked Africa and myself for a reason—though he doesn’t seem inclined to share those intentions with me; I have brought him for either judgment or interrogation, because I believe he might have something to share." My collar tingles and the metal shifts, slowly sliding away to reveal flesh that glistened with sweat and dust from our travels. The wound on my lower thigh held dried blood, it no longer seeped with hot liquid—by now it burned a little and stung. Later, after I was dismissed and the brute dealt with; a bath would help purify it and make the burning stop.

OCC: Just for time sake this is set before the herd meeting. Midas doesn't know about the Basin yet.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

[Image: 14uhyty.jpg]
His sinking life outside it's hell

Bored eyes traced the sky, watching not only one, but two more winged bastards fall from the air. An irritated sigh rolled from his thick chest, escaping from some what flared nostrils. The flaxen mare directed her attention to Crash after revealing his capture's name, referring to him as a "buffoon." So that mother fucker did have a name. Good enough to be imprinted into his brain. A grin crept across black lips, parting every so slightly to reveal saliva covered teeth. The draft considered throwing a wink at the dark mare in hopes of pissing her off, but right now was probably not the best timing.

The newest brute that swooped down from the sky seemed too bright to mix in with the dark colored group, glinting with light silver tracing throughout his body. Crash stood silently, listening to the threesome squabble on for a few minutes about him. Ears rotated around, taking in each voice as they sounded. Midas -who was now actually named- spoke of the dainty mare he had been trying to rip those feathers from. Such an easy task that was taken much too far. Midas continued, telling his herd mates that Crash had not spoken since the fight. Thinking back to what had just happened hours before, he realized that the stallion was right. Crash raised his brows and directed his attention to Midas calmly.

The tight nit trio surrounding him made his muscles clench in anger. If only he actually knew how to fight, then he would have never been in this predicament. Drawing in a deep breath to speak for the first time, he decided against it and let the air out in a gush, looking back and forth from each surrounding pegasus with a bored glaze over his eyes. Why couldn't that dumb bitch have just flown off after she pricked her own feathers? Psyche wouldn't mind a slightly tattered one, he was sure. His thoughts wandered again; what was it that Sno had hidden that Psyche would know?

Inside, intoxicating

OOC: Poor Crashy, he doesn't even know about the Plague or anything and he got himself in trouble. Lol.
Words: 338
Lyrics: "The Unforgiven III" by Metallica
Image Credit

Please tag me in all posts.