the Rift

[OPEN] Only miss the sun when it stars to snow
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

It was with a heavy sigh, and an even heavier heart, that the muscular bay stood before the waters. His stormy gaze searched the endless expanses of the blue horizon, but found no consolation in the enormity of the sea. Moonlight cascaded down upon the waves, which relentlessly rolled and churned under the cover of midnight, but whatever secrets they held - whatever consolation they might afford- remained hidden.

Gaucho stood with an antlered brow raised, silhouetted by the moonlight, as he silently prayed that gravity would hold the tears which had formed in his eyes, from falling down. Oh but how his heart ached! This world - so full of fighting and melancholy, and he had to endure it all, without a companion by his side! What a cruel fate, that he, a creature with so much love to give, should remain sovereign in his comings and goings. "The sea brings me no joy, on this night" He observed to himself, his gaze still lingering upon the waters, as if the key to his loneliness might be held beneath the dark surface.

Alas

Looking up at the multitude of stars which twinkled brilliantly over head, Gaucho reflected on the enormity of life. It was both humbling and stifling at the same time. Knowing that he was infinitely small, in the grand scheme of things, was a comforting thought, in that surely he was not alone in his suffering. And yet knowing how fleeting his life truly was, made the notion of finding one to call his own, seem an impossibility. Even still, he clung to the idea of having someone to whom he could write poetry for, to sing songs to - to wrap his wings around and never let go.

Ever the romantic, Gaucho dramatically reared upon the sands, flaring his massive wings for effect. "I will find you" He whispered breathlessly to the night, allowing a warm breeze to carry his words far out to sea.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
I walked beside the calming surf. Its waves are soothing, lavishing my soul with intentions and promises of comfort. My heart rested, lids had fallen to half-mast and steps remained ever sluggish. Tonight I just felt…lazy. A strong set of beating wings trailed above me, their sounds echoed by a crackling noise forever emitting from Fina’s endless burning fire. She glided upon the soft ocean breezes; glad I suppose that the evenings had finally turned cool. Orangemoon was upon us, and it brought with it a sense of gratitude. Frostfall would be here soon, it was best to enjoy the cool temperatures before we were confided to the contours of Dragons throat.

A large figure loomed ahead, his dark bay body a brilliant sheen of muscle. Instantly I recognized the brute as familiar friend and clan mate even from this distance. Quickened step shortened the distance between, my hooves gently sliced sand with muffled thuds, “Good evening brother,” I called out with a smile starting to tease the corners of my lips upward. My nose quivered, sensitive to the salt that lingered in the air, it masked the fact that Gaucho no longer smelled of desert sand.

It was expected he would perhaps turn to me with those loyal eyes and utter some short respectful sentence. To which I would return graciously; two knights in an undying brotherhood. In truth I knew little about his character, and thus was pressed concern to better understand those that fought for this family and for myself.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]
Ascended Helovian

Why it was Midas! How wonderful! Instantly Gaucho turned his chiseled face to the approaching paint, a pleasant and welcoming smile upon his lips. For now, his heart-felt longing would be politely pushed aside to allow for amicable conversation. Clearing his throat, Gaucho nodded in greeting as Midas spoke. "And to you as well, Sergeant! I trust this evening finds you well? Bit brisker out here, than the Throat, eh? But ah! Such a view!" Turning he examined the horizon anew, as if emphasizing the words he had just uttered. No longer was his voice bulky and awkward sounding, but instead the melodic tendencies he sometimes showed were amplified somehow, and his words were resounding and beautiful to hear.

With a sigh, he turned back to his Sergeant, his stormy gaze trained on his brother with a polite interest. "What brings you down here, if I might be so bold as to inquire?" An intelligence never before seen, was suddenly brightly humming behind his steely gaze as he smiled with keen interest at Midas. Perhaps once pleasantries were out of the way, he might probe his superior for information pertaining to matters of the heart. Had Midas a lady-love somewhere? He had never thought to ask - how rude!

Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
It was strange, he smiled at me. Actually smiled, not like a half smirk or a broken grin that looked more fitting on the face of mountains. He actually beamed. In my short time of having known this warrior I found out two things to be certain, Gaucho was a man of few words, and he rarely showed emotion past levels of neutral bordering frowns and the occasional twitching of a smirk. I paused all movement, forcing my lips to not simply fall apart and hit the sand below our feet as smooth, articulated words suddenly sprang from his throat.

My eyes widened a little in their sockets.

He got my title wrong but that was the least concerning when looking at this overnight transformation. For a long moment I could nothing but simply stare, my throat suddenly clogged up by whatever it was that clogged up ones throat when they couldn’t find words to speak. Auds perked further forward as if this whole meeting had suddenly turned into a dream. Blinking didn’t help, a suddenly aware Gaucho stood by still. Fina landed on my right shoulder, those digging talons remind me that this is no vision. I can afford to offer her no attention. She felt my confusion through our bond and didn’t press to be noticed thankfully. Her bright ocean orbs gave the man a once over before shrugging and tucking her chin to catch a few winks.
The ever observant bird of prey was always so very helpful.

"What brings you down here, if I might be so bold as to inquire?"

I swallow hard and try to find words while still holding grace, “Sleep doesn’t come easy tonight—walking by the shore gives me some time to think…” I trail off, uncertain of what else to say. Searching for words to clear up the confusion I inquire a question of my own, “You sound….different—are you well Gaucho”

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

It feels too quiet for my liking, a snort escaping my flared nostrils. My purple and white tail is being pulled to my side with the heavy winds that chill me, biting through my pelt. I tuck my head in, lids closing over golden eyes as I clench my teeth against the cold. It is not long before the wind has stopped and I stand alone in silence again. I heave a sigh of annoyance and shove my wings out from my sides, irate as I watch the feathers splay and ruffle uselessly in the slight breeze. Such flimsy things. Though they really aren't, the bitterness pulsing through me just brings negative thoughts and actions to me. The darkness of night surrounds me, stardust floating around my body as powerful legs push me into the sky.

I soar through the stars, the ones on my body also twinkling and shimmering. The wind whistles quietly in my ears, the soft sound of wing beats accompanying it. I do not know where I am going, I just let my wings guide me with the night sky as a backdrop to my bodice.

The smell of salt reaches my nose and my eyes peer down. I can see the black water, it is churns slightly. The pale gold sand is not far off, and the scent of others reach me also. I slow, audits pricked forward as I near the beach. Lowering myself, sturdy hooves press into the soft Earth below. I raise my head and tail, a smile crossing my face as I see two other pegasus - stallions. I toss my forelock to the side and trot forward towards the two stags. I pause a few steps away, 'You sound….different—are you well Gaucho?' So the bay must be this so called "Gaucho." "Hello, boys." My golden pools twinkle slightly, wings draping at my sides, with a small smile to tie everything together.

OOC: Sorry for roughness, this is my first time trying to post her and her doppleganger, too in 1st person :I
the star cloud mare

[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death
Ascended Helovian

For a moment, it was as thought Gaucho's eyes reverted back to the dull, lifeless stare that Midas would often have seen. Something within him seemed to have been triggered, when Midas' eyes widened at the use of the improper title. It was like some switch had been flipped in the back of Gaucho's mind, halting his processes for just the slightest second, while a correction was made. Just like that, intelligent life sparkled in his gaze once more, as he animatedly turned his attention back to the painted General

Something was definitely amiss.

"Ah! Good man! You are too clever Midas, General of the Dragon's Throat - As he spoke Midas' name and correct title, his voice seemed to go rather flat and tinny - almost sounding pre-programed, or machine-like. Strange..."Alas Midas, it is troubles of the heart that keep me awake this long night..." His voice had returned to 'normal' now, as he spoke; rich and full of emotion. With a longing and romantically exaggerated sigh, he turned his gaze back to the water. As his eyes adjusted to focusing on the dark waves, he noted a glistening shape had somehow dislodged itself from the stars, and was coming near!

His ears perked forward as his gaze narrowed, trained completely on the silvery-violet shape descending from the Heavens. As she landed and neared, Gaucho immediately dropped to his knee, pressing his dark muzzle into the sands, until his antlers touched as well. "My Lady!" He offered respectfully, already feeling his heart beating a little faster. As he rose back to a standing position, he let his gaze appreciatively take in the odd markings which adorned her body. "Forgive my wandering eyes, but one does not often see angels fall from the stars before their very eyes. "

Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
“Ah! Good man! You are too clever Midas, General of the Dragon's Throat”

Gaucho had just done something rather unthinkable—he said my name without struggle or drag. It was clear and crisp, not only that the boy seemed to remember my title as well. Brows furrowed, signaling outwardly the confusion I was feeling inwardly. We hardly ever used formalites, I didn’t call him ‘soldier’ and he hardly ever called my anything more than, ‘My-dus.’ The bay warrior offers an explanation that does absolutely nothing to ease worries.

"Alas Midas, it is troubles of the heart that keep me awake this long night...”

By now Fina had even glanced up from her roast upon my spine to stare at Gaucho, her curiosity born from the fact that this was the most throats prized fighter had spoken in…ever. Since when was the big brute ever concerned with matters of the heart? My growing skepticism only increased when another figure alighted in the sand close by, her body a familiar sight. Though I couldn’t quite place where I had seen the woman before.

She offered a greetings and I no sooner than turned my head a fraction of an inch to reply when Gaucho fell to one knee. Dumbfounded my hindquarters bunched up and out of sheer discomfort they retracted a step back from them. "Forgive my wandering eyes, but one does not often see angels fall from the stars before their very eyes.” Gaze sharpened, narrowing to a fine point. “Good evening..” I uttered to the girl, granting her a glance before turning attention back to the centerpiece of this conversation. Carefully so not to be so obvious, I traced along his features. Starting at the antlers and trailing beyond, searching for something amiss.

Had I been alone, nothing of note would have struck me as odd. Other than the way our company spoke. Fina shot me an image of a silver mamba, his companion that usually rested somewhere along his body. She only remembered because after meeting it she wanted to make a meal, and now that it wasn’t around……Where was it? With hauntingly quiet vocals I ask, “Is your heart weighted with grief from the loss of your serpent?”

Ascended Helovian

At the sound of Midas' words, Gaucho reluctantly tore his gaze from the silvery-hued body of the newest arrival. But oh! How it pained him to do so! The way the moonlight glided down her lithe flanks, how the stars caught her eyes! She had appeared like a dream, descended upon him in a moment of need, and Midas - like the call of an alarm clock - was beckoning him out of her reach.

"Mmmm?" He inquired, as his great head tilted inquisitively. Serpent? What was he on about! Wrinkling his nose in disgust, Gaucho made a show of animatedly shaking his head back and forth. "Why Midas! How preposterous! A serpent? A reptile?"

He was definitely over-playing the shock and outrage card - perhaps for the benefit of Irry, to whom he did not wish to appear so...so...well, disgusting. In a conspiratorial whisper, he lowered his muzzle down closer to Midas as he turned his great body to face the painted steed, barring Irry from over hearing. "Just what in heaven's are you playing at here, sir?" Gaucho's luxuriously long tail flicked against his hocks as he restrained himself from speaking with any undo respect towards his superior. "I do not travel in the company of such earthly devils!" He hissed between clenched teeth, his grey-blue gaze alight with confusion and annoyance.

Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
I was beginning to wonder if the gods had descended and given Gaucho an altered personality. Or perhaps the boy was just bipolar? He shifts to look at me, turning reluctantly away from our newly arrival. “How preposterous! A serpent? A reptile?" He said the word, ‘reptile,’ as if my question had somehow caused colossal amounts of repulsion—almost like I had suggested the most impossible thing. Both of my eyebrows shot up, questions trickle into my eyes—but I silence them and remain impassive to his braying of injustice.

The taller man leans toward me, lowering voice to refrain from listening ears overhearing what words he might utter. I can smell the very breath upon his tongue. Which might I add—is less than pleasant…."Just what in heaven's are you playing at here, sir?" I hold his gaze for a moment, searching for the truth and finding no answers. "I do not travel in the company of such earthly devils!”

Really? My frown deepens; something wasn’t right. Somehow I had to get to the bottom of this, and blurting out questions that would come across as an attack wasn’t on the top of smartest things to say list, so…to appear as if indifferent to the matter I merely shrug and say, “My companion seems to remember you carrying a serpent between your antlers—perhaps she is mistaken?” Of course Fina wasn’t wrong, I had seen the image of his serpent clear as day from her mind. It was one of the advantages to being bonded with another animal. We could look into the mind and find truth.

Hidden Account
paddeh

It has been too long. Way too long. A natural smile eases onto my face- the one to twist this "Gaucho" here's heart. I give him a small wink, flicking my tail at my sides before stepping forward. The large bay stallion drops to his knees. This would be easier than I thought. 'My Lady,' he then is back on his feet, and I hold myself from stepping closer to his well toned body, his muscles rippling underneath his skin as he pushes himself away from the ground. 'Forgive my wandering eyes, but one does not often see angels fall from the stars before their very eyes.' I roll his words through my head, this is almost too easy, but it does ring around my mind, that it might be a true compliment. "It is not often that someone can pull me down from the heavens," I say in a flirtatious, seductive voice. I ease it back a bit though, not wanting to be so abrupt that I scare him off.

I ruffle my wings and the stardust floats slowly down around me, taking it's sweet time before settling at my hooves. My eyes are bright and aware as I watch Gaucho take his eyes off me as the other speaks. I almost miss the 'Good evening.' It is then they dive into their own conversation and I listen silently, and while I feel slightly intrusive I do nothing but stand there and let the light breeze tug at my slightly curled tresses. The wind sets the stardust aloft and I look at the larger clumps, my eyes focusing on the shimmering substance and with a simple thought my focus returns to the two pegasi stallions. Back and forth. Up close, further away. I am getting bored. My ears lazily rotate forward as their words come clear again. 'I do not travel in the company of such earthly devils!' ... earthly devils? What are they talking about? 'My companion seems to remember you carrying a serpent between your antlers—perhaps she is mistaken?' I think I hear a tone in his voice that suggests he was only saying that to be kind to Gaucho, but he shrugs it off and now I am slightly curious. I push my wings fully out to my sides now, hoping that the gesture will be subtle but make them notice me again. This chit-chat is going no where- are they friends? I pull my tail up a bit higher, the curled ends dangling just past my hocks. I want to clear my throat in agitation, but instead shift my thoughts on exactly what I was planning on doing. Did I know?

[ ooc ; i'm terribly sorry for the wait! D: ]

the star cloud mare

Ascended Helovian

"Of course she is!" Gaucho manages, clearly trying to retain as much composure as possible, in light of such outrageous accusations. He had to hold his tongue to keep himself at scoffing at his superior's source of knowledge. A bird? Albeit a fiery pheonix, but even so. They call it being a bird-brain for a reason (though no relation to pegasi, of course). The lady's adoring huff of impatience, and the way she rearranges herself to catch their gaze is certainly not lost on the toned stallion, and he wastes no time in shifting the conversation back her way. "Let us not be rude, Midas" Gaucho advises out of the corners of his dark lips, as a stormy gaze alight with interest and intrigue returns to Irry.

"My dear" He begins, striding closer, his gaze charmingly falling upon her wings and the gentle curve of her thighs as her cascading tail so beautifully outlines her lithe figure. "I apologize for our rudeness -" Pausing, Gaucho shoots an accusatory gaze towards Midas and Fina, before gazing upon Irry once again. "-I assure you, it won't happen again. You have my full attention my dear. And indeed - " Pausing again, he dramatically drew in a breath, as if a moment was needed to fully appreciate her fully beauty. "-who better to give my attention to?"

A charming grin broke across his features, revealing a row of pearly white teeth. His dark forelock partially obscured his deep and stormy gaze, as he stared down upon the mare - who although smaller, was still quite tall - with an approving and gracious smile.

[Now it's my turn to apologize ><]

Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
It would seem that I was becoming the third wheel to this meeting; my face remains impassive, cloaked by protective layers of a warriors smug. The lady seems bent upon squeezing every ounce of her advantage out of this situation that she can, and for a moment I loss a small amount of respect for that lightheaded naivety both of them are showing. “Let us not be rude, Midas.” My frown deepens to impossible depths and I turn my eyes toward the starlit female that stood quietly by—I wasn’t being rude, only…eh, I gave up on that thought and scowled at myself. He makes pointed remarks thrice, and it takes no small measure of patience to not snap at his strange antics.

What had changed?

Again I rake over him physically, seeing if there are any other signs of difference as he promises to give the lady her attention. I sense nothing evil emitting from him, but then again I was a younger warrior—he could easily mask what wasn’t desired to be seen. Cera’s voice comes through the thickness, his voice making my mind grow heavy with concern—had he not spoken of creatures who bore the faces of our dear friends? Yet, they were not our comrades. For this moment I would seal the tongue, learn more about this ‘Gaucho’ through his interactions with the star girl. Certainly though, I would report this strange meeting to Kri—even if it turned out to be nothing…though with each passing moment I was beginning to realize that this creature certainly wasn’t just nothing.

Hidden Account
paddeh

'Let us not be rude, Midas' A smile eases onto my face, finally. The bay turns to me and I step towards him, mere inches between us as our breaths mix. His words are exactly what I want as my face turns happy as he tells me it won't happen again. 'I assure you, it won't happen again. You have my full attention my dear. And indeed who better to give my attention to?' My heart skips a beat as my smile grows, golden eyes staring into his own as they twinkle. My breath is stuck in my throat, short and quiet, sides rising and falling. The light breeze tugs at my hair and sends my scent towards him. With the slightest reach, my maw just barely tickles his before I pull away, grinning. I take a step back, flicking my tail and ruffling my wings.

"Darling, your friend is being so quiet." The words are quiet and sweet as my eyes graze over the other pegasus, who seemed to be a bore. I step towards the bay again, head raising up to whisper in his ear. "We could leave..." I say with a slight purr. "... To somewhere we could be alone." I step back again, a light laugh vibrated through my vocal cords as my legs picked up in a small prance, my body moving gracefully as my wings cascaded from my sides, stardust falling at my feet. I give him a smile before my bodice falls still again. Still, the black and white stag - Midas was his name? - has said nothing so i don't give him my attention. Gaucho was all I needed.

OOC: I feel like she's trying to hard :U
doppleirryishardtofigureouti'msorryforthesuckyposts
@[Midas]