the Rift

[PRIVATE] One with the Flesh [Return-Sun God]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

Prometheus & Pyr</style>

We make ourselves known. I, the king of my own company, gallop forth with gloriously glistening wings outstretched. Your broad and silent paws carry you across the stone bridges in a thunderously graceful way that I can only admire, but I have my own pride to attend to. My red hooves strike the frigid rock that rests above the blue lava beneath us and create a sharp, resonating clatter. The sound of my approach rings in the air, joining the faint ruffling of my feathers as the morning wind slides beneath my ivory primaries. Together we cut a swathe through the barren remains of a once-holy land; side by side we cease all motion in a glorious rear and bound before the ruined shrines.

The red feather, caught in the black lock that is all that remains of the dead mare's memory, glimmers in the dim light of the early morning. It is my prize- my proof of purchase, and my token of success. With eyes glowing white, I gaze upon the shrine of the one god who's ever found the time for us. That bastard belonging to the sun... or does the sun belong to him?

You have long since healed and regained the vitality I once took from you. The guilt still hangs in my breast, clinging desperately to a cold heart that beats only by magic, but I find it easier and easier to forget recently. The warmth of you as your ruddy white fur presses against the underside of my stomach is a comfort; the view, from the corner of my eye, of your joyously waving tail is a pleasure.

I stand at attention, sleek and attractive form of the living soaking up the faint light shed by the lava below. Behind me a long tail strikes the rock impatiently, and before me an expanse of blue heat extends. I remember with curiosity the mare by Helovia's heart. She had chosen death over life. It was a decision I had never been afforded the opportunity to make. I wonder, as I stand now an attractive stallion, what I would have done. I do not think I would choose to succumb.

But then again, when one falls apart, it isn't truly a choice. My decay shines through the illusion of my falsely beating heart, and in moments I appear before the shrine as a disfigured young colt once more. But this is how I am meant to be, isn't it? I turn to you as your magic ignites and edges your fur in flame.

Yes, this is how we were meant to be.

[[link]]

Credits
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The air around the bonded pair began to suck away from them - pulling at fur and undead flesh alike. First it was slow - no more discernible than a breeze billowing from behind them. Gradually, it increased in speed, as it rushed to one central point. From there, it began to waver, as if being superheated - which, of course, it was. Slowly the air began to shimmer, as the fire-doused body of the God literally began to pour from the air. The breeze became nearly a gale, as the flames sucked the oxygen in and around the God's shape, feeding, fanning, and stoking the fire. Blazing iris's peered out from the wall of flames, inspecting the thing before it. With a weary sigh, the flames dimmed almost immediately, revealing the God's sleek body. Patches of flame still lurked on his dual horns, and on the tips of his wings, but the rest seemed to have been absolved by his handsomely golden pelt.

"Well, well. Look what the cat dragged in." He muttered, sounding already bored, as his gaze fell upon Prometheus' gifted wings. Soundlessly he stared, his eyes narrowing and then widening, as if intently trying to figure something out...something to do with those wings. Unconsciously, he had begun to nibble on his lip, as he pondered, seemingly perplexed. As his gaze finally tore from the flighted-appendages, he abruptly ceased the movement of his lip, snorting with frustration.

"Tares -" He muttered, through clenched teeth, for the smell of the undead-wonder was starting to get to him. "- was not a pegasus. Has your brain finally begun to rot?" A cold amusement hung behind the God's firey gaze. The wings of course, were merely a symbol. He was no witch-doctor, and did not actually need the wings of a pegasus to give Prometheus what he wanted. And yet in a sense he did - for what he wanted, was to see if the boy had the stones to do it. But it appeared, that he had not. A feather? A gifted feather, from a dying girl? How did that compare to the implications of stripping flight forever, from a creature to whom the sky is its birth right?!

But the more interesting question, is whether or not the God would grant the gift on this technicality.

"Wings. Living Pegasus. Willingly. What part was unclear?" He inquired smugly, his tail lashing against his hocks.

CREDITS

Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE

Prometheus & Pyr</style>

I should not be surprised that he has caught me on this technicality. You had warned me, but though I respect your opinion, I found it more worthwhile to take my own advice. I was, in my own way, powerful enough to stand up to a god. I may be ungrateful, but I am audacious. My lack of fear becomes my strength in the face of his fire.

And what a fire it is. He appeared out of nothingness, sucking the moisture from the air and then becoming flame before us. He is impressive, but he is prideful, and this will be his downfall. If, that is, a God can fall further than this. You think the same of me, but I choose blindness over enlightenment. My delusions of grandeur keep me entertained and distracted from my half life in this bore-some mortal coil.

I am somewhat entertained by the God's spat words of annoyance, but I feel no shame for what I have done. The quest is complete enough- I spent long enough wandering and searching. But should he deny me now, I will find it difficult to find more disdain in myself for the God. He has proven himself a pompous ass, now is no exception. But for some reason, perhaps the intimacy of my rebirth, neither the god or I have snapped. We have maintained some sort of equilibrium of distanced dislike, but never has it been active. I am too apathetic for him to elicit rage within me, even now.

The comfort of your downy white coat against my hollowed, rotting legs bolsters me. The god speaks the name of the mare, I assume, that gifted me with her feather. Strange, I had not realized until now how little I know of her. Still, it is easy enough to assume.

"What one feels in their heart triumphs their blood. The beautiful mare that hides her horn behind the wings of a phoenix in her final moments is no more a unicorn than the bird that dies imparting her gift," I begin with a gentle fold of my skeleton's wings, the faint whisper of my colt's voice amplified in the stiff silence hanging between us. "And what," I add, "can be more willing and alive than a gift from the dying? She lived then, and perhaps she does even still. We both know that death is ill defined." My comment is final and assured. Should he send me away still I am unsure if I will return. If he denies the complexity of death and the heart now, after seeing all he has seen and after providing to me as much as he has, he is truly a fool.

Perhaps all gods are fools driven mad with their power. Am I not in such a state of unbalanced pride and hate? Do I not think myself a god, when I am no more than a scrap of rotting flesh that was undeservedly granted life? Your mind lies devoid of answers. Perhaps you are protecting me now, as I have never done for you. You do not wish to hurt me- the purity of your loyalty is staggering even still.

[[I had initially intended to take Ghost's wings, but Imi put her up for adoption. I think she has since been adopted, but I am unsure if the new rper is active. In hindsight, she is a hybrid- if the Sun God decides to reject Tares' wings and Prometheus has to go find others, will Ghost's work or should I seek those of a pureblooded pegasus?]]

Credits

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God sneered as the almost-corpse spoke of the heart and triumph. Fool. Idiot. What could a lump of reanimated flesh possibly know of the things of which he spoke? Nothing; nothing! Instantly, the god was infuriated as Prometheus referred to Tares as, beautiful mare. The flames which lingered evenly around his wings and horn, suddenly burst to life enveloping his body in a firey blanket of heat. His eyes blazed, as he stared down with a white-hot anger. "TARES" He bellowed, as his flaming body gave one last lurch of heat and fire, before dying down again. Tares was one of his - his! A unicorn, yes, but of the Throat. Not only had the body-corpse cheated his task, but he had done so without evening learning her damned name.

Turning away with a sneer, the God surveyed the land with a cool uncaring gaze. For a moment, it seemed as though he would not speak again - that he would simply cast the pair away. And would that not be fair? His instructions were clear enough, and they had not been followed. And now, the boy was trying to justify his lack of obedience; consequently he was doing a rather piss-poor job of it.

Alas, life was not fair. The colt would get what he wanted, even though he didn't deserve it.

With a cruel chuckle, his firey gaze returned to Prometheus, his lip turned upward in disdain. "You speak like they do. The mortals. Do you think you sound clever, philosophizing about death and meaning and life? A gift from the dying" He mimicked, snorting as he spat the words out. "You idiot. Gifts from the dead mean nothing. That's why your task was to take the wings off of the living. A living creature who must bear the guilt and remorse and regret of what they've done. To be able to see you wear their flesh like a cape, and to reflect on what a monster you are. A gift from the dead is no gift at all." Pausing, he turned away again with a huff. "Tares does not live. " He said finally, almost sadly. If nothing else, she was one of his; and he did not like having his things destroyed.

Without looking back at the zombie and his companion, flames once again poured onto the colt's back, enveloping his skeletal and gruesome appendages. The God made no attempt to douse the pain which the colt may have felt, as the wings absorbed the ability to meld into his undead flesh - let him feel it. Tares certainly did.

"Now get." He spat, still not taking his eyes off of the horizon.

[Congratulations! Prometheus can now meld his wings into his body, so that they are unseen when he wishes]

CREDITS

Prometheus & Pyr</style>

His arrogant chatter is persistent and of little use to me. I grow impatient waiting for the god to make up his mind; my stomach churns as he insults my place in the land of death. I am no mortal, it is despicable that he should dare say such a thing. Still, I can sense your hesitant urging, and so I remain silent. I dip my head in debatably deserved respect and wait for him to finish his tantrum.

It is frightening, for the first time in quite some time, to see his rage ignite. To see him burn for Tares, this strange mare who was so weak she took her own life, is confusing. I wonder if he will destroy me then and turn me to ash. I wonder if I have at last gone too far and if this is my end.

Protectively, you place yourself before me. I find the gesture odd but comforting. I lean my tattered remains forward and rest into you as your body begins to burn with a fire to match the God of the Sun. He may laugh, or scoff at the strength of your ability in comparison, but I am proud. You are my fire, I will never forget this.

He settles and turns away, seeming upset somehow, deeply, by my words. I would ask, but I have an understanding of my place this once. A familiar burning boils clotted blood and burns broken flesh until my skeletal wings fall beneath them all and become a part of me at last. After so long... I grin stupidly at the prospect of flight once more. He tells us to go, and I obey.

Not for his sake, no, but for the desire to fly. Flame bubbles across my shoulders once more and the bones of idols drip with new heat as they reveal themselves into the air again. I run once more, slower now on tattered limbs, but still with the same spirit. You follow suit, but know that soon I will be beyond your reach.

I run until I fly.

[[Not a great post, sorry. Still freaking out about yours.]]

Credits