the Rift

On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping [Open!]

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo

On a cold morning a tale is unwrapping

A strong, cold wind, weaved it's self rapidly though the tree's. It was as if it was purposely trying to make me feel unwelcome to this land, and it was working. I didn't stop for a second to take in the view of the frosted world. I could see a path clearly ahead, coated in a thin layer of frost, and that was all I needed to see so that I knew where I was going. Anyway, it wasn't like this land was any different from any other. It had many tree's, it had water and it had grass. I stop briefly and look round at the tree's that had dropped there leaves and now stood bare in the woods but the sharp nip of the cold wind forced me on, like a stick and tame horse.

My muzzle is pressed against my chest, my neck being forced to tighten up in my efforts to keep warm. Icy blue eyes are straining to look as far up and forward at the path as they could. My whole body was tensed, hoping it would keep in the warmth. My tail lies motionlessly against the back of my legs, locks tumbling down way onto the floor so that it trailed behind me. I was glad I had such a thick mane and tail that was so long. It trapped and generated heat beneath it so I was sure that for the winter months it would be prefect, as it always had been.

For the first time in being here I wonder Is there anyone else around here? I ask the question in my head first, before speaking aloud my thoughts. "It there anyone else around here?" I extend my neck out from it's curled position, my ear's pricked forward. My words seemed to bounce of the tree's, echoing round the forest. My eye's scan though the tree's, looking for the slightest of movements that could suggest life because, at the moment, no one seemed to be alive here.

"blah blah blah."

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I was beginning to wonder if what I stood for was even worth my time. My grullo canvas was held fast against my physique. My pistons churned with uneasiness as I weaved myself through the grove of trees that marked the Threshold. I was half tempted to just turn back toward the Basin, to lay into my little sister and let her have it. Let her know that the way she was handling these delicate matters was something to be laughed at. Their father would have made things happen according to his will, no matter what anyone else said. It was his way or die like all the rest of those who were not of the unicorn race and those who were traitors.

The glint of a soft glow then caught my curiosity. Would I have such sweet revenge today, or would I swallow my smart retorts and greet a fellow acquaintance? From the perfume that drifted to my nostrils, the presence of another mare greeted me. I snorted, this is where I should turn around and let her be, but then maybe not. Maybe bringing home a present to my sister might be a good surprise. I flatten my auds only for a moment before setting out to follow this soft glow. The vocals that are carried on this cold morning are heard and I slow my silent movements to a more sedated pace.

My tapestry is well marked, and I slither up beside the lost damsel. My cooing words like that of a serpents, charming, intriguing, and oh so deadly. But who knew that anyway. No one knew such temptations could be so harmful; it’s the thrill of the moment that feeds the body epinephrine and produces what we know as adrenaline, such a sweet and intoxicating feeling. My words are spoken specifically so those who hear them hear only what they want to hear.

I am here. Are you lost dear?

She should be grateful she was crowned with such a beautiful horn, or I would have ripped her to shreds. But because of her blood ties, I held a sweet smile on my maw. My bite would have to wait, I supposed. The venom that coursed through my grullo frame was boiling hot with desire to tear apart a Pegasus . But only time would allow that. Now, the prospect of bringing home a present for my sister was my main focus.

Pardon my manners I am Giselle. What pleasure do I have of calling you dear?

text text text blah blah blah

Dragon's Throat Mare
Roo

I shudder in the cold. I had stood for five minuets or so, just searching round though the frosted tree's to see if there was any horse creature around. I was growing board though, and my patience was beginning to wear out and I start to carry on my journey. Personally I would of thought this land to be high on life although I suppose, in the colder seasons, a lot of animals would hibernate and those that didn't would seek warmth in there homes here or in lands elsewhere.

I had only taken a few steps forward when the scent of a mare drifts past. I halt, twisting my neck round to look in the direction the scent, that was growing gradually stronger, was coming from. It wasn't long before the mare came into view. Like me, she had a horn poking proudly from her head. Her body was a dark, musky grey with blood red markings. She instantly strikes me as a dark female, but who knows, I could be wrong.

I locked her image to the name Giselle. Her face would never be forgotten now. She seemed kind enough. She had cared about if I was lost or not and asked my name respectfully. It was a pretty good start if I may say so. "You may call me Sinuhe." I bow my head slightly, my mane tumbling down my neck at an angle, before lifting it back up to it's normal, highly held position. "I suppose you could say I am lost. What is this land called and what is it like?" I pause. "And do you mind me asking, what part of this land, if any, do you live in?"

"blah blah blah."

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

The wind carries the sound of voices into the red lobes of the Doctor, who happened to be passing through the Threshold at this time on his journey to the Thistle Meadow, in search of new poisons. It was with great effort that he dragged himself through the Threshold, coming to the conclusion that he might as well see if he could recruit anyone whilst he was here. Of course, it would be counter productive for the day he had planned out in mind, but he still had his duties to perform. Even if they were tedious and often ticked him off. Aramis, still only a small black dot against the large green forest bounded on ahead with the shade only half keeping an eye on him. The hound was only 2 months old, he had grown to travel further, but he was not strong enough yet to accompany d'Artagnan to any type of fight. His tail was also growing longer and often Aramis chased it round in circles when he caught it out of the corner of his large, golden eyes.

It didn't take too long for the shade to stumble upon the voices he had heard. One he vaguely recognized, though he did not know her name and instead knew her as apart of the Basin, though he couldn't quite remember her rank either and he stifled a grumble about the unreliability of his own memory. Getting old; what a tragedy. He looked at the stranger, the unicorn mare he had never met before, she was frosted in blue. It reminded him a little of the Basin itself and he smiled at the irony. She'd fit in well if she chose to follow them back. He rather awkwardly nodded to the strangely familiar mare in greeting, confusion showing in his eyes before he turned back to the new comer. If only he'd found them a little earlier, he might of caught the name of the other dark coloured mare.

"The land here is called Helovia, Sinuhe. There are many places to visit but the real place to live is the Aurora Basin. It's where our kind live, with strong warriors and magnificent mountains. Me and my comrade here both come from the Basin. Should you wish to find a home, new friends and maybe a job to fill your time, I can show you the way." He said, in a higher tone of gruff in attempt to sway the mare. d'Artagnan was an imposing figure, he didn't really do cute and sugar coated.

Aramis had come forward to sit in front of his bonded's front legs, a long pointed tongue rolled out to one side with one curled black ear flopped over. Gilded eyes piercing into the pair as he observed them, unconsciously wagged his tail behind him. d'Artagnan shifted his stance to rest a back hoof before finally he introduced them. "My name is d'Artagnan and the pup is Aramis." He said off handedly before falling silent and awaiting the others reply.

[ooc; Hey roo <3 As in the rules, it's advised you don't change the colour of your font when posting without using a table. I can make you a table for Sinuhe if you like! :D Just let me know!]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered

It had been a slow day for me. I had been on my toes constantly, but I had luckily refilled my body from it's fatigue last night. I had awoken this morning to the sun's beautiful rays and made my way out of the Throat. Not too far, but just far enough to where I could try and recruit at least one good being today.

My warm presence surrounded my extremely large body as I made my way through the Threshold. My large antlers would occasionally snag on a branch or two but alas, my strong and sturdy frame would push right through with ease, only for them to snap back to their position before I traversed through them.

I swished my ink black tail as I continued to walk through the forest; the feathers emerging from at the top of my tail moving along with it much like a wave in the see or a ripple from a raindrop in a puddle. My mind, on the other hand, most certainly wasn't cloudy like a wave or a raindrop. It was clearer than day despite the fact that it was working a mile a second.

My thoughts, however, were interrupted by a loud noise. This loud noise was the wind, of course. Weaving its way in and out of the canopy leaves that rustled when its invisible hands touched them. I smile at the oncoming breeze, and then I feel it against my pelt. I stop in my tracks but I am not foolish enough to close my eyes. I lift my head to get the wind's full long blast and it brushed back both my mane and tail, kisses my body, then plays with my feathers for a few seconds before dying off.

I began to walk again however, but in just a second, I hear voices. From what I heard, three separate voices. I peer through the leaves, quite nervous of what might come before me. I then notice, however, that it's a newcomer judging by the way she talks. The other two... both from the Basin.

Damn it. I think, but oh well. We'll see how it goes. After all, I'm not sure a Basin member would like to show a majority of their true colors to such a new being. I am not arrogant, though. I'm not looking for a fight, and I do hope my warm persona reflects this. I wish for no trouble, I come in peace. I hope these other two have the same views.

It would be too late to dart now, and instead, I and my warm and welcoming voice is put out into the air as I approach. I speak after d'Artagnan announces his and the other's name to Sinuhe.

"I do believe everyone has their own opinions and entitlement as to think of what and where the best place to live in is." I look at all of them, then back to Sinuhe with a warm and welcoming smile upon my face. "I am Avalon, of the Dragon's Throat. As d'Artagnan said, this is Helovia. He failed to mention the other three herdsm however. There are four main herds, the World's Edge, the Aurora Basin, the Windtossed Foothills, and of course, the Dragon's Throat. I know not of the other's as I do not live there but I do know of the Dragon's Throat. A beautiful oasis and a promised family that accepts any and all of any race. Some other herds are not so welcoming to others."

"You currently are in the Threshold, where members from the herds can come and recruit members. That is our main goal for all of us here, currently. I am searching not only for members though. Also for family." The Throat was a family. We were a very tight knit family, at that. We had strong ties and accepted any and all, no matter how they looked. We had a strong defense that provided protection for all of our members. It was beautiful sands and a beautiful oasis, but also of beautiful and golden hearts.

[[Ooc: Hope you guys don't mind me joining. I come in peace! X3 Welcome to Helovia, Roo. :)

Edit: I just realized d'Artagnan's name is from the Three Musketeers... right? xP]]

Image Credits

"Talk"

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Sinuhe. I glance over her. So the glow I had followed had been the result of the reflecting sunlight off her canvas. I half smirked at the thought, wondering how I had allowed myself to be pulled by curiosity. But before I can even acknowledge her inquiries about the land of Helovia, I switch my attention to another Basin member. It is hard not to notice the perfume that radiates from one’s kind, especially those unicorns who called the Basin their home. Thoughts flood my cranium of how we were thrown from our beloved home, the World’s Edge. We would reclaim it. I had no doubt.

d’Art, the nightshade, had decided to grace us with his presence. His form came into view and his puzzled look but acknowledgement of our peace with each other intrigues me. I make it my job to know those I reside with, but I did not think embarrassing such a member would be ideal at this time, so I smile, as it is half forced and half part of the acting game. As he introduces his little pet, I raise a brow and flick an aud. What was with these companions? Where others so weak and brainwashed into thinking having a pet would really make life better? Sure, the argument that aiding in fights is all-good, but I didn’t find the need to have one.

I was just about offer Sinuhe a tour guide, to let d’Art be on his way, as he certainly hadn’t come just for the pleasures of meet, greet and bring home another recruit. I knew he had better things to do, but my words were cut short as the aura changed quite drastically. Pinning my harks to my skull, I picked up on the scent of a new comer, but that of the Dragon’s Throat. I didn’t even need to see the other mare to know her hiding place. I transfixed my gaze on her as she revealed herself. I struck at the ground and gave a loud uncomfortable snort. How I would love to just pluck one feather off of those wings, one by one.

Glancing at Sinuhe and then at d’Art, I only imagine what is running through the shade’s skull. I take this opportunity to fill the silence with my speech. It was about time I break the deadening space between us. Looking to Sinuhe, I let my cooing words fill the tight distance between us. Do you really want to live with the equines and the Pegasus that ran d’Art’s and my family from our homeland? The only place to live is with your kind Sinuhe, with us. The blood ties that bind us is like nothing anyone else can even imagine exists. Come back with me, with us. I can give you the grand tour. You can meet my little sister, Psyche, as she will be thrilled to meet you. Think of it as a welcome home surprise.

I felt like the traitor before us had no knowledge of what her herd had been apart of. There are a lot of things I wish I could say. Like how we were viciously attacked in our homeland by Pegasus and equine alike. How they ran us out and stole, took everything they could away from us. Maybe I should try to persuade both mares. Maybe I should twist things. Make Sinuhe and this Avalon believe they were doing the right thing by choosing to live in the Aurora Basin. Not like the snow wasn’t pretty to look at. I waited for a moment, debating on my next plan of attack. If I couldn’t win them over by just words, then maybe pity, maybe making them feel like they would be doing everyone a favor, if they followed d’Art and I back to the Basin. But I hold my tongue. I have said just enough. Leaking that the Pegasus and the equines and the traitors, that talked of harmony with all races, were the very likes that impeded on our family and our homeland. No I had said quite enough.

text text text blah blah blah

Dragon's Throat Mare
Roo

It seemed that I had attracted a crowd. The next one that came, after Giselle, was a bloody red, bay stallion. He was also horned though he had two and each dagger like weapon was made of glass, and one broken in half. He seemed eager to bring me back with him and the thought of high rising mountions sounded like a perfect scenery. I could feel myself slowly being persuaded by him. A horned hound then took his place by D'artagnan. A pink tongue lazily flops from his jaw giving the horned pup a cuteish look.

Now there was another arrival. Again she was horned - with antlers. Strange, but not horribly strange, it was a nice strange. Her body was a dusty gold colour and her mane and tail long and thick. Avalon. She seemed to shed light on Giselle and D'artagnans home. A beautiful oasis and a promised family that accepts any and all of any race. Some other herds are not so welcoming to others. I had a clue about what she was suggesting, it was quiet obvious really.

The basiners were racist.

My eye's narrow ever so slightly in the direction of Giselle. She offered her words, trying to persuad me into coming with her and the stallion but almost as soon as she had finished I snort, lifting my head high and my eyes pointing back slightly. "Do you think I am stupid?" I throw my head a little back. "Well? Any kind? If I had wing's would it make a difference?" I pause, allowing room for either a deathly silence or a snap from the two Unicorns. My voice now hushes, becoming instantly more serious. "Leave. I do not wish to come back with either of you."

Now I turn my back to them, not wishing to see there faces for a second longer. A thought drifts into my head, an unwanted one. What if I got it wrong? But I shove it back out. Why else would Avalon empersise the words 'any race' if they wern't racist? Leaving it behind and forgetting the other two I ask, with a small, sweet, smile on my face in a quieter, nicer tone. "Thank you for shedding light on that. I think I would love to come back with you, if that is ok of course?"

"blah blah blah."

OOC:Hey! Ehe don't worry, it is a table just with the same BG colour as the game because I am a terrible coder and don't know how to make it this thin any other way, but that you anyway!

What happens now o.o

Also sorry for bad spelling, my spell checker isn't working. :P

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

d'Artagnan watched as heckles began to form along his bonded's back and a low growl escaped dark lips. Diseased eyes roamed the forest until finally they came to rest on an antlered unicorn, one whom he had seen before recruiting in the Threshold. He sighed as she approached, the timid thing before them that had staggered into Helovia not even knowing where she was bound to go with the Dragons Throat mare. It was a given in his eyes, there was no fight in this Sinuhe and seemingly no brain cell as he would determine later in the conversation. As Avalon began to speak to the stranger he scowled at her butter coloured form, but he grunted in annoyance and said nothing. The shade rested a back foot as bored ears listened to her dribble of oasis and family. It was always the same from the other herd lands, they offered beauty and loving arms. In the end, that was all they could offer. They lived within their means and never strived for more. In d'Artagnan's eyes, it was pitiful. He stifled another large sigh and noted to himself that maybe he better leave threshold business to others more suited to it. He just didn't have the sickly tone for it.

It was Giselle who spoke then, trying to reel back what they had lost in Avalon's words, but the shade saw it as a lost struggle when he looked towards Sinuhe. The child was already sold on the Throat mare's words. He shook his head when finally Sinuhe spoke before a dark laugh rippled through his blood coloured body. "Did you just order me to leave? Little brat. If you weren't so eager to judge then maybe you'd of found out that the Basin is not in fact full of racists. The Dragons Throat herd like to think they know everything just by attaining one of our own who had turned traitor." He smiled a morbid smile then at Avalon, narrowing his eyes in a madman's glee. "Misinformation can kill in war and destroy homes."

The blood red bay took a few steps back then and turned his neck towards home, making a shrug like action as Aramis bounded off into the trees, turning back only once to regard Sinuhe. "In answer to your question, yes, I do think you're stupid. If you'd rather live ignorantly in a so called beautiful oasis then that's your own choice, the Aurora Basin has no need for weakness and liability such as yourself. Now you leave. " There was a command laced in d'Artagnan's voice at the end, one that meant no arguing back as he gripped his magic and prepared to fight if he had to.

The Time Mender had no patience for arguing and much preferred to silence those who annoyed him by setting his narcotic ability on them. It would be a safe bet to say that d'Artagnan was irritated, but he also just wanted to go home and be rid of the simple minds that inhabited the wood. Eyes only once straying to Giselle to see what she intended to do.

[ooc; lol yes it is from the musketeers as well as Aramis, who is also a musketeer. P:]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!