the Rift

[OPEN] Seek Your Fortune [Sinuhe, Leader, Open!]

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It had been a long run and my muscles were crawling with fatigue. They had endured full trots, walks, and slow sprints during the journey. Forest and cool grass had switched to warm sand that hugged my large hooves and cushioned them from my massive body weight. However, I was not the only one who had arrived. Today, I had decided to visit the Threshold, searching for more Throat members. I had, indeed, recruited another.

The words and actions from that meeting stuck with me as they played over in my mind. I cleared my throat and my warm and welcoming voice entered the air again with a sigh "If you had wings, it would have made all the difference. They believe that all pegasi and equines alike should bow before them. Just because of a difference. Same blood, same heritage. They see beings like me as a traitor to our race. My 'horns' don't even look like a horn." I scoffed at the idea, leaving the topic open for a very short and brief discussion if she pleased, but I for one wanted it to be a positive arrival.

I then smile and look forward only to slow down to come beside Sinuhe "I don't think I've given a proper introduction to myself. I am Avalon, the Diviner for the Throat."

Sinuhe was slightly behind me as we came up upon the Throat. I thought could hear several sets of beating wings somewhere in the distance. It brought a smile to my face, returning home. The warm smell plagued my nostrils and I took it in with a smile. My fast paced trot slowed to a slow walk as we got nearer. "Welcome home to the Throat, Sinuhe."

Then another thought came to my head as I looked back at Sinuhe once more. She needed to be accepted by one of the Leaders. I had met Kri twice; once when I myself was being accepted. The other was at the meeting. The other leader was Sumati and someone whom I had little knowledge of.

My dusty buckskin head was held slightly higher as we walked through what was certain to be the Throat. I searched for any members of the herd, particularly Sumati or Kri. My inky and iron straight black mane and tail resumed their standstill position as I came to a very slow walk. "Now we just have to find the Sultana or Sultan. Or if I'm lucky, they just so happen to find us."

[[ooc: Sinuhe's a uni so she needs to be accepted. :3]]

Image Credits

"Talk"

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo
I'VE WALKED A MILLION MILES FOR YOU, BUT I'M STILL ALONE

On our journey the grass and the trees had become rocks and sand. The suns heat had become more intense to. I could feel each ray hitting my pelt like a gun to the head. I lengthened my stride, finding it easier to travel further and faster over the sand. We passed cactus by cactus, red rock by red rock. With every step I could see further ahead and it always seemed to be changing in the distance. Sand tumbled down the dunes into the pit below each one, starting to form a mini bump on the ground. It was a nice, cool breeze though and I was glad for it because I was sure if it wasn't there, I would of over heated despite it getting into the colder months.

"If you had wings, it would have made all the difference. " From behind her I prick my ears and raise my head, instantly knowing that she was answering my previous question about the two other Unicorns being racist. "They believe that all pegasi and equines alike should bow before them." I had guessed. The way that Giselle had tried to persuade me to go with her and D'artagnan and the comment from Avalon made it clear. I was still shocked, and angry, that the first two guys I had met here were racist, and only wanted me to pump up there racist numbers, to make others think I am one of them.

I wait till she had finished talking before commenting more quietly then I had when I had a slight outburst at the two racist. "I guessed as much. But why let them thrive?" I didn't know if they had attempted to wipe them out but it didn't make a difference if they had or not, it should always be on the drawing table.

I smile gratefully when Avalon, the Diviner welcomed me to the Throat, my home. It had been a long time sience I could call somewhere home. I may not have the respect (yet) or the position I used to hold in my old home, my first home where I was meant to rule, but that did not bother me at all. Then, my day was packed with duties and duties and even more duties. Now though, I could relax more although a role to fill in some of my days would be nice.

The pace slowed down and soon I was beside Avalon walking at a slow steady pace. She told me that I was not fully accepted but that did not worry me. I had already fallen in love with this land. I smile, looking towards here. "Thank you for bringing me here Avalon. Also, what is the ranking system here?" I had no idea about it. I wanted something that would give me that adrenalin rush though, and I was more then capable of fighting as well as nabbing information of others. I sight happily and deeply though, enjoying the warmth on my back. I would see what she, or the leaders, suggested.

OOC:Long and blabbly...long and blabbly...sworry :P

SINUHE
IMAGE CREDITS