Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

Always easily influenced and manipulated, Africa felt the tickle of a smile curl through the wrinkled corners of her black mouth. The black and white stallion’s ever graceful tone was as soothing, as medicine was healing to the diseased. Though a formidable foe to those opposing his family (she had witnessed this firsthand), she found greater respect and appreciation for the kindness of his words, and tolerance pooling behind his considerate golden gaze. The soaking rain, which continued so persistently to pummel her dappled coat, seemed to cleanse the inner disharmony betrayed by her nervous posture while she stood before him. Africa swayed left and tilted her rear, right hoof casually.

“You’re welcome, dear one.”

It was more than enough. The phrase, so simple and honest warmed her core- touched her heart, and hauled her from that shell which she so willingly allowed herself to hide within. Quietly her eyes parted from the sincere lock of his gaze, peering curiously beyond him for the glowing bird that usually was usually his shadow. Snow-white Sohalia, who also shared their home and family, had explained much about the concept of companions and bonds- and Africa possessed a new, voracious fascination for these creatures and their love. Often, beneath the flickering starlit sky, the young horse pondered her own future, and her heart would ache with longing and loneliness, though she could not have known if it was that missing fragment which had been described so intriguingly to her.

Neither spark, nor glow caught her wandering eye- Africa presumed such weather would douse such a glorious fire-creature, and she returned her focus with an effortless, rain-drenched grin. “I hope the rain clears soon.” She giggled lightly, her ambition to crack through the sketchy beginning of the brief chat. It was a sincere comment though, and she gestured with an upturned muzzle to will the dark clouds away. “I can’t imagine the desert is that thirsty...” Another humble giggle to conclude and she reached quietly forwards to thank Midas again and bid him farewell with a gentle brush of her muzzle.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 05-24-2013, 06:26 PM