the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Let heaven part so you can witness the colors of the sky
Golden child
“I met Sohalia,” I didn’t know who this person was. Or even if she was part of our family. But I figured if the name held some importance, Africa would be quick to share the information with me in due time—so my first reaction was to not press but to grin patiently and wait. Sure enough restraint is rewarded within the next breath she takes, “She was so lovely, so kind.” I smiled and took a moment to sort through all the stacked files that consisted of names and faces—the end result is the same. Despite having my little friend explain that this ‘Sohalia’ had broken down our ranking system; I had somehow missed this women. Surely though, my eyes would recognize her face when given the chance? I would have seen Sohalia at the last herd gathering.

With approval and to show that I’m still listening through the endless drizzle I nod, and she continues to speak. Africa remembers the elder that attacked her, and my lips twitch—there are few people on this earth my soul truly disliked. Our gypsy friend was one of them. She expresses a desire to work; a trait that can be easily related too (considering most of my waking hours are spent completing various responsibilities.)

“I have no skills, no talents. My ambition is without direction…” Quietly and with a trademark fatherly tone I respond, “Everyone has talents little sister—they are simply in need of nourishment in order to be realized…perhaps you could train with the Soldiers, learn the ways of a recruit. I could surely keep you busy enough.” My tone is light, but the intent completely serious. If she didn’t want to mend, perhaps this little mare could learn to fight—though for a brief second I wondered if it was wise to train yet another pure soul for battle. Her spirit seemed so rich, not yet spoiled by hardships—even undeserving of life as a defender.

Didn’t the spotless ones deserve something more? What could we give them?
It was sometimes hard to remember that not all creatures were as fragile as I might make them out to be; but this mind had been reared in the old-fashioned manner—as much as this spirit would rather see her home and well…I knew that when destiny called, all would answer its cry. She would become whatever the Lord willed her to be, and any hidden gifts would be brought to the surface in the process.

“Sohalia also told me all about companions.”

As if on cue the wide branches of an ancient tree came into sight, its backdrop is misted by the downpour—almost completely invisible, had the space been clear we would see a familiar watering hole. Perched in one of the highest limbs sat a bird of fire. Her head had been tucked behind the leftmost portion of one blazing wing; she was taking an afternoon snooze when we approached drier ground beneath her resting spot. “Fina.” I murmured loud enough for her skyblue raptor gaze to turn to me. In response she chirped, and shook out her feathers with a sigh; one glance was enough, “You are all wet.” she uttered in soft broken speech that was full of accusing disgust; as if being wet was some fault of mine? There would be plenty of room for both of us to be at least 78% protected from the rain. "What would you like to know?" I turned to regard Africa with a genuine calm falling over my facade; an honest openness that is usually almost always reserved for family.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Midas - 06-06-2013, 11:09 PM