Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

The stallion’s ebony cranium bounced in reaction to Africa’s rambling- which is what it possibly seemed to be, despite the content holding much value to its teller, and she was contented. She could not have known that he was scrambling to place Sohalia’s name to a, perhaps forgotten face in his past; she was well behind him, and any shift of his expression eluded her concentrated attention. Simply, the young grey had merely presumed that all of the members of the herd, their family, were tied closely together; and similarly, relationships to suit. Africa had only met a handful personally, but that was overlooked entirely, of course.

Her curious ears tilted forward, listening as Midas offered his thoughts on the subject of her career, or lack thereof; almost her entire being leaned towards him, even if a little overzealously, tuning her whole focus upon him like a school girl fanning over her first crush. Stupidly, she was grinning and it was probably for the better that the General was tending to their safe passage through the sludge, and not watching his silly young company. It was not that anything she had said was insincere, nor was her seeking his counsel a wasteful ploy for attention- that was just a bonus.

“Everyone has talents little sister—they are simply in need of nourishment in order to be realized…perhaps you could train with the Soldiers, learn the ways of a recruit. I could surely keep you busy enough.” While initially she was shocked at the prospect he presented; pausing with uncertainly fluttering ears to consider, Africa was not entirely opposed. Her only experience with battle was the one for which she heralded the painted stallion before her a hero, it had not been to her liking at all though; quite the opposite in fact, as it had instilled some form of disharmony throughout her generally peaceful soul.

Hastening forward again should he not have noticed her brooding halt, Africa slipped once clumsily, and afterward seemed to adopt a more sensible outlook, composing herself embarrassedly so as not to blunder in Midas’s company again.
Honestly,” she said quietly, worried her decline might offend his generosity, “I don’t think my heart lies in violence.” Her voice was soft and noted with unwarranted caution, and while she truly didn’t want to label his art with that word, it was the only explanation she could think of. “... But!” She blurted quickly, cursing herself for being so vulnerable and easily manipulated- even when that wasn’t even remotely his intention. “I will try, and base my decision on experience.” A sigh escaped through her flaccid nostrils instead when her jaw stiffened stubbornly, reluctant to allow the release of air.

When they came to the tree at last, Africa glanced upwards, prompted by the stallion’s soft voice- “Fina.” She smiled with delight when the creature fluffed her bright feathers, half expecting a cloud of steam to plume through the rain above. The mare shuffled to take shelter, automatically allowing more space for her superior’s comfort than her own. “I was wondering how you and Fina met; how you knew...

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 06-07-2013, 06:50 AM