Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

She stood quietly, saturated and cold as the day drew on but her spirits remained high never the less. “Thank you Africa…for humoring my presence,” Midas said to her, not altogether suddenly, but with words that the young horse had not expected. Her wandering amber gaze returned instantly to peer curiously across at the dignified General who she more or less viewed as superhuman- the heartthrob idol on her bedroom pin-up poster.

He was thanking her, and while she treasured his perspective and was touched by his sincerity, Africa couldn’t help but giggle weakly, demurely, as she lingered in his unsurpassed company. He was confused, tired maybe; or she had misinterpreted...

The black and white General continued through a half-smile, “It gets lonely; being busy all the time…” and she was filled with fond compassion, imagining innocently that his life was centred exclusively round the duty which his title encompassed. There was an element of apology lacing Midas’s tone that she couldn’t fathom, possibly because her thoughts were tainted by childish infatuation; that she had in fact, felt a nervous guilt for bothering his time. She, after all, would offer him every second her beating heart allowed if that was what made him happy- likewise, she would with all of their family if it was so required, but for some reason this warrior glowed above the rest through her admiring gaze.

It was then that Africa realised that she knew very little about him, and the sudden realisation of her own stupidity choked her elation. The folk who lived in the Throat were family, she thought carefully, finding the term to be suddenly loose and impersonal; souring the warmth it once shed through her heart. But surely there were more intimate relationships amongst the herd, cliques- real families. Not by lack of effort, the ambitious young mare still remained without intimacy or true friendship, all despite the months which had spiralled by since her arrival on Helovian shores.
Dithering still longer in her floundering thoughts, the sensitive Pegasus wondered whether Midas truly spent his time with Fina alone, guarding and rescuing clowns like herself. Surely there was one who delighted in his return every night. She didn’t even know where the stallion ‘lived’.

Realising that a frown had etched a path through her pale expression, Africa shrugged. Inwardly she hoped that the shift might have appeared to be as simple as her warding off the cold- that which hugged her more tightly now than ever, with a sobering loneliness all of her own.

You don’t have to thank me.” She smiled quietly. Other questions lay suspended in her conflicted mind, like the lord he had spoken of only moments before, but she soothed them away with a soft murmuring hum. “I always enjoy your company.” Her cheeks blushed of course, but the burning was well concealed by the fine hair lining her face and her eyes watched him, but without the same intent that had been.

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 06-19-2013, 06:02 AM