Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

Placid and simple at heart, Africa appreciated the General’s optimism. Between this catch-up and their last, the young mare had spoken with only those with a more serious attitude; troubled or blunt, and as such her confidence had been marred a little by the solemn nature of her kin. Still now she lingered between them all, untouched by the curse of misery their magical world seemed to shed, and blissfully free of the binds of true responsibility. “You’ll have more of my company should your title harbor anything to do with soldiers,” the General taunted with an attractive playfulness that she did not expect from one who bore battle-scars, and wore bravery as a cloak across his back. “...you might not enjoy it then.” She rolled her honey eyes back with a gentle flick of her face, teasingly, pretending that such a prospect was indeed a concern.

If anything though, burden was just the opposite effect leaking through her mind. Africa’s idea of spars and associated trainings was perhaps a far cry from the realities of preparing for actual war.

“If you ever need anything Africa simply call for me; I’m often not far off.” Gratefully, Africa nodded. Already Midas had proved the truth of his statement, having been only a stone’s throw away on the few occasions required. Respectfully, the young horse puffed through fluttering nostrils and lowered her gentle gaze. “Thank you, sir.” She hummed quietly before he spoke again. “It’s time that our boarders are checked, be well sister,” the stallion concluded, his hot breath pluming delicately in the cool moist air as it spilt through his moving lips. Africa sighed internally, but offered a warm smile as he bid her farewell. It had taken far too long for her to seek him out after the encounter to the north, and she swore as she watched fondly his climb through the lingering mist, that she would never put off the company of her family again.

She did not leave the shelter immediately, instead swelling a little longer to reflect on the future now laid out before her.

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm Not Affraid to Sleep Now [Midas] - by Africa - 07-09-2013, 04:17 PM