the Rift

Everything will be alight|| Onni

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Everything seemed to get out of hand lately. First it was the fact about Tio, a Arabian mix, who tried to take over the Throat. He challenged Levi, Aryel, and their dear Sultana, Kri. If it wasn’t for him running away like a baby, then Levi would have pounded his head in. The way he talked to Kri was unacceptable and there was no way that he would be able to “capture” Kri as he said he would. Just because Kri was short and a mare did not mean that she couldn’t handle him at all. He had no concept of what he was up against. The twig did not know just because he might have been older, that Kri could kick his ass any day. Levi wanted nothing to do with him except for being the one to take care of him. He may think he is all big and tough, but truly he’s just a scared colt on the inside.

Second , Phaedra. She was the one who Levi loved above everything, but she did not love him back. She only loved him as a friend and nothing more. Levi was not surprised since she had high expectations. She was a tramp, someone who made you fall in love with them because she liked all of the attention. Surely she had many males under her “spell” and so she would be able to find someone if not already. It was the most heartbreaking thing that the brute had ever done, but at the same time he told her the truth. If she did not feel the same way she could not help who she had feelings for. Levi would have been able to give her anything… anything at all since he would do anything for her.

Pressing his hooves into sands of the Throat made the grullo sink down. Looking to where his feet were he could not see the silver hooves that were usually there. The little grains of sand reminded him of his magic he had recently received. He wondered what kinds of things he could do with his magic if he practiced enough. Narrowing his silver gaze, he stared at the sand around his body. All of a sudden the sand started to lift, but not just itself, Levi as well. He only got to about three feet when it started to become extremely challenging. The concentration was so tough to begin with how would he ever be able to do this if he ever needed it. Closing his eyes just thinking clearly about rising higher, he could only manage a few more inches. His mind was so clustered of things that he did not know what to do. Suddenly, he felt a pit in his stomach as there was no harder surface for his feet to lie under. There was thin air and nothing else. Opening his eyes, he had managed to see that he was starting to fall, but there was not enough time to catch himself. His hooves landed in the soft catch of the grains as his momentum pressed him forwards. Catching himself from the momentum, he stayed steady almost falling onto his side. Taking a big breath, Levi felt as though he needed a lot of more practice.

Finally, that was just it, Magic. All of the magic in Helovia was gone now. The gods had disappeared without any reason and the horses of Helovia were left to face life without magic. It was disappointing and a disgrace, and Levi was still bewildered that they would just leave without saying anything or giving a warning. All he knew was that they had left, or so Sumati said “Abandoned us.” Looking towards his hooves once again, Levi felt as though he needed to sleep and then wake up from this nightmare.

"blah blah blah."

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

White legs still stained with the ash from the shrine of the Sun God, Onni returns home, her heart heavy in her chest but still beating. The messy of her pale white face was evident, char from the smoke and cinder still clinging to the pale white muzzle and climbing up her right cheek. The tears from her eyes had long since dried, but a clean streak fell down her face, the line contrasting the soot and muck that grimed her once clear visage. Immediately upon crossing the border, the frightful chirp of a bird is heard in her ears, and Onni smiles. Lyhty. The small bird flutters his way down to her slowly dragging form, pale hooves barely lifting from the red sand.

The shaman was tired. The magic which had carried her so swiftly from the herd meeting had been fast, but drained energy. The disappearance of the Sun God had shocked her heart, draining still more of the life from her face. The callous words of the God of Spark still clung to her mind. Were those of Helovia truly greedy? Onni had never requested the powers she was gifted, had never sought them. Perhaps she was too naive to realize the wants of others, but surely she had not deserved such harsh words. Lyhty chirps uncertainly, landing upon her shoulder gently and nudging the side of her neck, as if to soothe the ache growing in her heart. "Good Onni," a whisper in her head, childlike and innocent, but sweet and soothing. The sound is enough to startle the shaman, her sky eyes becoming alert as they gaze behind her at the bird watching with just as focused dark eyes. "You hear?" the voice asks, and Onni nods dumbly, her hooves moving more by instinct now than anything.

So distracted, so wrapped in the small world like a child, Onni hardly noticed as they grew closer and closer to the figure of another. The twinkling of her beads as they lap on her neck, playing jolly rhythms in her ears along with the echoing sound of her bird. The mare had known the two to be close, but never had he attempted to speak, aside from the soothing coos of his song. Quite astounded, as well as muddled with the confusion surrounding her mind, the tobiano nearly walks completely into the stallion gawking down at his hooves. Were it not for the shadow of his figure crossing her eyes, the mare might have continued walking as if he were nothing but a curtain of air. Lyhty chirps in alarm, causing her to snap her head around, blonde hair swirling abount inches from the figure of the male. Her hooves come to a complete stop before she pivots gracefully to the side, letting out a startled breath.

"I apologize," she says, a voice small like the wind. "I was not paying attention." Pale mane and face a mess with black charcoal stains, a muddled appearance in general, the shaman is obviously not herself today.

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

"I apologize," the soft tone began "I was not paying attention."

The sudden tone startled him a bit as he was not expecting anyone to be there. The voice quite comforting, but it was unrecognizable. Although he had never heard the voice before, he already felt as though he knew who it was. It certainly was not Kri, for instance she did not have that quiet tone as the mystery one did. This tone was calm and quiet, but comforting at the same time. Aryel did have a similar tone, but she would have tricked or came next to him. It was typical of himself and Aryel to fool around with one another. Since he had met her that was how they were. She unlocked something within him from his anger and aloof presence. She was his friend and the brute dearly appreciated her and respected her. Also, he was quite glad that he had introduced her in the beginning. Aryel had seen him at his worst and best so in all he didn’t care how he was or looked around her. She was his comfort.

Whoever was behind him, he dearly hoped that he or she did not see him practicing his magic. It was only a short time since he had received his magic from the gods, so he pretty much did not have very good control. Plus he had fallen, therefore, he looked weak and he desperately hoped that it was not a mare. If it was a mare he surely would not make a good impression on them, for he looked clumsy and pathetic. If it were a stallion, it would be just as embarrassing though because he would look weak and klutzy. Either way the darkly shaded brute would not win because this was his day of pure embarrassment. Although, he did not care he was in no such mood to impress anyone so it didn’t matter… what mattered was his family and he needed to figure out a way to protect them from Tio.

Pressing his head down slightly towards the right, he only moved his silver orbs to look behind him. The presence of Onni was surprising, but he was quite glad to see her. Levi had never formally met her before, but he had seen her at herd meetings and gatherings. That’s how he knew the voice; it was from the herd meetings! Onni was Kri’s daughter, the princess ,basically, of the Throat. Onni wasn’t the type that he would think though because she was not snobby or arrogant, so she seemed, but a true kind hearted shaman. On top of basically running the herd with Kri she took on the rank of healing. Levi was quite impressed from what he had heard about her and desperately had wanted to meet with her. Sooner or later, he knew it would happen.

She had a very elegant look about her, and soft features. Her checkered pelt and cloudy blue eyes were a perfect combination. She was dazzling

His dreary look now became brightened and he turned around formally to meet her. Giving a slight bow, he gave her a casual look of concern. She seemed to be stressed and she apologized to him… but for what? She didn’t do anything wrong if anything he should be the one apologizing to her. “There is no need to apologize, Onni, you did nothing wrong…” His clear tone trailed off as he took in what she had said before she was not herself. Levi did not know her at all so he would not know if she was or wasn’t being herself. Taking her word for it he stepped slightly forward with a kind smile that was drawn from his lips. “Miss, I apologize as well for not introducing myself formally to you. I am sorry to hear that you aren’t yourself; I hope that everything is alright. I know things are crazy… I am not myself either, it’s just heart breaking to me that the gods… they have abandoned us. I also don't know what to with myself, with the whole Tio thing I felt as though I let the herd down.” The thought could not function through his mind, but he kept himself quiet as he waited for a response from the checkered princess.

"blah blah blah."

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

There is no need to apologize. A weak smile, like the fading light of the sun as it sinks below the horizon, wells up on Onni's face. Oh, but surely there was need of any apology. Seeking to free Mauja from his solitary world in time from himself, she had forgotten to worry about her own standings. Had she upset the Sun God enough that he wished never to see her? Surely, the presence of the sun in her veins, the magic of healing, was testimony enough that the deity was not put out with her entirely, but his absence had shook her heart. In such times of need, who could the mare tun to in this world?

What does it mean to be in love? Onni often wonders. Surely, had she someone to love, they would welcome her with open arms. Instead, she was left pestering a God as though he were a father. Cynically, bitterly, Onni thinks that he is more of a father than her own.

This is simply not like her. Lowering her head submissively, the blonde locks of her mane fall forward to cover the marred face, covered in charred black and dried saline tears. The shaman was not one to place blame on those in her life. Zodiac is her father, no matter how she wished it to be Voltaic or the God of Fire and Light. Life is not meant to be perfect, but even in those little tears in your story, should you not find beauty? Onni wonders what her normal mentality is about such things, for right now that statement seems foreign and ugly.

As Levi speaks, the Sergeant of this land, Onni listens, though her legs feel numb. Her chest takes in and out air, but she feels suffocated. They have abandoned us. Her head jerks up, soft blue eyes looking at his painted silver. "They have done no such thing," she says, her heart feeling heavy, her words lead. "Can you not feel his presence?" she asks, looking harshly at him, as if she were sending these cutting words to herself. If only she could so easily throw these words at herself, but it seems her own ears are deaf to the knowledge she already holds. "The Father of Light guards this home still, for he loves his people."

"He loves us."

Her muddied, pale face turns up to look directly at the grullo before she begins walking forward, again, Lyhty chirping rather hesitantly at his bonded, as though he were confused by the sudden passion in her voice. Why was she being mean? "You fight for what is important to you. Is that not obvious?"

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

The painted fae’s smile appeared to be forced as they barley curled upon her features. “Fake” Levi thought instantly. She was not fooling anyone into thinking that she was in a light hearted mood today. It was the first time the silver brute had ever met her and she already seemed that it was a chore to talk to him. Levi wasn’t the type to take anything too personally, so he didn’t feel to upset by her being like this. Obviously Onni was upset and she needed someone to talk to. Levi thought of himself as a pretty good listener so if she ever wanted to talk to him, then Levi wouldn’t mind. He liked helping others actually, and personally didn’t mind, especially if it were to be for a herd mate. Levi’s silvery gaze washed over hers with concern a gentle smile approaching her. He wanted to speak to her, but he knew that it might be a better idea to let her speak first. He didn’t want to upset her any more than she already was.

Oh but it got better!

The calm lingering silence between the two suddenly became abundant with a sonorous, but snappish reply. It took him a second to remember what he had just said, but her annoyed tone told him that she didn’t seem to be thrilled. “Great,” He thought “Now look what I’ve done” After he listened to her snap at him for just saying what he knew, he suddenly took a step back, his ears almost pinned to his skull. It was a submissive move more so and he hoped she didn’t take it as him being angry. A feeling a guilt wrenched in his stomach, making it feel uneasy. He felt as though he couldn’t breathe, only for a moment, as he gasped quietly for air “Onni-I-I” He offered in a bewildered tone. “I don’t understand... Whatever I said to upset you I am sorry. I just came from the Veins actually and Sumati was there to. I was waiting there to ask for a gift for your mother as an appreciation for my rank up, but I had been waiting there for a while and nothing was happening. No answer at all, so I was confused. Usually they would at least give me an answer, so when Sumati had found me there she told me that they had abandoned us and I thought that was the situation. I am sorry, Onni, for misunderstanding.” He turned his silver gaze away from her, looking towards the little granules of sand. He was in no mood to argue, especially with Onni. He did not want trouble in the herd. His eyes softened as he looked towards her again, searching for her icy gaze. He had no intension of trying to suck up to her or demand anything; he was just simply trying to explain to her that he just he didn’t know what the hell was going on.

"blah blah blah."