the Rift

[OPEN] Back When Bears Had Tails [Phaedra]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Are you listening closely? Can you hear the serene silence around them as if it were your own?

The starry-eyed beast seems to hear a sound in the distance before any other creature in the land becomes aware of it. His sunny disposition fades swiftly, and his eyes, closing as he had begun to dose in her embrace, snap open. He is alert and aware, rising on hind legs and leaning forward to rest two paws on the mare's chest. He grunts and snuffles in apparent fear, pressing into her, pushing her away. The hunter's bugle calls in the distance, and echoing behind are the barks of the dogs.

Haha! Hear that, peace interrupted. Were you scared? Surely you jumped, don't deny your fear.

Stepping back on carefully balanced and positioned hindquarters, the bear hastily reaches up into the air to paint faint patterns of starlight in the low-hanging mists of the glen. Delicately he picks out stars in his claws and holds them out to the mare. They are small, just as they seem in the distant sky; little, cold golden orbs with spiraling patterns of light and something completely unique about each one. He gathers a handful swiftly and stretches on pointed toes to run them through her mane, which hangs down over him in sheets as she has bent. There they stay, fixtures of her beauty, gifts from a spirit bear.

Do not doubt them, they will stay. Mute or not, there is magic in this creature. I am disappointed in you for even questioning the gift.

The hunter's bugle sounds once more, and the bear casts a hurried glance behind him. The snapping of ghostly fangs clashing together and slender paws striking the earth puts the bear on edge, but he will not leave without saying a proper goodbye. He roars softly, forcing himself up and wrapping his arms over her neck in a gesture almost like that of a hug. His head presses against her chest, his cold wet nose brushes her golden coat, and magic rushes from his body to hers. He is reluctant to leave her, but knows that his time left in the woods is short. Stepping back, he looks upon her, lit by starlight, and then turns to run. His parting roar strikes the serene meadow, and then into starlight, he fades away.

Yes, wasn't that a lovely story? And then, the little be- oh, it seems I've lost my audience. Sleep well, my children.

[[Congratulations! Phaedra now has beads formed from stars in her mane, and the passive magic for her coat to glimmer as if lit by starlight! Please post in the updates to receive these gifts.]]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back When Bears Had Tails [Phaedra] - by Random Event - 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM