the Rift

[PRIVATE] Do I know you? {Iris}

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Pheonix flew in the lands that he would soon call his home. He hasn't officially joined the Dragon's Throat, the oasis surrounded by a vast expanding desert, but the place suited him perfectly, even though it was completely different than the home that he inhabited before he arrived, and lived at before. With a powerful push of his wings, he lifted back up into the sky, scanning the whole area below. It was absolutely perfect, the place he wanted to be in so badly.

He started reflecting back on his life, and the stupid little things that almost mattered too much to him. The little things like tiny remarks that others said to him, or his orange seeming fur color. It was almost like when he was a foal, he wanted blazing red eyes, like a Phoenix instead of his stupid emerald green eyes. But now, he got used to them and actually grew to like them. It did get the ladies after all. He thought to himself, messing around, but as he thought about it a playful, sheepish smile appeared on his face. He knew he was too shy, and probably would embarrass himself big time. He wasn't even good at flirting, or starting up a conversation. He smiled to himself. What about a companion? He truly did miss Vilkas, he true best friend, but after that separation he started thinking about getting a companion to ease his loneliness, and more about magic and the Sun god. Even in his past home, they did praise the Sun god and his everlasting powers. Pheonix especially, being obsessed with fire. He wanted a Phoenix. One that would accompany him by his side. He smiled, and started sinking closer to the ground.

If he was going to live here soon, it would be well to meet some of the herd's horses. He reared up on his hind legs and let out a whinny. Hopefully he wouldn't get too intimidated and fly away.

*Sorry, I've never been good at starting posts ;P *

Iris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The dark bay mare flew through the sky. The wind buffeted beneath her jet black wings, propelling her forward. The warm breeze blew her mane and forelock back into the wind. She snorted with exhilaration, and tucked her wings in a little; veering down a few feet. She scanned the light orange landscape below her, looking for other horses, but seeing none. Oh well then, she would probably see many soon and would get to talk a lot, she hoped.

Iris has just recently joined the Dragon's Throat herd, and was ecstatic about it. She had been wandering alone for so many moons, with no one to talk to except her own thoughts swirling around in her head. She still felt a small pain in her chest when she remembered leaving the herd of her birth, and all her siblings. But she knew she had needed a new life after her father had been murdered. She had needed a fresh start.

Suddenly she noticed a movement out of the corner of her eye, bringing her back to reality. In the far distance she noticed a golden stallion sinking slowly to the ground. Her heart raced with excitement. Finally! Another horse for company!! She tucked in her wings and plummeted toward the ground at an amazing speed; determined to catch up with the winged stallion. She landed in the light orange sand with a dull thud; her dark grey hooves digging into the hot sand. She picked up a brick gallop, trying to catch up with the horse.

Finally, having caught up with him, she noticed he was a strong handsome looking stallion, with a golden coat. His mane and tail were white with light orange streaks, that looked like little flames of fire. His eyes were kind looking, and were a deep emerald color.
"Hello there!", she said kindly to him.
"My name is Iris and I've just joined the Dragon's Throat. Are you part of the herd too? Or are you joining? It's nice to meet you!" She hoped she wasn't being rude by approaching him so suddenly.

Unregistered
Landing on the ground was the best part. The lad tucked his wings in gracefully to his sides, swooping down getting a better view. Closing his emerald eyes, he dove closer, his long tail streaming out behind him, and his mane whipping around in all directions. Just before touch down, his primal instincts of flight kicked in, as he stretched his legs out, slightly bent for impact as he landed on the ground running until he could halt from the inertia. Exhilaration was coursing through Pheonix, adrenaline running in his veins, and his soul was screaming out, get up there and fly again! But he knew it would be better to walk around and wait for someone to come and approach him.

The lad finally slowed down from the gallop, and barely after he landed he heard wingbeats, quick and powerful ones, coming closer to him. As he swiveled his head around he saw an elegant mare come closer to him, galloping at a very high pace as she landed. Thoughts started to go through his mind. Did I land as gracefully as her? He thought to himself as he watched the beauty come closer. As he took in her appearance, scanning her face, he found her slightly familiar. Pheonix felt slightly self conscious. He wasn't the most handsome stud, he usually told himself, and he wasn't the most social one either (until he got to know you). "Well then, hello!" He said, refraining from saying 'You are in the presence of awesome', knowing it would just irritate her. The bashful words only came out with other males around.

"I'm Pheonix, and I recall m'am, you seem quite familiar", he said smiling. "I am going to join this herd, the reason why I came here. I find it quite a beautiful place", he said smiling. "It's nice to meet you too", he said, slightly shy and offering up another smile.

*Sorry for the wait ;___; *

Unregistered
The sun glinted it's liquid golden rays off the handsome stallion's coat, making him look on fire. Iris looked into his kind emerald eyes, and she didn't know why, but something told her that she could trust him. Maybe it was the way he looked at her. She didn't know.
"Well then, hello!", he said. "I'm Phoenix, and I recall m'am, you seem quite familiar. I am going to join this herd, the reason why I came here. I find it quite a beautiful place." He smiled at her, and Iris suddenly felt slightly self conscious. Was she acting right? Did she look okay?

Then he said, "It's nice to meet you too."
Phew. She let out a breath. She just had to relax.
She smiled shyly. "Oh, that's great you're joining the herd! I've quite new myself. I was an outcast just a few moons ago. It's so nice being part of a herd now, and having company to talk to. All those months wandering alone, with no one to talk to was really nerve racking for me. And now I've met you! Maybe we can be friends?", she said shyly. She tucked her dark black wings closer to her body, nervously. Her light grey hooves dug into the orange sand, and she flicked her tail. The sun was glaring it's rays onto her face, making her have to squint.
Then she added, "It's getting really hot out here. Maybe we can walk somewhere, and find a shady spot?"

*OOC: I'm so sorry for the wait! :( This week has been insane, and I've had tests.

Unregistered
The mare looked slightly sheepish as Pheonix continued to speak kindly to her. Friends were uncommon for him, due to his strange, shy personality shifting to a happy, out going stance in an instance. Few horses came and befriended him, and some actually feared him for his renowned fighting skills back in his old home. Stopping his floating mind, he focused back on the blue eyed beauty. Instead of water, he felt as if her eyes reflected ice instead if the deeper blue of water, and his like the emerald leaves of forests. As uttered his last word of almost hyper friendliness, he saw her sigh, almost looking relieved. Was she....shy? Around him? A warm flutter arose in his stomach, but he pushed it down. Don't raise your hopes. She might not like you the inner voice in his head rang, earning him not to lift his spirits.

"You're right. Being an outcast is just too dangerous, especially for such a pretty lady like to", he said trying to compliment her, but sound like he was flirting more than anything. "The company is just wonderful, and I kind of need to learn how to socialize", he said reflecting on his personality. "And of course we can be friends, we can be best friends. I think I've taken a liking talking with you", he said kindly touching her with his wing. Thankfully she had a herd with her, because wandering males could take advantage of the sweetheart. "Sure! It is getting hot", he said casually, motioning her to follow him. "Or maybe I should follow you, since you know the land better than me", Pheonix said, waiting for her. "While we're at it, tell me what has brought you to Helovia?" He asked, wanting to know more.

Unregistered
Iris flushed happily as Phoenix complemented her. He called her pretty! Stallions had never really seemed to like her that much because of her odd shy personality. And Phoenix had said that he sort of needed to learn socialize too. Their personalities were in some ways, alike. He reached over and touched her with his wing, and Iris could feel her heart speed up, and pound against her chest at a million miles per hour.
“Well, to be honest, I’m so new here I don’t know the land very well. Let’s go this way though; there might some trees or something we can stand under.” She looked back at him, to make sure that he was following her. As he asked her about her past she felt a pain in her chest. She closed her eyes for a few seconds, thinking about her horrid past. How could she bring herself to talk about it?
“Well, I lived in a herd very far away from Helovia. I lived with them for a few years, and had a very happy life, and a family. Then, a rogue outcast came in and murdered my father. I decided that I couldn’t live in that place any longer. I ran away. I wandered the forests for a long while looking for a home, until I ran across Helovia.”
She smiled sadly at him, looking into his deep emerald eyes that were filled with kindness. There seemed to be real gems reflecting back at her from his eyes. She felt like she was falling into his gaze. She felt a warm feeling throughout her body. She reached her muzzle out to touch his neck briefly.
“I like you a lot too.” she quietly whispered.

Unregistered
He saw the pretty girl flush as he complimented her on her stunning looks. Indeed it was true that the girl was a beauty, but he would never compliment her more than 'pretty lady' for he couldn't bring himself out of the anxious state he was usually in to say such a thing. As he touched her with his wing, he could almost see nervousness in her eyes, and he felt excited that he was actually wooing a girl. How incredible was it to actually meet someone and feel so many jolts of electricity. She was the first horse that made him feel like this, for most of the girls he met were rambunctious and loud, almost like Pheonix when he personally knew you. But the shy girl captivated him, and he never really met any horse like her.

"Okay then. Be my guide", he said mischievously, almost teasing her. The stallion was already easing in, and took a great liking to her as a friend, or maybe something possibly more. Maybe it was the fact that she was a female and he was a male. She started retelling him a story, and he almost felt a pity for her. "That must be terrible....", he spoke quietly, making his eyes fall down. "Well, at least you have a loving herd now", he whispered, nudging her kindly. "Moral support right here", he joked around, flipping his mane cause he was fab-u-lous. "I love my hair", he said childishly. "Well I'm glad you like me cause now. We can talk", he said, looking around hoping no one else was there. "Cause really, I can act like such a fool", he said with a smile on his face.

Unregistered
The sun glinted off of the golden stallion's coat, making him look like he really was a phoenix. His long mane blew back a little in the light breeze. As Iris looked into Phoenix's emerald green eyes, she felt herself being pulled into his captivating gaze. She was beginning to think of him as possibly more than a friend. She had never felt this way about any of the other stallions she met. They had just always annoyed her with their obnoxious behavior and constant flirting; none of them ever seemed to understand her. But Phoenix was totally different. Something about him seemed to entrance her. He he was the only one who actually seemed kind, and understood her.

After she had finished telling her life story, she saw his eyes drop down with sadness. Or even pity for her. When he nudged her kindly, Iris felt as if an electric current were racing through her entire body.
"Thank you.", she whispered quietly. "I glad I joined the Dragon's Throat to, and can't wait till you join. I've never met another horse like you before. I guess I'm beginning to think of you as more than a friend." Feeling brave, Iris lightly touched her muzzle to his, feeling the electricity between them again. "I love my hair.", he said. Iris looked at him with an amused glint in her eye. "I know. It goes wonderful with such a handsome stallion like you.", she said playfully, complimenting him. Iris felt her uncomfortableness evaporating. She felt as if she easing up a bit, and was feeling more comfortable with him.

Unregistered
The girl seemed to be staring at my golden pelt, and for once I didn't mind. I felt that she was very pretty, with her big blue eyes, but I questioned inside of me if I really crushing on her. I thought of her more as a friend. Maybe as time went on and I got to know her more, maybe our friendship would grow. For now, in my mind I was slightly skeptical. As I nudged Iris, I felt her slightly shudder, and I smiled a little bit. She was really cute.

But the male couldn't fall in love, not yet. He needed to establish himself in a herd, preferably the Dragon's Throat, for he wanted to regain his warrior skills, and gain more friends.

"You know what Iris, you're really pretty, and sooner or later, I think I'll develop those feelings for you too," Pheonix truthfully said. He wasn't in love...yet. "But you must know something about me... I have anxiety with new horses. So maybe you'll help me with that", he playfully inquired. The girl started easing up, slightly flirting with him. It's on. Flipping his luscious mane, he chuckled at her remark, and the childishness took hold of him. "HA. You know what would look fa-bu-lous in your hair. Pink. Pink. Pink", he said with a laugh, nudging her. "But, I know you think I'm handsome", he winked, rustling his wings. Was it his shyness that prevented him from falling in love yet? Hopefully it would change.

*UGH. Suckish post. ;__; My muse is dying. It'll get better*

Unregistered
Iris's grey hooves were almost covered by the warm orange sand, but the sun was being covered by a dark grey cloud, so a shadow took place over her coat. As she looked at the golden stallion she finally realized what he was talking about. He wanted to be fully part of a herd first. He didn't want to just fall in love without really thinking about it. He wanted to establish his life before making any drastic decisions. And she fully understood also. She knew what it was like not to be part of a herd yet. She herself wanted to be of some help to the herd. She wanted to do something. She wanted to help in some way. She didn't just want to be dead weight mulling around
She nodded slowly and smiled kindly at him.
"I completely understand what you are saying.", she said her voice sounding soft and feminine. "I felt the same way before I joined the herd...not about falling in love....but about wanting to be somebody beforehand."
After he mentioned her hair, she laughed hard, and smile tracing at her lips.
"Wow! You're so funny!", she said, her voice flirty. She nudged him softly,
"Yep Pink would definitely go with my hair! And red would go well with yours!." A gleam of amusement twinkled in her eyes. She reared up, and playfully batted him with her wing. "yep you are handsome!"
"So when do you think you are going to join this herd?"