the Rift

[OPEN] Starting From Scratch [apprentice pupils, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Something about using my newfound gift sends shivers of delight through me. I had procured magic before this, but I rarely have the opportunity to use my ability to travels into the spirit lands in search of its inhabitants; in fact, I have avoided my gift since my daughter’s death, fearing that as I step through the breach between worlds, I will be confronted once more with her hauntingly peaceful face. But this magic, this general warmth, it provides me with something both calming and empowering, and at once I understand the true allure of magic.

The loose corner is now firmly fitted to the remainder of the structure, and I turn to wander down the wall’s short length, checking the steel with a gentle prod of magic from time to time. Everything else appears to hold strong, and I am able to get a sense of the process involved in building it. A breeze floats through the air in the shade beneath the walkway, and I relax for a moment, closing my eyes as it pulls tendrils of my mane free, and then I am on the move again, wandering back out into the sun. It is warm, though not with the glaring, oppressive heat of Tallsun. This, at least, is bearable.

A quick jaunt up the ramp, prepared to leap into flight should it collapse beneath me, and I am atop the structure with a grin. It holds my weight well (though I am admittedly a small weight for it to hold in comparison to some of my brethren) and I am satisfied that though there is little done on the wall, what has been done was well-built.

The clip of hooves on metal makes me turn, and I am greeted by the eager face of a yearling, his companion clinging quite amiably to his nape. There is a certain gleam in his eyes that is quickly explained by his rushing speech. I barely have time to answer his first question with a hasty, ”Yes, I am.” He’s off introducing himself and rambling on, his devotion to his studies apparent in every word. I smile at him and force down a chuckle. It is good to have one so eager on board, for it will make my work that much easier. And more pleasant.

”Slow down, youngling,” I tell him, my amusement clear in my kind vocals and sparkling eyes. ”My name is Sohalia, and I am indeed the new Forger. Or, at least, one of them, though I have yet to meet the other. I am sure, however, that I speak for both of us when I say that it is wonderful to have such an eager young colt as our apprentice.” The pleasantries out of the way, I am now able to address his pressing curiousity.

”I’m sure that you’ve got a great deal to offer, Cera. Why don’t you come and draw up the layouts for me? I believe I have an understanding of the wall, but I would like to make sure that I’m not missing anything.” I notice the furry head poking over the youngling’s shoulder, and I smile, enchanted. I am very fond of companions, particularly when they seem to care as much for their bonded as this one does. If I have learned anything of them, it is that they form their own opinions about their bonded’s associates. I will simply have to hope that the panda approves of me for young Cera’s sake.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting From Scratch [apprentice pupils, open] - by Sohalia - 04-29-2013, 11:46 AM