the Rift

[OPEN] Confirmation [Roland/Arah/Archi/Psyche + others]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia heard the silver beast of death speak more than two words for the first time, and as such, she paid keen attention. Her pale, tulip auds tilted forward, and she smiled pleasantly but bitterly. However, it seemed that the conversation of the group swayed her from replying at that very moment. Instead, d'Artagnan chose to speak, and she was eagerly awaiting his response. The white mare had never felt and overly deep affection for children, but she had always felt a connection to the lost souls of the world - those who never belonged as she never belonged.

His reply shocked her to her core, struck her in her chest, and incited an anger colder than blue fire. The expression on her face grew hard, but her features remained otherwise unchanged. A gentle sway of her tail behind her fetlocks paused, and she blinked in disbelief. But she would never forget those words, not for the rest of her days. The cold anger that rose in her heart started her with its darkness. She did not just want to kill the stallion, oh no. Death would be merciful. The ice in her heart wanted to pin him to a tree and leak him of blood, slowly. And once he was fully drained, she wanted to skin him, tan his hide and put his severed head upon a stake for all to see.

But even that was merciful. She wanted to bore holes into his eyes and drain his soul of meaning. Though she showed little signs of her freezing rage, Tinek felt it acutely. The silver dragon arched his spined back and flew to a nearby ledge on the mountain side, white frost falling from his open, fanged maw. Crimson eyes locked onto d'Artagnan, but Tinek did not aim to harm the stallion. Emotion was coursing through him that he still could barely understand or control; he was reacting.

"Tinek, that is quite unnecessary," Ophelia murmured, her voice hard. The dragon quickly shut his jaws and crouched onto the ledge, watching carefully still.

But she also learned something quite valuable in the process. Her father's suspicions were confirmed. Psyche and Giselle's corruption had spread through the herd, poisoning their minds with this concept of supremacy. Ophelia's strange, dual colored eyes leveled on the doctor's. "He had the strength to realize his situation was foul and the bravery to remove himself. The term father ill suits you," she said coldly before tearing her gaze to look back at Psyche.

Ophelia sighed. "Deimos does have a fair point, as do you," she agreed. "However, that is not my call to make. I can reduce the price of the contract, considering that the actions of the Throat are not known. As for confidentiality, we only speak of contracts that are completed. I can assure you that only the Grey and its proper members are privy to the details of contracts." The white mare had flipped a switch from fury to calm and collected. She respected Psyche more so than she let on, but from her demeanor, it was obvious that she did not find her aunt distasteful.

Misguided, perhaps? Everyone was entitled to their own beliefs, of course. Acting on those beliefs to the detriment of others however, was where she drew a line.

Revenge? Conquest? Power? Ophelia could stand behind those ideals. They rested in hearts all the same - winged, horned or bare.

"My sister leads the warriors. Only she can grant you fighters. But, I can assure you that even I would not act without knowing your full intentions. In order to ensure our safety, especially considering our rather small numbers, we have to know what the dangers are." Ophelia frowned. "However, that in itself poses a problem, as transparency is not always an option. If you wish to renegotiate and illuminate myself or another individually, you are welcome to contact me or my sister. If you would prefer not to speak your plans aloud, I can search the surface of your mind for the answer, but I will not pry without your permission."

Ophelia paused and looked up at the leader. "The choice is yours and you have as much time as you need." With that said, she bowed her head briefly in a sign of respect.

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confirmation [Roland/Arah/Archi/Psyche + others] - by Ophelia - 05-20-2013, 07:23 AM