the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Show Me What I'm Looking For

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It had been a short time ago since I had been appointed Diviner. Oh how lovely it had been as well, the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. And what better way to help the herd than to tend to a magical fire and try to obtain information, all the while sharpening my wits and intelligence.

Especially from none other than Sun God. I had not heard of his appearance nor of his personality, but I hoped for the best. I had tended this fire for the past day straight with little to no outside contact. It was me, my shadow, my beating heart, and the ever-burning fire in front of me.

Though I had not tried to contact the God of the Sun yet, I had been tending a beautiful fire that now roared and crackled with pleasure. My large antlers could be used to poke and push around burning debri as well as carry it and drop it. Either way, they were a help and the smell of burning plants began to linger in my coat. I would occasionally find a good piece of shrub that was green with certain flowers to drop in that gave off a wonderfully pleasant smell.

Actually, that's what I just now did. The smell was a sweet but smoky smell that filled my flaring nostrils. The fiery smell and sight was something that had been inscribed in my instincts to avoid. However, as ironic as it seemed, I had come to love it and its many uses. I was perhaps becoming more of a friend than an acquaintance. I used to smile at it's hugs and kisses of warmth and light but now I embraced it and the images that seemed to appear deep within it.

I smile at the thought and stare deeply into the blazing heat. The sun was beginning to sink and the fire was no casting a warm and shining glow upon my buckskin and dappled coat. My usually silver-glinting black mane was now reflecting glints of orange and yellow. The reflection of the fire was now in my eyes and I decided it was time.

I take a step back and look up into the evening sky with a smile on my face and the words leave my mouth like a silent but elegant kiss "Dear God of the Sun, I come to you tonight and seek your very presence and your words."

Image Credits

"Talk"