the Rift

Sunfall

Krishna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SUNSHINE CRIME
equine gods of fire and feather

He stepped into a small clearing, nostrils flaring against cool twilight air. Krishna had hidden himself in a deep thicket of rodendran during the blazing heat of the day. Though the stallion did not enjoy hiding himself from sunlight, the heat now stuck to him like a second pelt and sunlight seared after a short time in its usually regenerating light. He was weary now of Tallsun, ready for relief, but he was no fool. He knew Helovia was shifting, this world he was rejoining was now enduring tests and furies from the gods. Not just any. The pegasus gave a sigh and shook his curled mane, continuing his leisure walk through the thinning forest. He noticed today during his travel, trees thinning from their otherwise overpowering height and proximity. Wild grass stroked his withers as he moved through the small thicket, happy to see a bit of space. He could take to the skies from here.

It was tempting. Lichen green eyes glanced heavenward to a cooling sky, blues mellowing to stained red and gold before silhouetted trees marred his vision. Higher still came black space, deep night transforming slated blue to navy, relentless in its pursuit to blanket the sky. His wings felt cramped against his flanks, the very thought causing them to stretch wide until his primaries separated like bristles.

But he shouldn't really. He needed to find others like him, find where they gathered so he could join their ranks and be part of a herd again. The life of a wanderer, though adventurous, was overall cumbersome and Krishna was ready for a change. Though he probably would have better luck taking to the skies, he was also curious to see if he would run into anyone else. Not a productive venture, sure, since he would really love to find a place to call home and sleep for days - curiosity was his weakness and he hadn't seen a horn-head or a bare-body in a long time. Krishna tucked his wings back in place and resumed moving forward.

He hadn't seen anyone in a long time.
---
Arcus :: Amethystium

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Long and lithe form wove its way through weakening pines, taking in the broken, sun-baked earth and unguent aromas of death. There was no decay in the air, only brittle heat and the putrid stench of recent fire. Smoke and pain were the only things left in the wake of the Sun God's fury.

The heat of the sun beat down upon my back, cruel against the dark of my skin and maniacal in its hatred. Even in the setting light it persisted, the final rays of day seemingly hunting me down specifically to singe the very flesh odd my back. I kept to thickets as a defense, creeping around trees and clinging to their shadows. Finding myself within the Threshold was an unintentional side effect of my trek to the Deep Forest, yet somehow I did not resent the detour. Perhaps I could do some good here, find a lost soul and rescue them from this oppressive heat.

I scoffed at my own thoughts, head shaking in wry amusement. Rishima, the hero. I should like to see that day. I was no valiant knight; and while in truth, I did posses some desire to gain the regards of those outside my family, I did not delude myself for a moment that it would be through any form of heroism. The whole idea amused me. Dark eyes glittering, spirit lighter, I pressed on, drifting through the outskirts of the forest like a thistle on a breeze.

The simple rustle of steps on dry grass alerted me to his presence; a deep inhalation of the stagnant air confirmed it. Musty, masculine; I recognized the deep aroma of feathers and male, pausing for a moment to contemplate this arrangement. Despite my earlier desire to find company, I now found myself hesitant and insecure. As far as I could tell, the stranger had not yet noticed my presence. I could slip away, let him wait a short time longer. It was evening now, dark enough that he should be safe from the wrath of the Sun God. Perhaps one of the Throat would come for him. No doubt he would be happier with his own kind.

Muscles contracted, steps were taken. Body began to pivot away, silently, making my escape.

Coward.

Cowardice. The word crashed through my skull like a drum, painful and accusing and so very true. Angry, I grit my teeth against my own accusation, eyes furrowed in denial and guilt. I had paused where I stood, uncertain now; are you really going to run? No, damn it, I would greet the pegasus without shame, no matter what worries tried to plague my mind. Composing my features back into some semblance of calm, I turned again, this time to pursue the new scent. I loathed this life of socializing.

Around the trunk of an older oak, and there he stood, quite suddenly and very close. Hooves crashed into the ground, body pulled into an abrupt and awkward halt as I tried to avoid collision. How had I not noticed the distant footfalls growing so close? Had I truly been so caught up in my own thoughts? Foolishness, all of it. I had to snap out of this obscene funk.

I stepped back calmly, face quiet and apologetic, eyes glittering with dry laughter. "Forgive me, friend," is murmured against the uncomfortable night air,
"I did not hear your approach." A gentle smile is offered, a friendly face. Eyes gloss over his sleek figure, slightly shorter than my own, stopping at the furled wings by his side. I have not seen many pagasi here, and I must confess my curiosity to be at its peak. Questions are bitten back, patience enforced. Let the boy recover. Ask questions later.

Unregistered
SUNSHINE CRIME
equine gods of fire and feather

He smelled her, yet she was so delicate against the seething heat left over from the receding day that it did not settle in his brain until three seconds before he rounded the large, writhing oak trunk. With a start he jammed his hooves into the soil, wings fanning slightly to display his surprise. Yet the stallion recovered with grace, dipping his head in greeting and taking a step back to give them both a bit of space. Small ears pricked high to catch every breath from her velvet muzzle, he could see her whiskers arching from here, shivering with every puff of breath. 'Forgive me friend. I did not hear your approach.' Her voice was inviting, but careful. Krishna flicked his tail, feathers ruffling with the motion. His lantern-green eyes met her warm charcoal irises and he found himself caught in a moment of silent consideration. He should say something right now, at this moment, to prevent any awkwardness. Yet the shock of ethereal white flowing down her neck, sprawling over her alert gaze, deterred the action. She stood around his height, though where he held thickness and stock, she was long lines and elegance. Power in her shoulders, certainty in her hooves.

He forgot Equines held a simple beauty about them.

No worries. Excellent start, way to sound reassuring and sophisticated. Krishna cleared his throat, glancing out towards the trees for a nervous second, but didn't let his eyes linger away from his new company for long. I am Krishna. Are you - roaming anywhere in particular? He tried to sound non-challant, not wanting her to assume he was intending on tagging along or haunting her shadow if she wanted to depart. But he was not eager to let company get away so easily.

OOC: forgive crappy shortness, still sorting out his personality <3
Arcus :: Amethystium

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

Luck would have me stumble upon a pegasus as the sun begins to set across Helovia. I catch sight of his body with my dark blue eyes against the last glares of the sun as it is dragged below the horizon - the nightly gift from the God of the Moon, which I had come to appreciate more as the horribly hot days pass. I make my way, a ghost through the trees, toward the dark body of the pegasus, who walks calmly through the forest of the Threshold. While I tended to prefer a mare, nothing was wrong with bringing home a strong bodied stallion at times, even if they were less capable at times.

Perhaps this one would be competant like Azzuen. I could only hope for the best.

As I approach, the arrival of another, who was standing behind one of the wilting trees of the once great forest, appears from nowhere. My limbs stiffen in surprise, a movement echoed through the body of the stallion. I watch the meeting with quiet intrigue, abstaining from making my entrance until the exchange has taken place. The mare of the night speaks with eloquence, and I look at her figure with interest. A dark body topped with silver - she reminds me much of the Goddess of the Moon in that regard. The crescent upon her rump leaves me with the suspicion that she too has met this deity and favors her kindly.

The words of the newcomer are less than elegant, especially juxtaposed with the words of the mare, and I wince slightly for him. The false are of nonchalance, mirrored in his posture, are thick in each syllable. Having observed the pair quite enough, I make my entrance finally, gray hooves soft on the crisp loam at my feet as I close the gap between us. I hold my head high, blonde mane resting easily upon my broad face, muscular body similar to that of a stallion. The subtle curves of my body, however, would give away my gender to the observant - that and the feminine voice which peels from my lips with all the confidence of a leader.

"Welcome, brother," I say to the pegasus stallion, my dark blue eyes sliding over his glossy black body quickly. My stance is held firm, even as my gaze shifts to the other mare, tall and lean, who I now recognize from the meeting of the Qian. "Hello to you, lady of the Qian."
""

[ ooc: Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in. ^^ ]

The empty expanse of silence stretches between us, laying against the warm night air and amplifying every sound of his breath, every crunch of hooves pressing against the earth, and yet somehow I did not notice how unsettling the abrupt emptiness that followed my words should have felt. Or rather, I was aware of the lapse in conversation - I simply chose to ignore it. Faced with the overwhelming chasm of word's lull, I felt some measure of calm appreciation.

Gaze drifted across his form as I awaited some response, staunchly refusing to apologize for the dawning still. Abrupt bolts of color tempered the darkness of his figure, brilliant cerulean and mossy emerald tugging my mind towards memories of crisp mountain lakes, cool water and mild breeze. His wings, the wings furled at his side; they catch my interest more than all the rest. He offers the promise of something new and unknown, this winged beast, something intriguing. I let my mind roam across the coiled muscles of his extra appendages, catching myself wondering what it felt like to fly, how the muscles of his wings worked against those already placed against his forelegs, the anatomy of the creature underneath. I should like to fly, someday.

He speaks, and I dart my eyes back to his face, smiling slightly against the weight of his voice, amused as he clears his throat and starts again. Another sound catches my attention, however; eyes drift across him to the edges of the clearing, curious, before again drawing back as his words pierce my alert ears. "Hm?" is offered, a well-placed stall as I try to collect the question I barely heard. Someone else is here.

"I am on my way to the deep forest, one of the few places outside of the sun's reach. Many of us have gathered there." Our exchange has left me with a pleasant taste in my mouth, a hopeful wonder that leads me to think that I have made the right decision in confronting the stallion. I find it intriguing that he has asked where I am going, rather than where I am from - for in truth, I am from nowhere. Perhaps, today, we can share destinations. Smile more genuine now, my lips make to part once more.

Of course, as was often my luck, the other mare took this moment to enter the scene.

Soft mouth tightened back into a curious line, I arched my neck to catch her approach. More feathers, more wings; this one held some familiarity in her stance. Kri, was it? I recognize the smaller mare by her presence at my sister's meeting, and the way her figure reflected that of a younger creature, Onni. Dark eyes took her in, her approach and the confidence of her gait. My own figure remains still and calm, a hoof cocked and my face blank. Partially frustrated, I was also intrigued by the leader. Her voice rang out, greetings Krishna and myself, to which I returned a nod, and the murmured "Kri." I knew this dance.

She would ask him to come home with her soon, and I would carry on in solitude. We would perhaps encounter one another in the future, but as distant acquaintances. I did not fool myself into thinking that I was charismatic; it was Mirage who could convince complete strangers to trust and follow her, not I. A smile flickers across my face, bittersweet and accepting. Dark eyes are back on Krishna, now; waiting for his reaction to the newcomer, for her to offer shelter and a herd. I would wait for the dance to end, and then make my escape. There was little else for me to do here.

Unregistered

"You should really work on how you present yourself," Vishnu grinned with a flick of his tail, cinnamon ears pricking with amusement. Krishna flared his nostrils and acted like the advice thundered through his mind without leaving tracks, but knew his brother was right. Somehow Krishna undercut himself around strangers. "A good tactician will need to be the symbol of strength, and be able to convince others to rally in times of need." Krishna threw his mane over his left side and glared at Vishnu, tired of his helpful but unwanted advice. His twin knew, sky blue eyes shining with sibling taunts. "Just say'n." The memory rolled through his head and the stallion felt emotional clouds construe his face, but was unable to help the passing storm. He did not want to think about his family, not now, not for a while. He came here to start anew. So focus. Try to not be a callous fool. His eyes returned to the lunar marred mare, realizing he had no name and should have asked. Well, maybe another chance would present itself without him blundering like a graceless foal.

"Hmm?...I am on my way to the deep forest, one of the few places outside of the sun's reach. Many of us have gathered there." Her nightfall voice fluttered through his ears. Krishna nodded in understanding, having come from the floral depths where in deed he had found many opportunities for reprieve from the harsh sun. She smiled at him, this ethereal moon-touched mare, warm pools meeting his with more interest, curiosity touching the sides of her mouth. He could sense questions, more conversation, and was glad to see that she did not look displeased. Krishna gave a tentative grin back. Maybe he would have a night of company after all. His gut shivered at the thought of being around others again, after being alone for so long and longing for the comfort of conversation and silent grazing. Back tracking would be nothing, he could fly back to this thicket and resume where he left off.

Branches trembled, her ears pricked, and a comforting scent whiffed into his muzzle. Krishna twisted to the side, finding himself confronted with a pegasus mare, head and tail held high, shoulders back with a confident entrance. Krishna smiled to the new mare, dipping his head before any words could fall out of his mouth. Silken palomino tan hued her comely frame, blonde mane covering engaging blue eyes. "Welcome, Brother. Hello to you Lady of the Qian."

"Kri." the Lady returned with a smooth face and a kind smile. Krishna eyed her for a moment before turning again to Kri.

"Sister, I am Krishna Vrishni, it is well to meet you." Too bad his introduction to the kind equine mare hadn't been as constructed. He caught another whiff of Kri's genteel scent and noted traces of others - a herd perhaps. A world he could join. At his leisure of course. Krishna was in no huge rush, besides finding a nice place to sleep. Which could be put off in lieu of company, and he was still so curious about this Lady of the Qian. "I've traveled for a while," a flash of his twin jumped into his head and Krishna shifted so his body was open to both mares, eyes moving smoothly from one to the other as he spoke. "as an explorer" -that sounded impressive right? better than the directionless wanderer he was for three years - "but have not had the pleasure of company or herd life in many, many sun falls. Please, forgive my lack of restraint when I say I am thrilled to meet, and see, you both." For some reason he felt the need to explain a bit of himself, even though now that it was all out he thought of a thousand ways he could have phrased it better.

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute

The dark bodied mare is less than enthused at my appearance, to be certain. In her stance forms what could be construed as defeat, even though this conversation has barely started. While I am quite aware that she would likely have sought this stallion as her companion, I am not quite ready to forefeit him to Mirage's ranks of outcasts. Still, I find her immediate withdrawal almost disheartening. As a mare of great confidence, I shudder to think about how it must be to lack such an important element, as this one appears to.

Judging by her appearance, I would guess that she is one of Mirage's siblings, especially because of the closeness they had displayed during the meeting. My own daughter and I had not even been so close as the mares, and I would have expected the two sisters to be more similar. However, while Mirage had immediately impressed me with her bold speech and strong heart, this other sister was more reserved and timid - easy to fall to defeat. I have no pity for the victim who places themselves there, only distaste.

There is no room for disdain on this night, despite how I may loathe the way she seems to cower into submission. She is my ally, a friend, and I shall treat her as such, even if I may not understand how she operates. My thoughts cannot linger much longer on the dark beauty before me, as it appears the stallion has regained his wits. His greeting to me is both friendly and formal, proffering a name by which I should call him. I smile gratefully at the stallion, my blue eyes slipping toward his own darkened shape in the dimming light.

His words continue, describing to me a bit about himself. The explanation he offers would account for the awkward first lines shared with the dark mare. A lack of interaction with others can leave you hungry for conversation. I had been starved before arriving in Helovia, myself. The first encounter after such long periods of solitude can be very jarring, to say the least, and I immediately forgive his former slips of courtesy. A lot can be said about those who travel, but I have a sinking suspicion that he, like many others who wander, are not looking for their future, but trying to escape their past. I wonder to myself just who or what he happens to be running from.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Krishna Vrishni." My voice is feminine, yet holds a strong note of authority. Unlike my daughter, who often spoke with all the ferocity of a tinkling bell, my voice had a thick layer of steel behind it - one not so easily ignored nor challenged. The voice of a warrior. "Are you seeking to end your travels soon, or does your heart still yearn to wander?"
""

Calm eyes remain focused upon the winged pair, relaxation sinking into my shoulders and easing my thoughts. Dejection could only hold out for so long, for it was fighting a losing battle against curiosity and, frankly, boredom. The despondency that had permeated my demeanor over these past weeks could only last so long against the natural stillness of my personality.

Krishna has at last pulled himself together, and I smirked at his suddenly cavalier attitude, arching my neck and listening curiously to his brief tale. Listen to the boy, his boasting of exploration. Interest piques; what sort of stories might this creature have, I wonder? Is he running, or is he searching? For in my experience, there is a break between the two, a separation of past and present. I long to ask questions, but bite my tongue as his monologue continues. Something shifts in his tone; coupled with the quiet longing for someplace to call home, he is somehow no longer quite so bold.

Loneliness is a demon not easily grappled with.

Attention shifts to Kri as the splattered palomino speaks again, admirable strength in her voice. She too interests me, this leader; the drive for authority always left me wondering. Perhaps I have been too long alone, and this is why I do not understand the protectiveness you could feel for complete strangers, for those who were tied to you merely because they chose to settle within your land. The need to show that strength, always... it holds no appeal for me. Yet Kri seems to carry her mantle of leadership with natural ease. I wonder what has made her so.

Questions are asked, the issue at hand still avoided - where will you settle?. "Or perhaps you will chose both," I add to Kri's vein of inquiry, deep and fluid voice contrasting against her strong, solid tones. "This is a large land, and few areas are restricted. It is easily possible to find both the solid comfort of a herd, without becoming confined." Dark eyes flicker to Kri, hoping I have not contradicted the laws of Dragon's Throat. Despite my strengthened doubt that the Krishna held any desire to reside outside the structure of a herd, he still deserved to be informed.

"If it is company you seek, Krishna, I would offer you the friendship of the Qian - an indiscriminate group bound by mutual respect, rather than physical boundaries." I shake my head, silver mane dancing upon sleek neck, chasing away annoying flies. "L..eader of the Throat, you are one of our allies, unless I am much mistaken?" It is as much of a statement as a question, directed now at the other mare. I hesitate on the first word; something tells me that this pegasus deserves something stronger than Lady. It is out of some respect that I call her by her title, as well as a return of the quite proper - and in my mind, mildly obnoxious, but I am not one for titles - greeting she had offered to me.

Unregistered

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Krishna Vrishni. Are you seeking to end your travels soon, or does your heart still yearn to wander?" Kri, the leader of the Throat, wherever that was, extended her offering with subtle grace and Krishna gave a slight smile. Feathers rustled as his thick tail tossed to the side, snapping at an itch on his flank. He would always wander, it was not a question of quelling the yearning - but he was ready to find a place to return too, with faces he would come to know and appreciate. Loneliness had been his companion, silent and reliable, but he was tired of hearing his solo voice and snippets of memories. And without Vishnu - no, not now.

"Or perhaps you will chose both. This is a large land, and few areas are restricted. It is easily possible to find both the solid comfort of a herd, without becoming confined...If it is company you seek, Krishna, I would offer you the friendship of the Qian - an indiscriminate group bound by mutual respect, rather than physical boundaries. L..eader of the Throat, you are one of our allies unless I am mistaken?" The dark lady glanced at Kri as she spoke, testing her waters, wondering where the boundaries lie as she extended her own offer. Krishna's ears pricked in his surprise. He hadn't realize that a split in his course would be offered up so soon, that decisions would be made upon his first encounter with company again. He felt the urge to paw at the ground but resisted, imagining Vishnu thwapping him with a wing to cease his habit.

He was perplexed by the equine mare's definition of a herd - the concept of being bound by physical boundaries, and for her group the lack there of as a definition of who they were, was odd and something he could not quite reach his wings around. Physical areas were always part of a herd life, but he had never felt those boundaries defined his herd. But you are not from here, this is not like home, like Darshan. And don't be a fool, she speaks of territories - her herd has no territory. Krishna shook his mane and considered them both with bright eyes. It was difficult to pledge himself with two offers, over places and herds he knew nothing about. Krishna shivered, eyes glancing between the two mares as he attempted to get over the jump he was caught in.

May I ask of the Throat and the Qian? As herds, what makes you different? Krishna's baritone's slipped past his muzzle as he shifted his weight to another set of hooves. Knowledge was power, as his brother teased with a honey tenor, and it had proven to be true over the years. Krishna was not a stallion who made his mind up easily, but it was only because he sought to stick to his decisions with conviction. It was not as easy for him as it had been for Vishnu, to know what would be best for himself, or bring him the most of what he sought - hell, he didn't have a clear idea of what he sought compared to his fiery twin. But if choices needed to be made now, he needed to be informed. Lesson three of a tactician. If that's still what you want to be.

Rishima . Kri

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute

I note with pleasure that Rishima's spine finally begins to strengthen. Her presence here is not so ephemeral as she notices the impression left upon Krishna. While she may be eager to give up, this dark mare was very perceptive of those around her. The equine almost instantly notices the interest that piques in the black pegasus, and perks back to life. Her fight in this duel of diplomacy was not yet over. I smile quietly, chin tucking slightly toward my neck to hide the expression.

The words of the mare are like night, dark and slippery. It is hard to tell what her intention is, but I gather she does not think too well of herd life in a defined border. However, knowing that many in the Qian band would grow restless, I figured she too would end up living within one of the herdlands of Helovia. I was just glad that I had made friends with her dark sister Mirage; I would save my family from another battle. Still, the weaving of this mare's words are odd to me. Promising no defined herd when the future is so obviously laid out before her - it was all tactical.

My smile grows.

I remain silent, even as she implies that a herdland restrains a being physically, when I know this not to be the way of the Dragon's Throat. All of my kin leave with ease from our borders, with no hassle from me. Those who receive scrutiny are unwelcomed visitors, namely a certain ice king from the World's Edge. "You are correct, miss," I say to the dark mare at her question. "I have agreed to aid Mirage, since she so valiantly offered her help for my own cause." I offer a friendly smile to the moon-touched mare, nodding to reaffirm my words.

"The Dragon's Throat is a territory to the south of here. The majority of my kin, the pegasus, of Helovia reside within our land, though we do have a few non-winged members as well. As a herd, we strive to maintain a peaceful home to seek out our heart's desires. Every individual is free to come and go, as well as train in any specialty they desire," I say evenly and with confidence. "But most importantly, the Dragon's Throat herd should be looked upon as a family. We are to take care of each other when in need, however possible."
""

I gazed back at Kri, letting her friendly manner and polite words wash through my mind. She smiles at me as though we were friends - not that I am averse to the idea. Lady knows I could use more friends, and the alliance between this leader and my sister did, I suppose, forge some sort of connection between us. I can muster up little more than a faint smile for the painted lady, a gentle curve against an angular facade, although my mind held no hostility, only searching curiosity. What did I find so oddly unnerving about her address? Maybe it was being called miss. I have never taken well to being addressed with formality, especially by somebody whose attitude is so...

Oh. That might explain it. I wanted to laugh as I realized why Kri had not used my name - she did not know it.

Neither of them did. I had missed that part of the conventional conversation, and I had stupidly assumed Kri placed a name upon my figure during Mirage's meeting, the way I had for her. Sadly, it was a common mistake I made - I have been told I posses an uncanny knack for identifying those I have met for minutes. It was a fortunate talent at times, but occasionally made for situations such as this. Krishna had introduced himself twice already; Kri... I had inadvertently introduced her, had I not? Not that I particularly cared if these two knew the name I was given at my birth; I merely cared to be called 'miss' less.

These thoughts flashed through my mind in a moment, quickly pursued by a second thought: why does it even matter? Wryly, I smiled, nearly imperceptible against the smooth darkness of my expression. It did not matter; I was simply trying to kill time while Kri explained her homeland. I had not tuned out her voice, I simply filtered it, letting the facts I knew already pass me by and snatching up new bits of information like a greedy child. I find it interesting that she stressed the freedom of movement granted to those who chose to live within the land; personally, I should have been more surprised, and taken aback, if she had stated the opposite to be true. Was this a way to advertise her land as a contender against the Qian? Had she encountered herds where the members were confined to one place, stripped of the will to wander? The idea repulsed me.

Personally, I was among the few who felt no particular desire to inhabit a herdland. I knew that Mirage grew weary of having no place to call home; with her likelihood to procreate quickly approaching - and oh, wasn't that a worrisome thought? - who could blame her? I knew, of course, some extent of her plans, but they did not particularly affect me. For me, home was wherever I slept on a given night. The comfort of having my family there when I awoke was a perk, but one I had long gone without.

Kri spoke of family, too, of her herd being family. I blink at this, shifting uncomfortably against the idea, shifting my crown so that the long tendrils of ivory that threatened to blockade my sight might shift. Perhaps I was simply too long a nomad, but I could never see those I did not know - and know well - as family. For me, family was Mirage, was Madyrn and Maskan, and was a smattering of others I had met throughout my long life, the few who I felt I knew on more than just a superficial level. Perhaps this added to my lack of fascination with the idea of a herd. Perhaps I was just soulless.

Perhaps you're being melodramatic.

Dark eyes move back to Krishna as Kri's voice fades, and I wonder if I could ever care for this stallion; could call him family, or friend. I wonder if I shall have the chance to find out. "You speak so charmingly of your home, Kri, that I grow tempted to visit it myself." Although I speak in teasing tones, the words hold a grain of truth. I return to Krishna, hoping I can do a somewhat decent job of explaining the Qian to him. "As I have said, the Qian is not defined by any one place; in part because we have no place, although Mirage is... keen, on changing that." A smile accompanies my words, dark tones informative and relaxed. "At this point, however, should you chose to join us, you are more than welcome to take up residence wherever you might choose. The Qian, too, offers family; and the chance to be a part of something..." I falter. To be honest, I have no idea what I am rambling on about, but I cannot let that into my voice. For Mirage, I will end strongly. "Something unique. Companionship, loyalty, and freedom." I lift my head slightly, calm and confident and secretly pleased that I am so tall. Hopefully this will suffice.

[ ooc || This is a rambling trainwreck, I'm sorry xD ]

Belial Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
charks
[ ooc || Bumps? ]