the Rift

Sunfall

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
The empty expanse of silence stretches between us, laying against the warm night air and amplifying every sound of his breath, every crunch of hooves pressing against the earth, and yet somehow I did not notice how unsettling the abrupt emptiness that followed my words should have felt. Or rather, I was aware of the lapse in conversation - I simply chose to ignore it. Faced with the overwhelming chasm of word's lull, I felt some measure of calm appreciation.

Gaze drifted across his form as I awaited some response, staunchly refusing to apologize for the dawning still. Abrupt bolts of color tempered the darkness of his figure, brilliant cerulean and mossy emerald tugging my mind towards memories of crisp mountain lakes, cool water and mild breeze. His wings, the wings furled at his side; they catch my interest more than all the rest. He offers the promise of something new and unknown, this winged beast, something intriguing. I let my mind roam across the coiled muscles of his extra appendages, catching myself wondering what it felt like to fly, how the muscles of his wings worked against those already placed against his forelegs, the anatomy of the creature underneath. I should like to fly, someday.

He speaks, and I dart my eyes back to his face, smiling slightly against the weight of his voice, amused as he clears his throat and starts again. Another sound catches my attention, however; eyes drift across him to the edges of the clearing, curious, before again drawing back as his words pierce my alert ears. "Hm?" is offered, a well-placed stall as I try to collect the question I barely heard. Someone else is here.

"I am on my way to the deep forest, one of the few places outside of the sun's reach. Many of us have gathered there." Our exchange has left me with a pleasant taste in my mouth, a hopeful wonder that leads me to think that I have made the right decision in confronting the stallion. I find it intriguing that he has asked where I am going, rather than where I am from - for in truth, I am from nowhere. Perhaps, today, we can share destinations. Smile more genuine now, my lips make to part once more.

Of course, as was often my luck, the other mare took this moment to enter the scene.

Soft mouth tightened back into a curious line, I arched my neck to catch her approach. More feathers, more wings; this one held some familiarity in her stance. Kri, was it? I recognize the smaller mare by her presence at my sister's meeting, and the way her figure reflected that of a younger creature, Onni. Dark eyes took her in, her approach and the confidence of her gait. My own figure remains still and calm, a hoof cocked and my face blank. Partially frustrated, I was also intrigued by the leader. Her voice rang out, greetings Krishna and myself, to which I returned a nod, and the murmured "Kri." I knew this dance.

She would ask him to come home with her soon, and I would carry on in solitude. We would perhaps encounter one another in the future, but as distant acquaintances. I did not fool myself into thinking that I was charismatic; it was Mirage who could convince complete strangers to trust and follow her, not I. A smile flickers across my face, bittersweet and accepting. Dark eyes are back on Krishna, now; waiting for his reaction to the newcomer, for her to offer shelter and a herd. I would wait for the dance to end, and then make my escape. There was little else for me to do here.

Messages In This Thread
Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-18-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-18-2012, 11:51 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-19-2012, 02:24 AM
RE: Sunfall - by Kri - 07-19-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-20-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-20-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Kri - 07-21-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-21-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Kri - 07-24-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-26-2012, 09:49 PM