the Rift

Sunfall

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Calm eyes remain focused upon the winged pair, relaxation sinking into my shoulders and easing my thoughts. Dejection could only hold out for so long, for it was fighting a losing battle against curiosity and, frankly, boredom. The despondency that had permeated my demeanor over these past weeks could only last so long against the natural stillness of my personality.

Krishna has at last pulled himself together, and I smirked at his suddenly cavalier attitude, arching my neck and listening curiously to his brief tale. Listen to the boy, his boasting of exploration. Interest piques; what sort of stories might this creature have, I wonder? Is he running, or is he searching? For in my experience, there is a break between the two, a separation of past and present. I long to ask questions, but bite my tongue as his monologue continues. Something shifts in his tone; coupled with the quiet longing for someplace to call home, he is somehow no longer quite so bold.

Loneliness is a demon not easily grappled with.

Attention shifts to Kri as the splattered palomino speaks again, admirable strength in her voice. She too interests me, this leader; the drive for authority always left me wondering. Perhaps I have been too long alone, and this is why I do not understand the protectiveness you could feel for complete strangers, for those who were tied to you merely because they chose to settle within your land. The need to show that strength, always... it holds no appeal for me. Yet Kri seems to carry her mantle of leadership with natural ease. I wonder what has made her so.

Questions are asked, the issue at hand still avoided - where will you settle?. "Or perhaps you will chose both," I add to Kri's vein of inquiry, deep and fluid voice contrasting against her strong, solid tones. "This is a large land, and few areas are restricted. It is easily possible to find both the solid comfort of a herd, without becoming confined." Dark eyes flicker to Kri, hoping I have not contradicted the laws of Dragon's Throat. Despite my strengthened doubt that the Krishna held any desire to reside outside the structure of a herd, he still deserved to be informed.

"If it is company you seek, Krishna, I would offer you the friendship of the Qian - an indiscriminate group bound by mutual respect, rather than physical boundaries." I shake my head, silver mane dancing upon sleek neck, chasing away annoying flies. "L..eader of the Throat, you are one of our allies, unless I am much mistaken?" It is as much of a statement as a question, directed now at the other mare. I hesitate on the first word; something tells me that this pegasus deserves something stronger than Lady. It is out of some respect that I call her by her title, as well as a return of the quite proper - and in my mind, mildly obnoxious, but I am not one for titles - greeting she had offered to me.

Messages In This Thread
Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-18-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-18-2012, 11:51 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-19-2012, 02:24 AM
RE: Sunfall - by Kri - 07-19-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-20-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-20-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Kri - 07-21-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-21-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Krishna - 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Kri - 07-24-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Sunfall - by Rishima - 07-26-2012, 09:49 PM