the Rift

[OPEN] A Falling Star

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

"Mother!" I call after her thundering form as she sails past me, obviously in a hurry. I rarely see mother traveling so fast unless someone is in danger. Instantly, fear boils up in my belly and my large limbs take to plunging forward, carrying me after her... well, after a few moments of me standing dumbstruck, of course.

As such, she is much farther ahead than I, though the sound of her hooves are like thunderclaps that I can follow easily along the way, as well as the flash of a white tail which sails in front of me, illuminating the way through the Foothills to whatever destination she was seeking. It was thrilling, this sudden race against time. Were worry not lining the gut of my belly, I might even be excited to see what lay before us. Instead, dread hangs over my head. I am not sure when I started to be more pessimistic about things, but I think it has something to do with the appearance of a crying Cera in my home screaming for me. I would never want to see my family injured, physically or emotionally, and I have a feeling the only ones who can make Ktulu run this fast belong to my family.

Midas or, the even more likely possibility, Ophelia.

Mother comes to an unexpected, screeching halt. In my surprise, I have to slam on my own brakes, hind legs folding unceremoniously behind me as I try ever so hard not to slide right into my mother's backside. Instead, I stop a few inches short and stand, coming to her side and nudging her shoulder gently with my head before looking forward.

I had been prepared for bloodshed, but not for the blood to have formed into an entirely different being.
I am somewhat aware of my jaw hanging open in shock.
I am not aware enough to close it.

So, I have never had the birds and the bees discussion, but, being a rather bright young colt, I have my theories on how new beings come into the world. To my knowledge, it requires two bodies of opposite gender, or, at least, that is what I have observed. Cera often spoke of Midas as a father, and I of Ktulu as my mother. You are supposed to have two parents, and together Cera and I make this possible. However, looking at the tiny figure by Ophelia and back up to my aunt, I am confused. As far as I know, there is no one Ophelia would consider having a child with. Had I missed so much of my aunt's life?

My jaw finally shuts when I realize I am being rude, mainly because of mother's automatic acceptance of this new filly. I look questioningly at her, and then toward the colt who looked about my age. Then I look toward my aunt "Uh," I say, my mouth feeling numb. "Does this mean she is my family?" I ask, looking hopefully at Ophelia's mismatched eyes. Regardless of my confusion around the situation, I would love having more family.

Art by Krazie!</style>

Messages In This Thread
A Falling Star - by Ophelia - 04-26-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Roskuld - 04-26-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Mesec - 04-26-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Ktulu - 04-27-2013, 02:48 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Hototo - 05-06-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Ophelia - 05-11-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Roskuld - 05-12-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Mesec - 05-18-2013, 05:05 AM