the Rift

[OPEN] A Falling Star
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The tension that melted from her heart once her child was safe and on the ground felt like the weight of a mountain being lifted. She realized the burden she had carried, the danger she risked, and she vowed that she would never be in such a precarious position with such responsibility again. That was not a vow against future children, but a vow that she would not be a leader with life in her belly. Perhaps her sentiments were not mirrored, but pregnancy did not sit well on her mind. She turned into a strict, impatient and solitary creature like a wolf with a sour attitude and just as much bite.

Furthermore, knowing that she would not be able to fight to defend her own trapped her in a way she had never felt before, and she hated being tethered. But now, staring at the life the Time God had given her, she held no regrets, only promises for the future. Whatever tricks he had played on her in cruelty were worth this moment to see her slender ribs expand and contract as she took her first breath of crisp, clean air, to see that she was alive.

The cries that escaped her lips troubled Ophelia, and she immediately forced her body to stand despite the slight ache that lingered, her muzzle moving to the child to comfort her and clean the fluids from her body. Phi snorted in amusement as her child shoved her back and licked her own face while she tried to clean off her body, knowing at that moment that she was truly be raising the Time God's baby with all of his defiance and temper. She did not mind.

When her child began to wriggle and attempt to stand at her side, she helped by offering her own body as a balance. Every now and then she would push her muzzle nearby as a quick way to reorient her long and spindly legs without toppling completely. But soon enough and in her own way, she stood, and Ophelia quietly watched, a smile of pride crossed her lips. Mesec approached, and she turned her strange, two toned gaze upward, smiling warmly at the boy.

With a gentle nod of her head, she invited him over, considering him to be hers as well. Ophelia found the boy, lost and unwanted in the cold, and it did not matter that he was not raised from her body; he was hers, and she would love him all the same. "Thank you, Mesec," she murmured with a smile. "This is your sister, Roskuld." Then, she dipped her muzzle to her child, nodding to the black boy. "And Roskuld, he is your brother, Mesec." Ophelia was not one to treat her child like a child. She would not insult the filly's intelligence in that way. Instead, she would treat her as an adult, a friend, and a confidant, introducing her in the same way she would introduce two acquaintances.

Ktulu approached soon and she smiled happily at her sister. "Ah, yes, Roskuld. Your aunt Ktulu is my sister, and we are very close. If you need help, and you cannot find me, my sister is the one to ask." Were those words meaningless to her at this time? Could she comprehend the language? Ophelia had been born a strange child with an eidetic memory. So, she remembered everything, able to understand the words her parents told her even before she had fully grasped words. Was Roskuld this way? Or had the Time God protected her from this mind, this curse? She prayed that he did; the child would already have a full future being the daughter of a god.

Hototo's two toned eyes meet hers as she watched the boy nearly tumble into her mother, the two having raced to get here. Ophelia was glad that she had birthed Roskuld on her own. She loved Ktulu, and it was love that drove her a solitary place. Ophelia nodded to Ktulu's son. "Mhm, she is your family. This is your cousin, Roskuld. Have you met Mesec? He is your brother as well. Together we have a full and wonderful family. I expect you two boys to be honorable gentleman and look out for your family, yes?" she said, her gaze dancing between Mesec and Hototo with a serious smile on her lips.

Tinek landed a moment later, close to Hototo and the scaled creature wanted to rub his head across the boy's leg, looking at the alien four legged midget thing his bond-mate had shoved out of her body. He was still a child too, and the entire process of birthing just seemed... horrifying. Still, he was curious, and the dragon child trotted close to the filly, crimson eyes staring up into hers with lips filled with teeth into a smile. Well, one thing was nice. She was shorter than the rest of these massive four legged beasts, and he liked not feeling as delicate as a bird.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
A Falling Star - by Ophelia - 04-26-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Roskuld - 04-26-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Mesec - 04-26-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Ktulu - 04-27-2013, 02:48 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Hototo - 05-06-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Ophelia - 05-11-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Roskuld - 05-12-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: A Falling Star - by Mesec - 05-18-2013, 05:05 AM