the Rift

[PRIVATE] we were tall as trees.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

I thought I had made a clean reentry, until, of course, the resounding voice of my mother snaps across the meadow and my head jerks up and around. I attempt to look as innocent as possible, but the startle she had caused me nearly made me jump out of my skin, and it is no small wonder if she would know that I had been up to something. Mother is smarter than me, to be certain, and she is not fooled easily. I smile warmly at her before bounding over to her side, however. No matter how guilty I am, I still love her. Maybe one day I will out grow the need to run to her side whenever I am back from one of my adventures, but it will not be this day.

I race forward, cutting over the small grass to find myself skidding to a halt and turning on my growing limbs. My horned head leans in to nudge the small of her neck, a bright smile on my face. "Mother!" I said, blithely ignoring her question for a moment as I look to her with warm bicolored eyes. The stern look of her crimson orbs was caused by me, though, and I know it to be well. I look down at the small bear with a regretful face, nudging his head gently as well. "Sorry, Bear," I say, my voice sorrowful and small in his ears. "Next time, I will take you." Slowly, I begin to turn my head back to face mother, a smile plastered on my lips as I stride forward a little bit, swerving around to look her in the eye before lowering my head.

My lips close to the ground I begin to mumble, my resolve to lie to her disappearing as soon as I would actually have to utter the words. "I may have..." I begin, eyes glancing up at her, before quickly darting back down. "...gone to the Throat." I then look back up at her, peering from behind lashes of white with a silent plea for mercy. I hope she would not be too angry, but mother rarely got angry with me. I choose to avoid lying, and I must say that I am proud of myself for doing so. Perhaps, this is only because I am too much of a coward to lie to my mother, or maybe it is because I love her too much to try to deceive her.

"I wanted to see Midas and Cera," I say, my voice still small but not as mumbled as before.
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
we were tall as trees. - by Hototo - 04-27-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: we were tall as trees. - by Ktulu - 04-27-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: we were tall as trees. - by Hototo - 05-06-2013, 12:35 PM
RE: we were tall as trees. - by Ktulu - 05-08-2013, 06:34 PM