the Rift

[OPEN] Yeah, This Dream Keeps Us Together [Manami, Open]

Manami Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Manami

After spending even the few short minutes on earth, Manami was elated to return to the sky and her overall mood improved several notches as her great black wings stroked the air in long, luxurious sweeps. The chill air of the high altitudes brushed back her forelock so that she could see for miles around her with an uninterrupted view. Perhaps Helovia wasn't as bad as its first impression was. From time to time Africa would turn her head and direct a warm smile towards her and finding her humour improved in flight Nami returned it with a little more warmth than she normally held for new strangers made friends.

Following the gray and black toned mare the ebony fae allowed herself to look down at the landscape so as to further familiarize herself with what was to be her new home. For quite some time there was nothing but trees similar to those in the threshold and she soon tired of them, but her attention was recaptured by the sight of a meadow full of patches of what looked like small purple flowers. Restraining the urge to fold her wings into a dive and rocket down to start cooing over the plants Nami fixed her warm brown eyes on the horizon while her body quivered with the want to go and snuggle with the thistles in much the same manner as one might snuggle with a puppy.

It was a battle hard won when the meadow died down into a dark molten red of what looked to be the birthplace of Helovia and Manami followed Africa's lead when the mare angled west to avoid a towering pillar of smoke that spiraled up from the flames below. And then there was sand. Lots and lots of sand. Figuring correctly that they had reached the edges of the desert that was Dragon's Throat the femme peered curiously down at her new home. Her first impression was of the almost complete lack of moisture which made her almost inexpressibly happy as that meant that it hardly ever, if at all, rained. She hated rain with a firey passion but concern fell on her face as she thought of the many plants that she wished to grow. Would they survive in such an inhospitable place as this? Worry, the first true expression that she had shown since meeting Africa, climbed onto her face as she bit down on her lip. How ironic it was that this occasionally cold mare could be completely undone by the coming woe's of a bunch of plants.

This worry was instantly put aside as Manami came to the heart of the Throat. Vibrant colors assailed her eyes as they clustered around the sapphire blue water of the oasis. As soon as Nami's charcoal hooves touched the ground she zeroed in on a mid sized plant with dusty purple flowers. Closing her eyes she stuck her muzzle near the bell like blossoms and inhaled deeply of their delicate scent. Nickering softly she brushed her nares across them and would have proceed examining every single plant within her reach if not for the congenial tones of Africa. “Welcome home, sister.” Smiling with happiness that dropped all of her previous politeness. "Thank you Africa. Although I had my doubts I do believe that I will be quite happy here." Casting her gaze wistfully towards the florets she ripped her eyes willfully away. She would have plenty of time to study them later, right now would be better spent getting better acquainted not only with the landscape, but also her new herd-sister. "Perhaps you would be so kind as to give me the grand tour? I would love to see more of the Throat." Twitching her feathery tail Manami waited patiently for Africa's response.

[ooc: Sorry for the wait! Here she is and I think she's going to love the Throat and possibly start drooling over cacti... xD]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yeah, This Dream Keeps Us Together [Manami, Open] - by Manami - 04-28-2013, 08:47 PM