the Rift

[PRIVATE] Birds With Broken Wings :: Hototo, Others Later

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO

our hearts beat in time with the earth.

Hototo! the sound rattles in my ears as I jerk my head up. Bear as well lifts his sights to meet mine, and my brow furrows instantly in surprise and fear. Who would be calling for me? It was not the voice of my mother, but one I knew well. In the panic and horridly screeching volume of the bellow, I am at a loss, just that I know this voice. I need you! Without thought or reason, my legs and hovoes scramble to action, Bear following behind me in a racing lope. The distance grows between us, for my legs are longer than they once were. I continue to grow, and I leave Bear behind in speed, but I think my dear friend will excuse me this one time.

The only thing that matters at this moment: answering the call.

Weaving between trees, stumbling over limbs, being slashed by low hanging branches - I am unaware in my state of worry. There is a nagging in the back of my skull. I know this voice, I know it, but I hope I am mistaken. Leaping over fallen trunks and sliding nearly into giant stumps, but somehow clearing the lining of trees to get to the area from which heartbroken sobs originate. My hooves come to a skidding halt, amid the same place limbs had fallen just minutes before, the earth regrowing itself in my presence instead of being torn away, however. I am the son of the Earth, though even now, I do not know it. The stitched and healed fibers of grass go unattended as my dual colored eyes fixate on the figure I knew well.

Slowly, like approaching a corpse, I walk over toward Cera and drop upon my knees, lowering my crowned head down toward the tear stained face of my brother. I try to nudge him gently with my muzzle, confused and uncertain as to what would cause him such an outburst. Extending my large feathered wing, I attempt to cover his sweat-soaked body in a sort of rough embrace, settling down to lay beside him on the soft loam. "Cera," I say, my voice quiet but calm. "What happened?" Why are you crying? I think, even as Bear manages to catch up and joins me, looking sorrowfully at the young boy. Did something happen to Midas? I think suddenly, afraid. What would mother do if that was the case?

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Birds With Broken Wings :: Hototo, Others Later - by Hototo - 05-06-2013, 01:24 PM