the Rift

[OPEN] You May Have This Dance. [[Acceptance]]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

Prometheus & Pyr</style>

My dislike for this mare grows stronger with each second. She is being far too rude for my taste. Having been a wretched soul for my time on this earth, I am aware of the skill it takes to craft words so that they might bite, and I have felt the sting of a reciprocated insult more times than I might count. Her words, however, are like that of a disorganized filly's; it seems to me as if she puts them together only so that she might have something equally unkind to say to me when I speak down to her. Then again, I have always been a harsh judge. Your somewhat scolding purr reminds me of this; I am not surprised to hear you easing me into a kinder state of mind.

You are the brains of this operation, I remind myself with a slight smirk. Despite our appearances, it is your calm that quenches my uncontrollable flame. Without you, my fire would spread to strike down so many that I have met and since run from. I have made a habit of never staying long, for I leave enemies in my wake. This is, however, to be my chance, our chance for a fresh start. I swallow my tongue for your sake. I could care less for myself, but I refuse to ruin your chances of a home with my temper once more.

So though they itch beneath the flesh, my wings remain tight under the stretched, healthy skin. I stand tall and proud before the foolish mare, watching with satisfaction as my magic ripples across my features and quiets her at last. Is she shocked by my handsome appearance, or by my hidden age? Perhaps my sudden shedding of pallor for vitality alone has taken her aback. My neck arches, my tail whips, and my horn brandishes impressively, catching the remaining, painted twilight. "I'm no more a child than you, mare," I comment in deep, rich tones that resonate within my chest and sound like echoes in my own ears. "Please understand that if I weren't so intent on gaining a place here, I would leave. I enjoy your company no more than you enjoy mine, but not everyone is bound to get along in a world like this," I go on, my white, seemingly blinded eyes scanning over her. You urge me to go on in such a manner, reconciling the mess that I've made of the situation.

It was she who started it.
Yet it was you who carried it on.

Once more your words put me in my place, and so I step back, over the line of the border and further from the peevish mare. Just as her foolish and final insult strike my ears, threatening my tenuous grip on patience, the strident figure of Mauja appears from the depths of the Basin. I let a delicious sort of smirk cross my features, and listen intently as his voice is carried towards us across the icy expanse. It seems he has not made the connection between this form and the colt he met in the spectral marsh all those seasons ago. What fun this will be.

"Tut tut, Snowspot," I call back in a light and almost mocking whinny. "It is rude to make strangers of old victims, is it not? After all, I still bear your mark- and so close to my heart!" I remind him of this glibly, letting my magic shimmer and fade to briefly reveal the hole in my chest where his magic once pierced my rotting heart; my teeth chatter slightly at the memory, my eyes grow wild with the apathetic thrill of our past meeting. I recall the madness of my mind then, notice, as if from an outside view, how much I have changed. How much tamer I seem of mind, how much gentler of heart.

Before you found me.
You've changed me much, brother.

Our exchange is brief but strangely poignant. I push through it and its emotional implications, but I do not let myself close off from the sensation entirely. I've grown accustomed to the warmth that comes from our conversations, and understand the dire consequences of closing myself off from our bond. I have promised myself to never hurt you in such a way again.

I can sense the Snowspot's unease at your flame, and at my request it fades away. "We have come to find our place among you and your kin once more, if we are welcome. Your queen once offered me a home in turn for her rescue from the false Sultana's deserts, but your rather... expedient warriors got to her first." I clarify, exhaling stiffly at the memory of such a foul era and Kri's iron hoof, turning my gaze from the other mare to focus on Mauja as I speak. As far as I am concerned, she has become quickly obsolete in the presence of the Basin's very own king.

Still, I shan't forget her insolent temper anytime soon.

[He has a complete absence of any smell, it's actually sort of unnerving. I'll make sure to add it to his profile.]

Credits
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
RE: You May Have This Dance. [[Acceptance]] - by Zdravilo - 04-28-2013, 09:56 AM
RE: You May Have This Dance. [[Acceptance]] - by Zdravilo - 05-13-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: You May Have This Dance. [[Acceptance]] - by Prometheus - 05-19-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: You May Have This Dance. [[Acceptance]] - by Zdravilo - 05-24-2013, 09:40 PM