the Rift

[OPEN] Lazy circles

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

It is but hardly moments after the meeting has adjourned- at least it feels like it- but already trivial problems have begun once more, right when we need unity and trust in ourselves and each other. The wind is brisk and light, a playful little thing to me, and I quite enjoy its fingers ruffling my feathers. My mane and tail swirl and twist in the breeze, and no doubt when I land it will simply be a bird's nest of tangles and knots, but I cannot quite bring myself to care at this moment when the day is so enjoyable, even with the grievous news I have heard of from Sultana.

I wondered where Cassiopeia is, the beautiful Star Breather. Perhaps she was just... too upset after Azzuen's death, and so she had needed a break. Maybe she didn't even realize what had happened. Was she hurt? So long ago she had broken her wing. Had it happened again? Could she not return, was she trapped elsewhere? It worried me slightly. Surely Kri well knew of it... I didn't want to make a mistake and keep it from her. No, I will ask her about it. Maybe I am just out of the loop. I would not be too surprised, after all, if I had been neglected from gossip. Somehow I doubt it would be on purpose- horses just seemed to forget about me, even if I was lucky enough to be promoted to Sergeant.

But my attention is pulled downwards to the land before, to the vague familiar form of Levi. I had been here since the Tuuli had first invaded and held home in the Throat, but by no means did that mean I didn't respect newcomers any more than I held respect for other "old-timers". But Levi seemed to be a different matter. Soon after being promoted, he had disappeared without notice, without a word to us, and I couldn't help but feel disheartened by the thought this stallion could flee so easily from no enemies. Surely he had a good reason for it, but if Kri had accepted him back, I had no reason to ask anything of him. I know the Sultana- both of them- would not have allowed him home unless confident he was loyal.

I do hate to say it, but the other two sergeants aren't exactly level-headed, either. Aryel was hot-headed, and Levi no less. They would be the most perfect couple. I am the one who pays attention to the small details, and I am meticulous in that manner. Never will I rush into bad ideas, I tell myself, and with the slightest of sighs I tip downwards.

Why? Levi was not alone on this beautiful day. A black mare I recognized from the meeting, as well as a newcomer to the Throat, stood alongside him, and I had a feeling Levi was doing something silly. My descent is quick and so I land a little heavier and less gracefully than normal, right in time to hear Levi query of the two. Never would I be so rude as to roll my eyes, but I wrinkle my muzzle and shake it briskly. "Levi," I say softly, my eyes lifted up to his. I am soft-spoken, and there are no hard edges in my voice, but in my eyes there is the smallest twinge of annoyance. "In case you were not listening during the meeting, the lady Rishima is welcome from the Edge. And in case your nose is not working, Sinuhe is part of our herd." I smile slightly to gentle the words further. "I doubt Kri would be happy to see you stopping her visitors and asking information. I'm going to head off on patrol now, thank you." I dip my head politely towards the black mare and Sinuhe, and take off with a great downstroke of my wings, rising upwards.

[[ and I'm out! <3

Brush Credits!
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Lazy circles - by Rishima - 04-28-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: Lazy circles - by Sinuhe - 04-28-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: Lazy circles - by Levi - 04-28-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Lazy circles - by Andromeda - 04-28-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Lazy circles - by Kaj - 05-10-2013, 03:03 AM
RE: Lazy circles - by Rishima - 05-11-2013, 12:47 AM