the Rift

[PRIVATE] let's talk, shall we? [gaucho]

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The Scourge
And it is, I, Zdravilo.

Waves crashed in front of her; the white foam bringing itself up and around her delicate hooves in the sinking sand. Her long, ivory mane wrapping itself around her neck as the wind toyed with it was a sight for sore eyes, but she didn't know it. She knew she was not a rude horse, but never did she acknowledge anything about beauty. She was always sweet and kind, and it matched her bright and happy coat. Her golden body splashed with white fibers toke in the high moon, the craters so perfectly visible on the full moon. She loved the sun and was sad to see it setting once again. The night was friendly too, it had many happy thoughts also. What she longed more for that happiness was to be that of the unicorns. She loved their long lion tails, cleft hooves and majestic looking horns. Was she racist? She was scared, and lost. The mare stopped and looked around now.

Zdravilo was a ruggedly pretty mare, she was gold and white. She was overly feminine looking, and extremely elegant. She had the athletic lines tracing far far back, but she also had the masculine lines far back. She had not one scar tainting her body. Yet, the lack of scars were proof of the lack of battle she has. Her hooves were a light tone of beige. Frosted mane and tail, two-toned eyes, no feathering. Zdravilo was unique and special. Yet something festered in her. She felt it, deep down. It was spreading over her, and had been coming since she arrived here in Helovia. She didn't know where it had come from, but she was fairly certain it wouldn't leave as easily as it had come. It grew inside her like a baby, and she felt it weighing her down. Go away, she willed. Please... Sorrow billowed up inside her alongside the awful restlessness, and it hurt. She hurt all over, and it was this hurt that had sent her on her journey to the shoreline. She'd always loved this place. The sounds of the waves lulled her as the wind braided her hair haphazardly. The feeling was so easily described as racism. A small smile played at her lips, the corners rising to for a soft crescent. The moon watched down on her giving her a sense of security. Zdravilo wanted to think. No, she needed to think. It was clear where this all was headed, and she wasn't sure if she'd be able to stop it.

"blah blah blah."

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

Gaucho, had never ventured to the Endless Blue before - he never had a reason to. And yet the great God of the Sun had gifted him a task - to spread the word of the Fire Lord to one and all. For a creature like Gaucho, you must realize, that this was a nearly insurmountable task. While many inhabitants of Helovia thought the massive bay to be slow of wit and stupid, this was actually quite far from the truth. Behind the primitive warrior's blue-gray gaze, an instinctive and complicated mind was at work - it is simply the case, that his mind does not work quite like yours does. And so, many leave Gaucho to his duties of defending the Throat, for that is what he was clearly made to do.

On this day however, as his patrol had ended early, Gaucho flies west, towards the setting sun. His dark body is outlined against the horizon, as he veers towards the water. He can see his reflection on it's surface, as he flies along the coast, and he is amused by this. Comforted, to know that he is not alone, for the face of his father, and his fathers fathers, are watching over him - you can see them, just below the waves. Gaucho knows that when our bodies no longer draw in air, that they are sent back into the heavens, and the Earth, but that apart of us stays - held captive - within the soils on which we walked.

While the eloquence of this was lost on Gaucho, he still understood but could not communicate these thoughts, much less those of the Sun God. Raising his steely gaze, he spied a shape, lit by the blooming moon, standing on the shorelines. Tossing his antlered brow, Gaucho dipped lower, skimming the waters now, as he bridged the distance between the two. Eyes narrowed, he took in her lithe and slender shape as he landed a few feet down the beach - beating his massive black wings to slow his descent, and gently place himself on the sands.

Grunting, the primitively-marked stallion moves towards her - eying her antlers with interest. They are so like his own...and he wonders if hers are magically affixed to her brow, or if she is indeed a unicorn. Halting a few feet away, Gaucho folds his large wings to his flanks, his nose twitching as he inhales her scent, which likewise causes the bone piercing his nose to dance a bit. She is not of the Throat...that much is clear, but on neutral grounds, her affiliation to other herds is not on top of mind. "I Gaucho." He offers, for he has learned that it is customary and polite even, to introduce yourself. His voice is rich and resonant as he speaks, yet it is apparent that he isn't used to speaking, or at least not in long sentences.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Unregistered

The Scourge
And it is, I, Zdravilo.

Not long had it been before her attention was raped away from the drawing scene. She hasn't seen the stallion flying, and she didn't see him land. She heard his wings flap closed, and tucked away neatly. Flicked her cranium, she was slightly surprised at what she saw... and then he spoke. Her head cocked at the side as his voice came in. It was primal and rough. "I Gaucho." She couldn't help, but let the corners of her lips curl into a soft elegant smile.

She admired the stud's gruff and tough beauty. Primal, like an uncut version of a diamond. His coat was that of a light earthen tone, with long ebony locks that had knots, and a slight frizz. Zdravilo was glad that this wasn't a perfect horse, as she often hated those one of perfection in every essence. He had two ebonite wings that matched his mane and tail. His hooves were a shade of beige, and they were solid and round. He had brindling on his legs that melted easily into the black points that most bays had. His eyes were a daunting blue, but held no vibrancy. They reminded the splashed mare of storm clouds... dangerous and dramatic. He had two horns in slight resemblance to her's. They came from his forhead and grew into deer antlers. What drew her to lull about his horns was the dream catcher that so comfortably fit between them.

She turned her body around to face the steed. Letting the smile fade for a moment she reaches out her muzzle to him for a moment before retreating. "Guacho." She smiles and respectively nods her head. "I'm Zdravilo. Nice to meet you Gaucho. Where do you come from?" She tossed her head for a moment. Friskier than usual, but not crazily. Her finely chiseled head fixed itself at a light arch. Her frosted mane draping over her neck like the finest cloth. Her recurring smile came back. She was happy, but when was she not? Her audits faced him as she tried to catch what he would say next. It may not be much what he'd say, but at least it'd be something, right?

The shore protested their conversation as drops of water from the crashing waves were flung at the. Zdravilo eyed the water carefully for a moment before looking back to Gaucho. Zdravilo wondered what it was like to fly, oh the feeling must be marvelous. She'd never had the wind whipping her face, nor had she had the thrill of having wings. The closest she'd ever gotten was galloping on an open plain. Her hooves had made the ground shudder as her hooves kicked mini tornadoes of dry sand into the air. That, of course, had ended when her luck had dried out and she face planted into the fibers of grass.

"blah blah blah."

Ascended Helovian

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

As she speaks her name, Gaucho huffs as if frustrated. Nearly every mare and stallion he had encountered within Helovia, had been named something complicated and entirely too difficult for him to pronounce. Already several summers old, one would think the primal steed would have gotten used to enunciating and speaking clearly. As no one had ever really taken the time to teach him, Gaucho has merely done the best he could with what he had, picking up bits and pieces of grammar and pronunciation here and there - but nothing too extravagant. "Draaah-vi-low" he mimicked, sounding out her name, but repeating it in a way which made it sound awkward and bulky. Shaking his large head, the bay grunted, exhaling sharply. Her question however, he could easily answer, and the frustration on his dark features seemed to melt away as he spoke of the Throat. "Gaucho from Dragon-sss-Throat. Throat good." Concluding with a definite bob of his head.

As a wave slammed into the shore, showing them both with salty spray, Gaucho stood stoically as the water dripped down his dark wings. He seemed not to have even noticed - or if he did, he didn't appear to mind. Even though the waters were dark and slightly ominous looking in the moonlight, Gaucho stepped away from Zdravilo, entering the salty brine with little hesitation as the chilly waters encompassed his dark legs. With an ungraceful thwack, his wings dropped to the water, hitting them with a hollow sound as his feathers spread out across the surface. Lowering his muzzle, he sniffed the water for a moment, before deciding that the salty liquid was probably not the best for drinking. Realizing the silence that had descended upon them, Gaucho frowned, looking at Zdravilo as if he had forgotten something. "Where is .... Drah-vih-low from?" He asked tentativley, pausing before having to pronounce her name again.

Image Credits

Unregistered

The Scourge
And it is, I, Zdravilo.

She giggled slightly when he spoke. He was a caveman, but was severely out of place. "Gaucho from Dragon-sss-Throat. Throat good." I listened for a moment. He spoke with clarity, though the actual sentence was choppy. I watch for a moment, as he concludes his sentence by turning and walking into the water. I cocked an eyebrow. Well he could do that if he wanted, but if I went in I wasn't going to stand in the shallows like a kid. I knew that water was freezing and in the darkness of night, who knows what lives in the bowels, but has gotten stranded on shore. I wanted to take a chance though, so I did.

I turned away from Gaucho, and answered him as I did. "Vilo from Basin." I continued walking a little farther. My arse spinning around me as I face the water again. The water was only 10 or so feet away, but it was enough. I shot the boy a smile as I stood facing the ocean and him. Arching my neck, I let a playful snort into the breezy air. I looked around silent for a moment. Only the ocean's waves made sounds. It was the calm before the storm. I was the storm. I tossed my head for a moment.

Then I took off at a gallop. The shore came much quicker than expected, but I didn't mind. Once I hit the water with hooves, I felt enlightened. Droplets of water soaring through the air. Gaucho would be soaked, but I want sure if he was still standing there. I leaned back on my haunches and in a spilt second I am propelled through the air. All the strength I had went into that jump. It paid off. I was soaring. Closing my eyes, everything seemed to go slow motion. I felt the wind dancing across my fibers and through my white mane and tail. I couldn't stay up forever though, and I knew that, but it'd be cool if I could. I keep my eyes closed, yet I let my front hooves extend forward. I came down quickly, and my front hooves pierced the top of the water. I took a breath in, just let my body dive into the water. I definitely went into the water.

I was submerged, but by all means not drowning. It was unusual for my not to breath. Or at least for me to hold my breath. I needed air! Quickly, I swam to shore. My antlers breaching the surface, then my muzzle and head. I gasped for air. My nostrils quivering as the let the salty scent in. I was swimming!

"blah blah blah."

Ascended Helovian

Basin .... He knew of them. What had they been called? Ray-sists?. He hadn't entirely understood the word at the time, only the negative connotation that accompanied it. His ears moved back slightly as he tried to remember what Kri had said. Still, they were on neutral ground here, and unless she did something threatening, he couldn't see any reason why her affiliation, or being a ray-sist would matter.

Snorting, he watched her gallop towards the oceans frosty waters, before leaping into the air. For a moment, it was as if she could fly, and in response, Gaucho's own wings moved slightly in the water, as if he could keep her air-born. As her body dipped low towards the water, he snorted, turning his antlered brow away as frigid droplets splattered all around him. Tossing his dark forelock from his eyes, and shaking like a great dog to rid himself of water, he turned back to the mare with an incomprehensible grunt.

"Flying is good" He advised, moving his large black wings in the water to emphasize his point. Gaucho had never really given it much thought - the fact that he could fly or that others couldn't. Yet as her body's prolonged glide had come to an end, he found himself wondering, in his own simple way, if creatures without wings, were jealous of those with.

Image Credits

Unregistered

The Scourge
And it is, I, Zdravilo.

Gaucho was a sweet stallion, but was a warrior. She wasn't sure if he even felt emotions as she did. Though he could become a friend in the future. She just worried that she'd say something and he'd be confused and angry. Was his mind so slow he couldn't even talk properly? She tried using grammar, but she may have confused him. Why had no one tried to teach the stallion proper language and word use?

"Indeed it is, my friend. I however do not have wings." Slowly my body swam towards where Gaucho was. A large teeth smile lay glazed on my maw, frozen. Turning my body so we were most probably parallel, I glance at my spine. Yes, as you guessed, no wings. At first I kind of wanted wing attachments that were charmed so I could fly, but it would've been strange. I could always go to a crafter of sorts and ask them to make them, then go to the gods and ask them to charm them.

Droplets of water cling onto my mane and tail as I then pass Gaucho. Walking towards the shore I shake my femininely dished head. "So, Gaucho, shouldn't you be asleep, perhaps?" I shot another subtle smile at him once my other faded. I don't know, but I was in a good mood right then and there.

I was still becoming racist, and the monster inside of me was coming out. I didn't hate Pegasus and equine, but I think it was are time to shine. The bay warrior in the basin was much like Gaucho, yet oddly different. Well, they were both warriors, pleasant to look at, and approachable. Sadly, Descaro was racist.

"blah blah blah."