the Rift

A Call Of Insanity [OPEN]

Jinx Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Maniacal laughter filled the surrounding as Jinx stepped into the threshold of Helovia. The tall black stallion of merely 3 years old already stood at 17 hands. His body slim and slightly to skinny, his ribs sticking out to show is malnourished self. Voices filled his head, telling him things that he did not quite understand. He was normal right? He wasn't crazy.

The sky was dark and the air shallow. The male could see his breath shooting out from him nostrils as they flared with each breath he took. The trees shot out from the ground and looked down upon him. They swayed in the wind sticking out their lone branches, luring him in deeper, calling his name. They spoke to him, reassuring him of what lied inside the depths of the new land he had come to embark.

A lone foal lied on the ground, its face buried into the grass, decaying flesh slowly being peeled off by the fellow scavengers. The ebony male with striking neon markings walked up to the poor soul and collapsed on the ground next to it, laying his large heavy head on its side. "Its ok little fellow, you are no longer alone, Jinx will be your friend. Would you like Jinx to accompany you? Jinx would quite enjoy himself" He said to the dead foal. He breathed in the smell of the decaying body, sending shivers down his spine, what a comforting sense it brought to the young stallion.

[Recycled post from his first threshold post]

Lusana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Lusana............
..quote here
A chocolate body slipped out of the shadows. Blue-silver eyes observed the wilting greenery. Storm black tail whisked to and fro. Lusana breathed into the crisp air. It had been just after a storm, and for now the fresh breeze carried some coolness to the hot mare. She sighed, content to just stand in the shade. Not long ago, she recalled, she herself had been here, a stranger in this land, lonely and aching for a home. Now she was a part of the Dragon's throat herd, with friends, and a pupil ready to study. 

Her orbs scanned the surroundings, looking for some company. Was there any horses in this threshold now, just as she had been two seasons before? Perhaps they were just as afraid and confused as she was when she first arrived. Lusana locked her gaze on two horse like mounds in the grass. One was barely breathing, while the other appeared dead and unmoving. She strolled over, curious but cautious. 

Horses they were and one was alive, too. The other was a lone colt, dead, decaying in the sun. Strange for an alive beast to lie beside a dead one, but Lusana felt that she should leave the matter alone. Softly, she nudged the stallion "Sir?" she ventured. "are you feeling O.K.? Would you like some help?"she remained tensed as she waited for a reply, a sign, anything that would indicate to her that this beast is fine. Perhaps she was just not familiar with the way the place the stallion comes from does things. Maybe they all feel kinship to the dead. She still hesataited, hovering above the strange pair. 
image credits
table by whit

Jinx Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Jinx sighed as he heard the small voice of the poor creature who resided beneath him. It was a shy, saddened colt. He spoke to Jinx utter sorrow filled in its voice. I... I don't know whats wrong with me! Why don't I get up? Jinx rubbed his head slightly on the decaying colt that lay beneath him. "Now now, its ok. Don't be afraid. Jinx is here to comfort and guide" his words were kind and pure, and semi unknowing.

His head jolted up as he turned to look at a mare standing over him. Her nose reaching down and touching his shoulder. Jinx pushed himself into the nudge ever so slightly enjoying her touch. His long scrawny legs lifted the bony creature to his feet. Rib bones moving as he took each breath. He looked down at the colt again.

"Yes, Jinx is fine. Jinx was just trying to comfort his new friend here" He said motioning towards the dead foal. "New friend was scared and needed Jinx" The poor stallion said. He knew no better that the foal was alive nor dead. To him, it was alive, and perfectly normal for him to be talking to it. And of course then there was the way he talked, referring to himself as Jinx instead of I. It was quite an abnormal way of speaking but it suited the insane creature.

The stallion may be slightly insane, but he means no harm.

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo
I'VE WALKED A MILLION MILES FOR YOU, BUT I'M STILL ALONE

Neon horses don't tend to be hard to spot, unless your blind of course.

I thought that I needed to start getting more involved to help out with the throat so I had eagerly came down, all the way back to where I myself had started, to help recruit to build our numbers. I knew that we were already quiet a big herd but I also new that the stronger we were in members, the more powerful herd we could be. It didn't bother me that I had worked up a bit of a sweat in coming here. It had been a pleasant journey and I had quiet enjoyed the company of myself.

I slowed down when I reached the Threshold so that I could call of. It was growing dark and the air seemed light and shallow. It was a strange feeling. It was worse though when the stench of a rotting foal drifted past my nose, along with two other scents. A mother and father perhaps, weeping over the loss of there foal? I felt like I needed to go over there, just in case.

So I did. First I noticed a spotted mare, with powerful wings. Then a bright neon stallion with vivid markings. Next the foal that was crumpled over enter my sight, making my cringe inside with pity, but there was no way it was there foal, it looked nothing like him. I put on a warm, but serious smile, halting next to them then looking pityfully on the foal. "Life. It is a cruel thing." I say quietly.

Neither of them gave a name although the stallion was talking in third person, calling himself Jinx. I smile warmly at the mare first, then Jinx, realising he was trying to comfort the dead foal. Inside my pity turns onto him. What is wrong with him? I d not show signs of my concern on the outside though. "Greetings to both of you. I am Sinuhe, and I believe you are Jinx, am I right? And who are you may I ask?" The smell of the Throat clung to her. She must be part of the herd.

OOC: Sorry I don't have enough time to spell/grammer check so it may be a bit poop in that way but I will do it tommorow!

SINUHE
IMAGE CREDITS