the Rift

[OPEN] Cantoluna || Open

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

Despite the crashing of the waves far below me, the thrumming of approaching hooves was not lost to my ears. Had it been anywhere else in the land, I might have been quick to whirl on my hocks and face a possible enemy, but the footfalls did not suggest that they came from a foe. After all, this was the World's Edge, and nobody could slip so far past our borders without being noticed.

Craning my neck, my breath was nearly stolen away at the sheer size of my new-found company. In all my days, I had not seen one attain such a height. At his sides were a set of equally massive, leathery wings, much akin to the few dragons I had seen in my time here in Helovia. Behind him trailed a thick, dragon-esque tail, something I again had never seen before. Scales embedded themselves into a copper colored coat, and bony spines that lined his back. Mentally, I shuddered at the thought of what a great opponent this stallion must be in battle. Though, I suppose I have no right to guess rank; it is not my place, not when I barely know him.

I knew him only as Vikram, mated to the great Weyrleader herself. It hadn't been long since my last meeting with her at these very cliffs, and as I recalled the two slumbering fillies not far from the dark mare, it was simple to see just where they had gotten their scales from.

"And to you, Vikram," I speak up, dipping my head in way of greeting. Just as I go to say more, however, my breath hitches as I keep my words held back, and watch quietly as the towering stallion drops his head to the egg I so feverishly protected. It was not that I was worried Vikram would suddenly lift a hoof and put an end to the egg, but simply that I cared very much for the unhatched creature living beyond the thick shell. Suddenly, anxiety welled within my chest; was there something wrong with the egg? Had I caused the youngster inside harm, or not taken good enough care of it? Something Vikram could sense, but not me? With worry I watched the bronze hybrid, and just as I was about to ask if something might indeed be wrong, I was once again cut off.

A breath of relief was given when I took in the expression of my comrade, but what he had said suddenly clicked in my head, and I surely looked a fool as I mulled over his words. 'Brethren...?' For a moment a was quiet, trying desperately to wrap my head around the information I'd just been given. It was obvious what Vikram had meant, yes, but I still hadn't gotten over the fact that dragons and magic were real. Slowly I shifted my gaze from Vikram and down to the egg, which lay only a few feet from me in a thick of grass which sprung from between the rocks. I simply couldn't imagine that of all things, a dragon lay within it.

with a look of astonishment, I drug my gaze from the egg and back to the stallion. "You mean that... there is a dragon within this egg?" The words seem foreign on my tongue, as if I am a foal again asking the most obvious of questions to my mother. I hoped that Vikram wouldn't take my questions the wrong way, for I was merely curious as to what I had truly been given. "How can you be so certain? How... big will it get?"

"Talk."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Cantoluna || Open - by Destrier - 04-30-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: Cantoluna || Open - by Vikram - 05-01-2013, 12:18 AM
RE: Cantoluna || Open - by Destrier - 05-11-2013, 01:02 AM
RE: Cantoluna || Open - by Vikram - 05-11-2013, 01:50 AM