the Rift

[OPEN] I've gotten this feeling before...

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo
never take advice from someone who just admitted to being devious and just confessed to treason

Roland had not been a part of the Basin for very long, nor had he met many of its inhabitants, but Arah had grown close enough to be called a friend. The Impersonator preferred to have few of those, for it was much easier to do his job when he didn’t have to spare a thought for relations that could be potentially harmed or endangered as a result of his work, but he had grown to like her all the same. It had been a reluctant affection at first, as it had developed in so short a time, but he knew Arah as he had never had the chance to know anyone in a long time, and it was comforting.

Naturally he turned his attention to her for an explanation, listening calmly as she supplied him with one and returning her greeting with a brush of his muzzle against her cheek. “If this intruder was taken care of, regardless of what method was used to go about it, then I’d say the problem has already been solved,” he responded with patience in his eyes, hoping to ameliorate the situation.

Yet it turned out his calming words were not needed after all, for Arielle dismissed herself shortly after, leaving Roland and Arah to stand in the dark silence with the northern lights spanning above their heads. The Impersonator cast a gaze towards them, relaxing as the tension seeped from the air. “Walk with me,” he intoned, brushing his muzzle against the white mare’s withers in invitation as he turned away. Roland always looked forwards to spending time with her, sinking into the easy familiarity they had adopted around each other. Ever since they’d met there had been an air of comfort about Arah that Roland found strangely appealing; perhaps it was because he had finally found a friend after months of lacking any kind of social bonds, or more simply because he enjoyed surrounding himself with women.

How has life been treating you since last we spoke?” He asked, feeling the need to fill the silence with his voice. They hadn’t seen each other since the pact with the Grey had been made, and it had been too tense a time for him to enjoy her company properly. Every now and then he would think of the scar on his neck, two small marks that were barely noticeable yet unmistakably there, and how even though he had been a complete stranger she had taken the time to help him.

(<3)

image credits

Messages In This Thread
I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arah - 04-30-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arielle - 04-30-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arah - 05-01-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arielle - 05-04-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arah - 05-09-2013, 02:04 AM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Roland - 05-23-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: I've gotten this feeling before... - by Arah - 06-05-2013, 07:39 AM