the Rift

[OPEN] BITTER DANCER --

Amoret Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It seems like you are always moving, ever-changing. The son of a woman that would sooner see you dead than accept you into a heart that has learned nothing, it is merely survival. So despite the tired legs, heavy eyes, a will you do not understand, much less acknowledge in the first place, keeps you a shadow in hers made of all that is beautiful ( cunning ) to you through the endless hours of searching for something you are beginning to think she will never find. She always seems lost, from the day you looked at her with wide, honest eyes and an open heart, as you look at her now, she has not changed. You had tried to understand her, once, and you were met with a silence that sent chills through your avian-boned frame, shook your fragile heart riddled with youth with sorrow you could not —— cannot —— name. You had wanted to find her, your stars and moon, you had wanted to help her with a desire that hurts you when you think of it, ( and it is there, all the same, albeit tamed, a reminiscent shadow collect dust ) hurts you to know she does not want you to be the one to find her when you would give anything for her, your sun. She would know it, if only she asked. She would be your everything, if only she would allow it.

Something stirs you from your sleepy musings as she pauses, her body poised to flee, ( and it always is, you remind yourself, always is ready to disappear through your very fingers ) and you blink, stilling next to the midnight of her hair, the moon-dust of her body. Confusion colors her stone face for a moment, and you sigh ever so quietly to yourself, the soft greens of your eyes dancing along the motion of the waves, the shape of the sand. "Sea." She murmurs only this as she steps towards the dancing tides that sting your nose as you inhale. Your tiny body hesitates for only a moment before your muscles hum with the desire to follow her graceful form, a distant fear ( she would sooner turn a blind eye than protect you, afterall, would she not, the parasite of your heart? ) thrumming upon your heartstrings loudly. She stops yet again, just shy of the water's grasp but you press forwards, jolting as the chill of the sea spray splashes against your gold-spun body, a small smile tugging at your worn lips as wild eyes flash back to the marbled face, excitement building beneath those long, long lashes. Another wave of water rushes towards you, and you pounce into it, squealing with a glee that you had forgotten. For a moment, out of the corner of your eye, you see a smile on your sun's face, something that you steal, lock away into the back of your mind.

ew, oh my god, ew.
i apologize for this.
the next will be a million times better. ♥
for endy with mr. sindingbby <:

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A warm breeze dipped itself into the day, moving through the sands, causing mini sand storms to appear out of no where. The white draft watched as this happened, or rather, tried to. He could see little of what was actually happening, even right in front of his rather large face, but it was merely to pass the time. He still liked being out of the Foothills, and gathering information on what was he seemed to be best at, so he just went with it.

Besides, it was nice in the fall, even if the temperature was fluctuating more and more towards that expected of the winter. In the middle of Orangemoon, the air smelled of salts and H2O still, but not as hot as it was during Tallsun, and gave a different smell somehow. The draft arose from the beach grave he had dug in a short time. He had been sitting there all day, staring around him. Sometimes he wondered if he was just being dumb, if he should be more like his brothers, like Archibald in particular, or Evers. They didn't just laze around, sitting there observing nature randomly...well, except for Kipp, but he was still a yearling. Casimir was three years old, and he needed to find out what his niche was.

With a heavy sigh, the white draft strode with purpose across the beach, hanging his head low so that his forelock would close over his sensitive blind eyes. But what he didn't realize was that there was a colt in the same path as his own. He couldn't see him, and although he didn't notice, their paths never touched. Casimir tripped on a large rock that was protruding from the sandy bottom of a shallower part of the beach. It hit his hoof square on, and sent him flying to the right side of the small colt. He landed on a soft patch of sand, and it went flying everywhere. He coughed sand from his mouth and lungs, and proceeded to stand up and shake himself of sand particles.

With a glance towards the side, luckily the left, he could see the small baby, staring at the ocean with keen interest. He was transfixed, and it made him smile. Apparently he wasn't the only one out enjoying the natural beauty of the world today.

"Excuse me young one, I'm afraid I almost tripped on you. What is it you're doing out here all alone, by yourself, or are your parents near by? A small colt such as yourself shouldn't be alone, you might hurt yourself. My name is Casimir, what is yours?"

"Deep in the ocean, dead and cast away... where innocence is burned in flames..."

Picture by Tamme

Mikali Posts: N/A
Unregistered

He smiles at you and you simply stare, the contempt overwhelming your heart waning for a singular moment. You shift as an unfamiliar longing reaches its confines, be careful to remind yourself that it would never change, your coldness towards the child, you would never truly love him, despite the way his smile reaches at you, the way those eyes speak volumes ( even to you, oblivious as you are ) of the affection bubbling within his wild-flower heart, the way that you are the gravity holding him here. You wonder what would happen if you were to disappear, if he were left alone; would he cease to be the child that he is, tender-hearted and naïve, innocent? Would he hate you then, for abandoning him to the world? Inhaling deeply the darkening thoughts dissipate, kaleidoscope eyes watching as your replica dances within the sea-spray, suddenly graceful on those thin, thin legs, spindly body.

The first you hear of him there is a splash that shakes you from reverie, sends your body in frightful shivers as eyes scramble to pinpoint the cause of the sudden disturbance. Your parasite is the same as he had been before, stapled to the ocean tide, though he has stilled, the sea-green of his eyes curiously focused on the heap in the sand that you now notice, a hiss forming in your throat as it rises. He speaks, throwing apologizes and kindness at your tiny dancer, whom merely stares, almost gaping at this uninvited stranger. "I'm—" He begins, though is distracted, head shooting upwards to you as you intervene less than gracefully, shoving your body in-between the two without so much as a second thought, ears pinning tightly to your crown. "I trust that he is capable of escaping harm." Eyes narrow on the satin of the man's skin, hardly seeing him beneath the veil of anger sparked by his insolence. 'You, on the other hand,' Your voice is no more than a growl, body tense as your head rises to its less than intimidating height. Small and more fragile to you than ever, your fury presses against the back of your legs, body hiding beneath the mess of your hair, the bones which he has claimed as sanctuary. 'What do you want.'

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered

It would seem as if he wasn't welcome after all. A mare came striding our way, immediately protecting her foal. Instead of getting upset, the three year old did nothing but smile. It was nice to see a mother that cared for her foal, unlike his own. Though he didn't have to worry about that now that his own mother was dead. He was hoping to raise Darwin to be like him or Evers, and hoped that he wouldn't grow up thinking like Archibald or Knox. That's what scared him the most; having a sweet child turn into a monster right before your eyes.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't mean to intrude upon you and your child. I was simply out from a walk from my herd land today, and I happened to, more than literally, stumble upon him. I'm almost completely blind, and I didn't mean to almost hurt your son, I promise. My name is Casimir dear lady, and I live in the Foothills. Perhaps you know of the place? May I ask his name, as well as yours if you don't mind? He's a lovely colt."

He smiles, a sincere one, but then again Casimir is always sincere.

"It's such a lovely day on the beach, isn't it? Do you have a home within the sands? Or are you simply traveling by yourself? I hope you don't mind me asking questions, I'm simply curious, maybe a little to much for my own good."

A sheepish grin drew on his lips, and he looked over the sea then, staring the glittering beauty before him.

"Deep in the ocean, dead and cast away... where innocence is burned in flames..."

Picture by Tamme

Walk