the Rift

[OPEN] soldiers lined up like knives in a cutlery drawer [gaucho]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
This time I did not stop myself from chuckling softly at his so-serious nod, the sobriety of his face, for all the world having the solemnity of the dead. My laugh is gentle, just a whisper among all the loudness of the world, and quite suddenly I shake my entire body, sending fat drops of water scattering into the heated wasteland air.

The smile stutters and fades on my face as his brow seems to tighten, frustration, but slowly it strengthens as he restores what seems his faith and confidence with the syllables he puts back to me. My smiles widens, no longer a fluctuating thing, and I sigh happily. It is then, out of the blue, that I realize how strangely calm I feel around this stallion, how the more difficult thoughts and tactics and bits and bobs that float around my skull seem to fade, leaving my mind a blank expanse filled with green grass. Sometimes I do wonder if emotions are contagious. When others puff out their chests and lift their sparkling eyes their confidence seems to catch; when ears pin and hooves lash, more and more do as well; sometimes even my quietness seems to catch on others, and I find those of the herd speak less. Perhaps the simplicity of the stallion's thought whisper to mine as well, easing them away. "Yes," I laugh joyfully once more, wishing to dance closer to this stallion and play as two children would, in such a strange childish mood.

But I am six years old, and much too old for such silliness.

Initially, I stiffen at the next questions posed to me, but then I shake it off. It was just a simple question, but to be truthful as I record this in my memory, I did believe he was asking about my love life. "No." I answer, slowly and honestly. "You?"

[I am def enjoying this thread! <3]

Brush Credits!
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: soldiers lined up like knives in a cutlery drawer [gaucho] - by Andromeda - 05-10-2013, 10:41 PM