the Rift

[OPEN] At home in the mists. [Thor]

Hiedrun Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies.

Travel had been tiring - perhaps made more exhaustive due to her previous experience. The dark figure followed the winged man from the threshold happily, although her gaze fluctuated between the road ahead and Thor himself. It would take time to reach an understanding towards his oddness, and even longer for her to really trust him due to it; but one day maybe Hiedrun would stop her gawking and get over it. She was thankful for the home she would soon have, and was not about to ruin everything with her rude behaviour. The pair moved along, and eventually the land began to grow blurry with fog. The air was chilled by it, enrobed, and soon enough the layers grew so thick that Hiedrun was almost blind. She followed Thor only because she could hear him moving, and from time to time she felt the urge to reach out and touch him. Even if the man had been close enough, Hiedrun was not keen on disturbing him. If she were to be so invasively poked at, she would no doubt kick at her invisible assailant; so she did not follow through with her urge, and instead followed in silence. With the fog came the rise of trees - they populated the landscape and seemed to become so prolific that Hiedrun had to stop walking completely. The fog was one thing, but the trees produced such an obstacle in conjunction with that, that she was at a loss for where to go next. The mare paused in her travel and stood stationary while the hoofbeats of Thor were swallowed up.

HIEDRUN
IMAGE CREDITS

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
As I had grown accustomed to the long trek from the Threshold to the Edge, I found that it often had a way of weighing heavy on those unused to its trials. I didn’t push the woman past her boundaries and it was a slow walk that would allow her not only to see the undying beauty of Helovia, but rest along the way as well. At times, I would murmur softly to remind her to watch her step or to note a passing trademark but nothing I said was very substantial in the way of getting to know my recruit any better. However, as we drew closer to the Edge and I could see the mists curling and writhing in the distance, I couldn’t help but smile. It had so long ago been such a mysterious place to me and now… well, now I could call it my home.

There was great satisfaction in knowing that I claimed to be as much a part of this land as the land claimed to be as a much a part of me. We were intertwined by fate and bound by destiny; so much so that when I finally drew close enough to stand along its borders, I paused to admire its ethereal beauty. Around us, the mists rolled in soft currents that breezed past my knees and made me feel alive with dignity and awe. I turned to look at Hiedrun as though she might be able to see it too, but somehow realization hit and I recognized that my selfish wants would only be acknowledged in time. She would soon understand how the land could impact her just as it did for the many others that waltzed through our door expecting to leave its threshold without being afflicted.

No matter who you were, The Edge had a way of following you home long after you’d stepped foot out of the mists. It was enchanting and magical, a place that was not easily forgotten. “Welcome home Hiedrun.” My voice was soft and warm, almost a whisper on the light, salty breeze before I resumed my step, eager to settle Hiedrun and myself within the pale lights of our home. However, as I moved forth, stagnant power surging from my quarters to accompany a long stride, I noticed that my footfall was mine and mine alone. I paused to look over my shoulder, uncertain as to why the woman would stop when we were so close to the comforts of our basic essential needs and before I knew it, I had turned around to backtrack towards her.

My eyes were narrow and questioning as I gazed at her but I did not press her for anything other than “Is there something wrong?
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring