the Rift

Follow me, orr not. ( Ayaka )
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The sun had finally vanished entirely, it took pride in storing hues of auburn and violet for another dawn. It’s very dark now, and heaven is full of pristine diamonds that sparkle like distant sentinels keeping firm watch over the creatures below. Another clear night. The core temperature of our home has cooled significantly, the breeze is light and brisk. I stand ready, wings half unfurled and body held with a firm rigidness that is almost perfect—it was hard to remind myself that this was just another training session. Except it was different, my opponent had the fangs of a predator, and claws instead of daggers.

My opponent was a wolf.

A shiver slipped down my spine, goose bumps rose on bare flesh that was lightly covered with fur. I forced a smile and lowered my maw a fraction to better regard the beast that stood by, “Shall we begin the dance?” One golden hoof rose up before falling again to strike the red sand below; it rose slowly in an unnatural way, seemingly suspended in time. Then all at once the pool of granules fell around my shoe back to the earth that it had spawned from. I was tempted to use my magic for this battle, but it went against my moral principles to use offensive power against clan folk. Neck muscles flexed the silver and gold collar that circled shoulders, breast, it clung to my flesh like a second skin. It wouldn’t be used for combat tonight.

Setting: (This is set directly after this thread 'http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7650&pid=58552#pid58552', before the endless night sets in) The sun has set over Dragon's Throat. This spar will take place somewhere between the border and the Oasis. Winds are light and its a clear, cool night.

Buffs: Swift & Bulk

No magic, or companions.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The spar was to begin between the Soldier and the General. I looked down at Elektra, making sure that she was still and would not wander out of the den while I was out in a spar. She seemed to be still. My attention turned back to Midas, ‘Shall we begin the dance?’ He spoke, as one of his golden hooves struck the ground, making sand levitate in the air, almost seeming to ignore gravity and float. All too soon, the fell and I rose out of my underground cover. I leaped up; my body no longer covered by the earth. My sparkling fur glimmered like the stars above. “We shall.”

I did not want to hurt Midas, for I knew that I did indeed have the power to injure him. He seemed like a good guy, and why would I want to wound one like him? I simply just wanted to tweak my skills. I smiled at him, almost in a way to say thanks for accepting this. I then closed my eyes, eagerness flowing through my veins. I was not afraid because I knew that he would not intentionally try to injure me. My fiery gems open, locked on my target and I was ready to pounce.

I was to start the spar and so I did. I ran at him, my heart thumping with excitement. I lunged at his left shoulder, my teeth hoping to scrape the skin of the stallion. I just hoped that he wouldn’t step into my bite, because I knew that that could cause severe pain. I jumped back, quickly coming up with the next strike I would attempt. I jumped at him, my claws hoping to scratch his broad chest and my neck extended, my teeth attempting to lighting nip the bottom on his neck. I then hoped back again. My pink tongue lolling from my white lined maw. My orange orbs looked up at his pure golden gems. Anticipation filled my system as I waited for the steed to make his moves. I was ready to try my best to block his moves.

Credits!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Ayaka rose from that shady den, a magnificent killer by nature’s degree. Despite the sun having already set, and the air growing cooler by each passing second—I feel hot, uncomfortable. An unwelcome shiver runs down my spine when she murmurs, “We shall,” with all the confidence in this world. My heart quickened, and even though outwardly nothing has changed; I knew she would smell my foolish discomfort. Predators could always sense unease in their prey, and the way the bitch eyed me. It was downright unsettling. I gathered my strength, scowling for being distracted by a little girl. A General couldn’t, and wouldn’t be one to quake with trembles at the sight of a she wolf, and I wasn’t going to spoil our fray.

Lithe red limbs took no hesitation from springing into action, my eyes had never left those fiery pools—so I missed not a single beat when she decided to strike. Her aim appeared to be headed straight for the fleshy meat of my left shoulder, I bared my own teeth because we both knew that if there was a misstep it wouldn’t just be the blunt of hooves or flattened teeth to correct the mistake. The electric rod of battle, plus the fear of her fangs and their scaring effects was enough to jumpstart my brain from the dirt and into action—I sidestepped sharply to the right, this action made her first lunge miss entirely. There was no time for even a huff of victory; only anticipation for what would come next.

It is lucky that my agility had been boasted from intense training, and wisdom born from the heart of mistakes relearned time and time again told me that it was speed which would be my savior tonight. Both wings unfurl sharply, and like ridged battering rams I held them out. As for a counter I intuitively start pushing the front half of my body into a half rear by flexing my haunches; let her see the rippling flesh and learn about the enemies she would soon be facing. Golden daggers flail at the dusty atmosphere we are kicking up, my chin is tucked to protect the viable artery below. Half risen I twist the front half of my body left, balancing on hindquarters and using my wings for extra support.

She is a tiny beast compared to the lumbering soldiers I’m used to facing; thus it was reasonably guessed that Ayaka had a gift to vanish entirely in blind spots should she so choose. I couldn’t use the weight of her body against the sand to my advantage, nor would I have her heat for a clue as to where and when she would strike next. Honestly I didn’t want this lass getting that close to me. Rapidly I scanned for her body, ears sliced my skull in an outward show of the surprise I felt when dual orbs finally caught sight of my sparing mate. Though it wasn’t intentional, I gasped as she jumped at me again. The speed by which she gathered herself caught me off guard, but then again…I was much larger.

This time the lady snagged a shot for my muscled breast….just above the belly line and below my collar. I could feel the air tremble as her right forepaw somehow gathered enough momentum to part the fur just below my metallic collar; the scratch took more hairs than anything and certainly didn’t break skin. But that little mar was enough for my wings to thrust forward with hopes of distraction. Yellow herbivore teeth had remained bared this whole time; like a snake I coiled my neck just as she would have been falling away, and with practiced patience took aim for her strained nape. Forelimbs continued their flailing, with any luck one stray limb would send her body reeling away.

Buffs: Swift & Bulk

(1/3)

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Ayaka defaults to Midas.
Midas receives 1VP.