the Rift

The Heart of This [Phaedra]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

She can feel excitement catch in her throat, as if her emotions have suddenly become some tangible thing, come to strangle her for her foolishness. What was she thinking? She was a spy after all, not some warrior-princess! And he, was a goddamnedtree. Nevertheless, every fiber of her being yearned for him to give chase; to play rough. To catch her, and drag her down into the ash and grass and do what he would. Although her actions were not so different from before she had come to Helovia - for stallions with the strength and ability to protect her, such as Birch were precisely those she sought - the difference now, was that she no longer needed them. And in the space that the need for protection had left, a wanting bloomed.

And right now she wanted to be caught; but not that easily.

As she moved across the dry ground, she felt a peculiar sensation that reminded her of feeling trapped in the Woods, the first time she had met Ktulu and Eytan; that feeling was of a tree against her right wing. Panic started to rise up into her throat, before her mind was able to calm this immediate emotional response. Look where you are! She reminded herself. Gods, fighting a tree was weird. Instinctively her right wing pulled into her body. The thin flight bone which had been struck, almost felt as though it had been whipped with sandpaper, causing Phae to grate her teeth against the sensation.

The sooty spy's gate slowed to a prancy-trot, as Birch moves towards her. Suddenly the enormity of the situation, both metaphorical and literal, hits her. If he continues on, he could crush her easily. It is only now, as time slows and her sea-green gaze is able to fully take in his form, that she notices the silvery-white spiked shoe he brandishes with each step. Her mind reels, suddenly recanting every desire for him to be rough; that was too rough. Adrenaline surged through her, as her airy trot came to a halt, and her wings snapped up into the air against her sides, just in time for his bulk to pass by her. He is close enough - or perhaps it is simply that her body has a heightened sense of awareness now - that she can feel a noticeable withdrawal of heat as he passes. Her breath, which she hadn't realized she had been holding, is suddenly exhaled in a gasp, as she realizes that she hasn't been hurt, and that he is merely passing by.

A smile gradually spreads across her pink lips, as a relieved laugh echoes from her throat. Turning her head slightly to the right, just in time to see him circle around and halt on her right, she winks teasingly. Her sooty flank, dimmed to a deep sandy colour in the moonlight, twitches as his tail streaks out to slap against it. The feeling is more pleasurable than painful, and her gaze narrows with an aggressive passion as he leans closer. Although her body is still reasonably tense, given the reminder only moments ago of just what a threat he could pose, she remains aloof, with a look of is that all?

As his teeth graze her skin, exciting and igniting her senses as the small amount of pain ebbs away, his words once again recall a memory of her youth, as his breath and scent waft towards her. Owless, she thinks for a moment, closing her eyes and allowing herself to be lost in the closeness of their bodies and of the raw power that this odd creature holds, I like that.... Her eyes snap open, unwilling to afford him the luxury of thinking that he has earned the right to stay so near to her, on his own accord. Half rearing, she aims to press the right side of her body up and against him as she raises, once again trying to place her muzzle near his ear. "Oh sugar. You just said the magic words" Again, that beautiful laugh.

As her dainty hooves touch down upon the ground, she once again leaps forwards, almost underneath his chin, as she launches herself into the air. She has positioned herself thus, so that she might simultaneously attempt to snap her sandy tail across his nose in payback, but also to force her oh-so feminine scent, to waft directly towards him. She does not fly far, instead landing a few meters away, and turning to face him with a dangerously flirtatious light in her gaze. "You really think you're up for what I have in mind?" She called teasingly, flaring her wings out to her sides, daring him once again, to try and catch her.

[WC: 800.
Attack: 2/?
MC: 0/2]

Join the waves in the ocean?
Or let my soul fade away, in the dark?
Cause I've gone astray,
& all my flowers turned to dandelions.

Spar Commentary

Only really minor things, that's for sure. I love how detailed you are about how Birch is seeing and interpreting things, and how he has his own classification for 'pegasus'. No worries at all on flow, or emotion.

Only because I got dinged almost every spar, up until recently on PPing, did I catch this. He leans to the left, angling the powerful base of his tree to playfully knock her wing. I would definitely not call this full on PP, but it be construed as bordering the line. Adding "He leans to the left, angling the powerful base of his tree to try and playfully knock her wing" would eliminate any hazard. There are a few times that you do this: his thick tail whipping out to tap her right side - while this isn't an attack, it does force Phae to be in the position that you've put her in; and His own head leans closer, so that he might playfully nip her neck - this one again, doesn't read as assertively, but if Boom and Neo have taught me one thing, it's just to insert 'tries' or 'attempts to' before everything. xD
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Birch - 05-04-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 05-07-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Birch - 05-18-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Birch - 05-21-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Birch - 05-21-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 06-10-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Official - 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM