the Rift

The Heart of This [Phaedra]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

If it is a line that stands between love and hate, then surely Birch has just made that line a tight rope, and bade Phaedra to walk upon it. We'll suspend judgement at this time about whether he is doing so knowingly.

Silly tree-man; did you really think you could push the Avikun around so easily? Creatures with wings do not fall so quickly.

As Birch's bulk rises upwards to meet her own heightened form, a wave of frustration and annoyance ebbs just below her sooty surface. She had only meant to whisper in his gods damned ear, and here he was shoving at her, like some annoying younger sibling. The golden-spy only likes to play this love-game when her position is respected. He should savor every instance her body graces his with its touch - not push her away like a common brood mare in heat. This makes the gentle thwack of her tail in his face all the more pleasing, and his snort in response helps to bleed away her frustration.

As he speaks to her, a truly amused smile parts her pink lips; how she adores a man who can match her flirtation. Something tells her that this one would sooner knock her to the ground, than confess his undying love - and that, boys and girls, is precisely how she likes it. She draws a ragged breath into her lungs, as the gray stud begins to move towards her. She feels a quivering pulse of heat ignite in her breast, as his massive bulk easily diminishes the distance between them. She stands confident, exuding a sexual arrogance even as his much larger frame dwarfs hers. As their bodies finally touch, Phae fancies she can feel his heart beating through his chest and into hers. Mentally her mind begins to create a remark about where all that blood must be pumping, as trees do not require such, but his husky words catch her voice in her throat, before she can speak.

"I've always found intelligence takes the fun aw-OWWWW" Phae, who had thought that his closeness was leading in an entirely different direction, is ill-prepared to gracefully manage the pain, as his teeth clench around her fragile ear.

Fire-Fury-Passion-Pain.

Her lustful looks turn to fire as he begins to move away. No you don't, she mentally snarls; her lithe form elegantly pivoting to follow. But we must remember that Phaedra is a spy, and not a warrior. If she was, she might have noticed the subtle shift in his stance, indicating that he was not keeping all four hooves on the ground. A feeble buck, meant for her wing perhaps, was now taken directly into her curvacious chest, knocking the air entirely from her lungs. Although there was little force behind it, Birch's hooves - nearly the size of the muscles of her chest - combined with the force of her own movement - would surely cause bruising.

Blinded by the instantaneous rage that he had caused, Phae felt forced into retaliation. Just what was he thinking? She was a girl; he was supposed to let her win - at least, let her get in a few good knocks. The biting, she could possibly forgive - but kicking? A girl? A pretty girl? No. Never. He had unknowingly opened the Pandora's Box of Phae's jadedness towards men.

Throwing herself into the air with reckless abandon, her deflated lungs hadn't the air required to oxygenate her wing-muscles to lift her above his height. Instead, the golden spy hurtled herself forward, haphazardly aiming to crash right through the branches of his growth. An incomprehensible bellow of outrage escaped her lips, as she tried to snap and bite and tear at each limb and leaf on her way down. As her slender form lost altitude, she glided as best she could to the left, landing ungracefully on the ground. Feeling embarrassed and in pain, Phae tosses her head, causing her creamy forelock to partially obscured her sea-green gaze, which now wavers with tears of pain.

Still, she wants to be close to him - to feel his heartbeat and his ragged breath against her ear - but not until she has hurt him. Not until they are even. Leaping forward towards his left side, Phae extends her wings to lift her slightly off the ground - enough so that her hooves might strike higher on his flank. With a grunt, she tries to guide her front hooves into his left shoulder, leading with her right, so that her own shoulder might add to the assault. Even now, she notices the heat of his body, and the bulk of his chest, and tries to appear alluring, even as she attacks.

[WC: 799.
Attack: 3/?
MC: 0/2]

Join the waves in the ocean?
Or let my soul fade away, in the dark?
Cause I've gone astray,
& all my flowers turned to dandelions.

I really admire how you incorporate breed-differences and surroundings into your posts without sounding artificial. The subtleness of your posts I think is definitely your biggest strength. Sometimes, your descriptions of movement can come across a little vague - In the future, I would say this is the only real thing I would tell you to watch. Just remember that while flow and readability are things you are marked on, that clarity of attacks/movements are judged as well. You haven't done anything yet that made me go "Wut. Birch is where?"; but definitely there were some sections I had to re-read. Of course, that could say more about me, than you, but you want things to be easy for the judge, as well.

<3
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Birch - 05-04-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 05-07-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Birch - 05-18-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Birch - 05-21-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Birch - 05-21-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 06-10-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: The Heart of This [Phaedra] - by Official - 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM