the Rift

[OPEN] The void stares back
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

It was. Eh. Green. Full of green. And of green things. I had, for the first time, gone outside of the Thistle Meadow I'd spent so much time in, and headed for this grove of trees because it looked nice — from the outside. This wasn't like my forest at home. I'd hoped I'd maybe feel more comfortable among trees, but no, ugh; there was too much vegetation here. It crowded together and the trees laced their branches to a crown blocking out the sunlight, and all was dark and shadow-y and.. green. With a groan I rubbed my head against a nearby tree, feeling the coarse bark work against my cheek. I missed the spacious pines, the soft moss and golden glow of sunlight coming down through the needles...

Here it's just dark and blah and GREEN. Gods. I'm getting so tired of that shade, even though the cooling nights are turning everything more yellow. I grimace at the forest. Let it think what it will of me, because I don't like it, and to top it all off...
.. where the hell did I come from?

I mutter a curse under my breath. Great. Now I'm stuck here too, with no way to go but forward! I'll end up somewhere eventually, won't I? Maybe even home? So off I go again! Long legs carry me through the thick undergrowth, shadows deepening, my white tail getting tangled and full of twigs and other stuff I'd have to pick out later. Look how far I've fallen — I have to do it. Not only do I have to do it myself, but I am aware of the fact that I have to do it, and in the back of my head, even make plans for it.

Life sucks and I feel like despairing. Maybe I should drown myself in this lake I've stumbled upon, just to make it all end. Perhaps my soul would find its way back home then? And just as I think that, the other side of the coin comes to hit me in the head: what if I am dead and this is the land of the dead? Morosely I stare out across the murky waters, completely oblivious of the fact that I stood less than twenty yards from another horse.

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
The void stares back - by Hiedrun - 05-05-2013, 01:55 AM
RE: The void stares back - by Mauja - 05-05-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: The void stares back - by Hiedrun - 05-05-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: The void stares back - by Mauja - 05-06-2013, 05:26 AM