the Rift

A Day in the Neighborhood

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

“Hello...” Between mouthfuls of cool air, the stranger replied to Africa. Her anxious manner seemed transparent and sincere, which the young grey appreciated immediately. “There was a loud crash behind me, I was unsure of its origins and -with it having been so silent -frightened me." The rush of words flooded the quietness which generally engulfed the forest so early in the day- the merry chord of a thrush erupted from the other side of the close by glade, but that was all. Her head bobbed sympathetically, gentle eyes embracing the other mare’s chocolate brown stare warmly.

Tenderly and through fluttering nostrils, Africa issued a reassuring murmur of sorts- the speckled white on brown Pegasus had ruffled her wings uncomfortably she knew, because there had been many a time humiliation had swarmed her own lack of confidence. Now though, with an ever expanding girth of experience and the security of a home, she found it easier to mask the unpredictable anxiety ever haunting her young, impressionable mind. The other mare’s wings stretched upwards; they were larger than Africa’s, their span considerably broader, despite standing shorter than the graceful Andalusian. She ruffled her own lace of feathers and their gloss shimmered, touched by the gentle reach of morning sunlight.

Again the spotted horse spoke, and Africa listened patiently with a considerate smile. "Might I inquire you what exactly this place is? I've been wandering for so long, I've lost track of where things end and begin. It all blends, these days," Though strapped with a formal tone, the dapple grey quickly noted the unhindered nervousness which spilt with the words, both questioning and explanatory as it were. An easy chortle was the first response- having passed through this forest so many times prior, and answering the same question each time also. This was routine now, and Africa could relax with that conventional comfort.
You are in Helovia, friend...” Africa paused on that note, tilting her face slightly as though confirming the fact. “...This forest is a labyrinth its true, but you are not lost in my company.” The sound of her clarification was kind-hearted. They were sisters after all, even if not protected by the same walls, they were as one; blessed with flight.

Finally Africa’s timid company seemed to relax a little, shrugging the edginess from her sleek brown shoulders. She nickered softly, before introducing herself. "By the way, my name is Antistata." Almost immediately after, she had extended a quivering nose towards Africa and it was met with the velvety warm purse of black lips. “Africa” She offered in response lifting her muzzle and face away contentedly. “How long have you been wandering alone? The humble young horse asked curiously. Africa was not particularly well equipped socially, but there was a certain level of equine instinct which craved companionship- no matter how primitive. Her own journey months before, had taken two days of air-travel and when Midas had stumbled across her, she had bumbled clumsily before him in much the same way Antistata had just done.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
A Day in the Neighborhood - by Antistata - 05-05-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: A Day in the Neighborhood - by Africa - 05-05-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: A Day in the Neighborhood - by Antistata - 05-06-2013, 12:32 AM
RE: A Day in the Neighborhood - by Africa - 05-06-2013, 05:52 AM
RE: A Day in the Neighborhood - by Antistata - 05-06-2013, 12:23 PM
RE: A Day in the Neighborhood - by Africa - 05-06-2013, 07:57 PM