the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tomorrow is to late (Cera)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I can feel her excitement through our soul link; this sweet, blissful emotion is shared and sadly uncommon of late. A thing that needed to be rectified—far too often my family was frowning, I would have them smiling and being genuinely happy again. In short, Fina is pleased with this announcement, she bugles agreeably and takes to heaven with a single down sweep of dual fires. For a moment it is hard to guess which of my trio was more excited—I chuckle as Cera tries to bounce out of his skin; Fina circles above him making nearly as much noise. My eldest son’s oversized body surely doesn’t yet match his fragile childlike spirit; heels are kicked up and even Ilaria seems to get into this celebration. She has crept from his shoulders and is now perched between her bond’s ears.

Those bright eyes catch me for a moment and I smile, not bothering to refrain at chuckling with all three of them. As much as I would have liked to join his bounding and bucking, my feet are still firmly tethered to earth. Jet colored flesh twitches in remembrance of times long passed, though they had over time forgotten how to uncoil tension enough for joviality. Already I was feeling a little out of practice when it came to just having…fun. A stick in the mud.

Anticipating his choice of direction, yet not wanting to seem impatient--my ivory banner starts flicking back and forth as if by its own accord when coupled with the calm expression that softened otherwise strained lines. The feathers along my barrel extend to full branch as he had—already they are shorter than Cera’s, but they were all I needed to claim our birthright and cover him from the coming cold at night. (Yes, he would still let me cuddle him; though for how much longer—I didn’t know.) All eyes are bright, ready for our journey wherever it may lead. Together we would find new adventures; we would find ourselves closer if all went well.

Taking point Cera displays his indifference to the location, and takes off for our personal playground. If there is one thing that could be easily understood by creatures of air, it was the wickedly breathtaking rush one got when fixing to fly. Energetically I follow his lead, every hair on my body is suddenly electrified—every ounce of flesh is gripping for our celestial sphere. Rising from my position with one, two, three strong beats. It takes a moment for the wind to fill these heavy wings, but when they finally do I thrust hard; kicking my legs as if to help the process along. A little body, and extra training allows me to rise from the sand without pacing the ground as larger Pegasus did. It takes a little extra huff for someone like Guacho to rise.

After I gain altitude a warm southern breeze catches my feathers from beneath—it makes flapping easier and less of a burden. We can glide easily, or push through this warm wind for all of its worth. I feel Fina soar in beside me, each of us naturally leveled our wingstrokes so that the others feathers where just inches from brushing across, but they never did because we kept our beating out of sync to avoid a collision. A coltish smile is plastered across my melted façade, up here I shared his emotions of complete and total submission. Up here I could relax— be myself. In heaven, I could surrender as the large shapes of our home became small; and the dunes turned into ant piles, with little brother and sister ants flocking around them. My head turns to him and I contemplate for a moment which way we should go, East, West, North, South? The decision is still his, and I nod to show that I would be the follower today.

“Lead the way Son.” Playfully I lean my closest wing over, banking sharply to almost brush against his in an attempt to stir the air and maybe send his body a little off canter.

OOC: You do first person very well <'3 I love him either way.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Midas - 05-06-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Cera - 05-15-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Midas - 05-24-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Cera - 06-03-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Midas - 06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Cera - 06-11-2013, 07:12 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by NPC - 06-17-2013, 10:07 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Midas - 06-17-2013, 11:16 PM