the Rift

[OPEN] this way, that way, the other way
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

[ lmfao Raeden <3 ]

I feel like I could walk headfirst into hell and not notice. Misery clings to my soul like flesh clinging to bones, a faint, crystalline stream of tears blur my eyes; my heart, it aches, every part of me yearning for home... My dark muzzle swings lower, teeth grasping blades of grass and ripping them off, crushing them. Eventually it slithers down my throat, and as I lower my head for another bite, my frosted hooves sinking into drying earth, I freeze.. like a prey thinking it might be spotted by a predator. Something pale approaches, graceful and elegant, like a ghost, a white deer, something; the sun is dying and paints the skies with red, and I wonder if she's come to take my soul away. Maybe I'll go with her, if she offers... I don't want to stay here anymore. I just want to go home.

Frozen in place, all tensed up, my head halfway to the ground, I watch as she dances closer. She's so young, but it makes sense, doesn't it? Maybe she only gets younger and younger, drinking the life that's left in our veins to renew herself -- immortal, beautiful, I don't know what. I'll dance with her if she wants me to, and give myself up to her. I want to escape this hell -- I'm desperate for it, and as she places herself upon the border, her lean, youthful frame so confident, I wonder if I've not found myself outside the doors of death. I peer at the landscape behind her; it doesn't seem too bad. I could live there, I guess, if it would only cure me of my sadness.

She stamps her hoof and I raise my head, thinking I'd best heed the wishes of this spirit, this guardian, this blood-drinker, killer, reaper, judge, whatever she is; she's nothing like the stupid princess I met a few days ago. The last rays of the sun make her a burnished orange lined in crimson, her horn shimmering and catching my attention -- I'm mesmerized, and her voice is like a soothing purr, a call for death and sleep and relief. Guilt niggles at my brain. Father would disapprove of me walking into the arms of death, but Father isn't here, and I'm not there, and I just want to be home but if I can't, I want to at least stop feeling these things which plague my soul so. I realize I've stopped crying, the salt dry on my cheeks but the wind feels raw against my eyes. I blink as I draw a little closer, graceful despite my slight chubbiness.

"Who are you?" I whisper breathlessly, advancing slowly, afraid she'll startle and take flight, turn into a dove and leave me here, heavy and earthbound, but I want to come closer, to touch her.. Perhaps what would've been a better thing to ask, but I'm not sure it matters, all I know is that I want to disappear with her, to whatever land she calls home. That is all I want; no desire, no lust, plagues my mind and body, for even though I suspect she's terribly old, she still has the body of a child. And honestly, I'd much rather be home or knocked senseless then finding another hollow means of trying to drown my misery.

[ I think he might be in for a rude awakening? XD ]

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-08-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-09-2013, 05:47 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-09-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-12-2013, 05:16 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM