the Rift

[OPEN] this way, that way, the other way
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

She's so beautiful, like something radiant, almost hurting my eyes -- some part of me, the more romantic part likely, says that I am not worthy to look upon such beauty, ragged and chubby as I am, but then I scoff mentally at myself. Really, Mauja? You, not worthy? You're always worthy because, well, you're you. This young girl, she's breathtaking with the sunset touching every plane of her body and glowing along every curve, every line, and I wonder if beauty will ever be the same to me after this. She's so light upon her feet, dancing closer, the sway of her body a rhythm to lull me to sleep I am sure, but I do not want to fight it. I want to go wherever she takes me, for it must be beautiful there, and I let her come to me, shuffling forward to jerk closer; I feel heavy next to her, but truth to be told, I would be hard-pressed to ever appear clumsy. I'd have to actively try, and I'm not doing that right now. I just don't get why I would want to appear like a floundering duck.

Raeden she calls herself, and I'm willing to bet it has some meaning mortals would die upon hearing, but it sounds fitting enough -- mysterious, ethereal, like the child's body she possessed. "Raeden," I whisper, feeling her name roll off my tongue, but if anything I make it sound a lot less mysterious, at least to my ears. Because frankly, she's some kind of goddess or sprite or guardian, and I'm just a horse (even if I'm a Prince), so of course I cannot do even her name justice. It's not meant to be spoken by my kind, is it? "I am here to heal you," she says and for a moment I am taken by the wisdom of her voice, the depth of it, the calming tone.. the next moment a small frown creases my forehead. Heal me? I didn't know I needed healing, because I haven't got any injuries, aside from a bruise or two when I've fallen on the unfamiliar terrain, but.. so why would she be here to heal me? Or did I have a cut on my face or something that I couldn't see? But saying "I didn't know I needed to be healed" would be kind of rude, as she had obviously gone out of her way to come to me, and do it.

I mull over it a second longer, the look of half puzzlement, half astonishment still on my face. I am here to heal you... Maybe there is something wrong inside of me, that I can't see? The thought is a bit frightening to be honest (I felt my heart skip a beat, actually), and then it dawns on me.. it must be some kind of ritual phrase! Maybe she doesn't mean it literally, just, kind of, something her kind said to weary travelers they mean to lay to rest. "I am honored, Raeden," I respond, having found my "royal" voice; deep and smooth, it is stable without being loud. Her aura draws me in a step closer, and I blink rapidly, trying to clear the last of the stinging salt from my eyes, though I knew I couldn't get rid of the tracks on my cheeks. Fortunately, I'm more white than dark, so it shouldn't show that much...

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-08-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-09-2013, 05:47 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-09-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-12-2013, 05:16 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM