the Rift

[OPEN] this way, that way, the other way
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

[ sorry for the wait. :x doppel Mau is getting harder on my muse... ]

In that short, panicked moment in time, I somehow have the time to wonder if the reason she puts her horn against my barrel is to funnel her nefarious magic straight into my heart -- to make it a straight path to travel, easier to reach.. what will it feel like, with lavender electricity short-circuiting my system? Quick, and painless? Or a slow, agonizing death as she feeds upon my misery and torment? I don't know what I'm waiting for, but it's like I'm holding my breath, but what I except, some tingle and pain, never comes. Instead, I feel... light, as if a burden has been lifted off my shoulders, like I'm about to take flight and soar through the sunset sky. Life bubbles through my veins like a spring brook, a joyous, melodic laughter spilling from my lips. Am I dead now? Free to take some star-lit path home? A last look at the smiles of my family before I drift away?

I'm so filled up by myself, by this feeling of vigor rushing through my veins, that I don't notice her swaying upon her hooves at first; wind runs through my long, pale locks, my raised head drinking in the oncoming night air. Suddenly that scent of after-a-rain is life itself filling my lungs, perfect and complete, but fading like a dream. Only as she, my savior, stumbles, her narrow, flat shoulder brushing against mine, do I realize not all is well. Concern fills me up like water topping a barrel -- how will she get me home, if she can barely stand?

Or have I been cheated again?

She slides down my legs, her youthful form crumbling into a graceless pile by my foot. What is wrong with her? Is she sick? Did she somehow take something from me? Did the purification mean she'd take all that was wrong with me, and suffer through it herself? But.. nothing had been wrong with me, right? This was just to make sure I was well for the journey, wasn't it?

Cautiously I lower my nose to brush it against her downy shoulder, torn between the two paths by my feet -- either I command her to rise and take me home and stop this nonsense, or.. or I take care of her. But why should I do that? Thoughtfully I trace the arch of her body as she lies on the ground. She feels very solid for an astral being, but maybe it is part of the deal? That I have to care for her, as a mortal can, as she cared for me. Purification, for a guard, some company. Too bad I'm a lousy guard, but I won't let her know that yet. Instead, I raise my eyes to scan the horizon, but all I see is trees, green, more trees, bushes, green, green, green... No evil horses peering out at us from the woodwork.

"I just want to go home," I mumble against her shoulder, lipping apathetically at her long mane. I hadn't counted on this setback of her collapsing at my feet before she could take me back. "I was hoping you'd know the way."

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-08-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-09-2013, 05:47 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-09-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-12-2013, 05:16 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM