the Rift

Ignorance [Open]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I lifted my head from the surface of the glistening lake at the new stallion who had approached. His pure white swan wings were large, even though they were currently retracted to his sides. An unusual glint came from the snowy wings, and I recognized it as gold. The same glint shone off of his hooves and eyes, which were unusually pupil-less, with what looked like tears of gold streaking down his face, but still friendly. I hesitantly smiled at this handsome stallion. He seemed friendly enough, but still first stallion I had interacted with. He stood strong but there was a fatherly look in his eyes, despite seeming so close to my own age. “Greetings, Midas. I am Aure, and I am new to the Dragon’s Throat herd. It is very nice to meet you.” I dipped my head in acknowledgment to Midas and took another long drink from the lake, to quench the ever-present thirst to which I was getting accustomed.

“I’m afraid I know not much about you, or really anyone else here, forgive me. How long have you been in the Throat? The only one I have met has been Tares, do you know her? She is a soldier and I owe her my life, due to killing a snake that was about to kill me. She invited me into the herd and I was appointed a soldier as well. I’m also afraid I do not know much about the position of soldier either. I have much to learn.” I quickly stopped myself from going into further detail about my memory problem, as I did not want others to judge me regarding my condition. Midas would find out my condition when he asked a question to which it pertained. Recently the only things I had discovered about my life were that I had a younger brother named Bayard, and I never knew my father. My family was a mystery to me, and when I thought too much about them, it hurt to know that I would never meet them. I shook my head clear and remembered that Tares had told me to move on, and my quality of life would improve. I snorted, wondering if I’d ever be able to, and looked back at the golden stallion, prepared to make a new friend.

Messages In This Thread
Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-20-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 07-23-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-24-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 07-25-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-25-2012, 10:54 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Ázzuen - 07-25-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 07-30-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-31-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Ázzuen - 08-03-2012, 02:20 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 08-09-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 08-16-2012, 07:24 AM