the Rift

I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free

Skeleton Key Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
He'd only been letting his eyes drift to a close when the female voice came through. The owner of the voice spoke of the weather, and as he turned to look, he found himself greeted by a curious, yet beautiful sight. A mare with a cream coloured body, with horns made into antlers. He gave her a reassuring smile, and then as he noticed her standing about in the rain, knew better to let her just stay there and freeze. Giving himself one good look over, as this was the first soul that had come upon him and it seemed good only to make a nice first impression in every way, he expected himself to look good before he replied to her.
"I'll say its quite annoying as it is. Hopefully it'll pass soon. Yet, would you like to come over and join me? It pains me to see a lady like yourself stand in the cold rain."
Taking a few steps over, more towards the other edge of the canopy created by the branches of the Oak tree, he gave her another smile as he made room for his company. Suddenly he wondered if he seemed to be too nice to this mare, and wondered how she would react towards his personality. She spoke again to him, this time her question might actually bring out some conversation between the pair.
What she had asked him only made him wonder for a moment, thinking himself over. He was probably strange looking to her, looking like an Arabian except with the mane and tail of a Friesian. The thought of his mother and sisters came across his mind, yet he found an answer to her question fairly well. As he went to open his mouth to answer her question, lightning struck across the landscape again and the rain let itself fall down harder. Suddenly the thought of him not opening his mouth again came across his mind, yet passed it off. Being rude to this pretty little thing seemed horrible in his mind.
"Well, I guess I'm here for the fact I needed to leave my family. They weren't too much of a group that you'd enjoy, really just out to kill each other except for the ones who stuck to each other like glue. They were too much for me to put up after some time."
It was a good enough thing to tell her. She was just a stranger, and he didn't even know her name. Just telling her the real reason he was here seemed out of question. "Oh yeah, I'm Skeleton Key, though if you wish, you can call me Skeleton. And you are?" This time he attempted to look less friendly, and somewhat mellow towards her.
Thunder came across the forest, a sigh escaping his lips as it did. In an attempt to keep his mane out of the mud and becoming a disgusting mess, he spoke his head, only rescuing a small section from the mud. His red eyes went to the mare's mane and tail, seeing it's long locks being pulled about in the muck. Apparently here everyone shared the same issues. Everything was pointless in this weather, and if he found himself lucky enough to escape the storm, he might not have to face the idea of being under a tree with this mare he'd just met. Tales of things his sisters had spoken about came to mind, yet were quickly brushed off. His sisters. What a mess they had been when he was around them.
It wasn't how he hated them, it was only that they held two very different personalities, and when they attempted to raise him after the incident with their mother, their personalities were set ablaze. The oldest was training to be a healer, and had the more calm state, but when you knew her well, she seemed to only have her mind set to dark thoughts. It would later feed off into him, and cause the spells that plagued him. The fear of one coming right now seemed to bother him. One mishap and things might be over.
Yet what pleased him over his other older sister, the one in the middle, was the fact that she was falling off the block of stupidity and had a good nack for being hyper. She was the one he began to dispise over time, for who could be happy all the time. The stray thought of seeing her dead came into his mind for a moment, his dark humor working in. With quiet notice, he threw it out of his mind and looked to the mare near by. If he'd laughed over the thought, it seemed for sure she might ask why he'd laughed. Then he'd have to make up a reason, and if it wasn't good enough, it might of looked like he was laughing at her. Suddenly he dispised himself. Well, his mind seemed to have a nice first impression in this place planned out for him.

Messages In This Thread
I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Skeleton Key - 05-08-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Arah - 05-09-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Skeleton Key - 05-09-2013, 11:29 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Sinuhe - 05-10-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Arah - 05-11-2013, 02:18 AM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Arah - 05-16-2013, 01:48 AM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Skeleton Key - 05-13-2013, 11:26 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Sinuhe - 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Skeleton Key - 05-21-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Arah - 05-23-2013, 01:25 AM