the Rift

I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo

I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free

It was certainly a bad day for recruiting although I suppose the weather did have its upside. There would be lost souls out her in the rain, desperate for a place to stay and call home as quickly as they could find one. I hurried though the forest. Cracks of lighting splinter the air till my ears were folded slick back to my neck, shiny from the rain. I was cold, horribly cold, and I couldn't wait to get back to the Throat, to the warmth, but first I would do my job for the herd.

Though everything smelt of damp and that musty smell you get when it rains heavily, two strong scents drift past. One unfamiliar, the other one I knew well. I snort, my neck creasing slightly from the power behind it. It was the smell of the little white mare with the horns of a stag, which didn't make sense considering only the male has horns like she did. I start to trot towards where I guessed they were as, within minutes the sound of voices could be heard, nearly blocked out by the sound of the rain which was thundering down.

I trot into view of them both, my ears now flicked forward, and slow down to a walk, then a halt, making a trio. I don't bother to throw more then a quick glance over to the grey mare, the horned stallion in front was more important today. The stallion was horned which curled backwards then struck forwards again. His dark coat was wet and shiny like mine, like all of ours, but his white markings stuck out from his body. I wait till he had finished speaking before talking myself. "Oh yeah, I'm Skeleton Key, though if you wish, you can call me Skeleton. And you are?" It was a pretty strange name but names didn't bother me. He seemed like a nice guy so I was pretty sure he would be good for the Throat.

I smile kindly at him, flicking my dripping forelock out my eyes with a pretty toss of my head. "Greetings Skeleton Key. I am Sinuhe of the Dragons Throat." There was a pound of thunder that echoed though the forest, sending a shiver down my spine but I continue talking. "I think I just about caught your story as to why you were here. There is nothing nice about being surrendered by killers, especially racist ones." I say with a shake of my head, glancing over at the Basin mare. On a lighter note I add. "I am willing to tell you anything about this land you want to know, just fire away your questions."

"blah blah blah."

Sinuhe by Ella mansell on Grooveshark

Messages In This Thread
I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Skeleton Key - 05-08-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Arah - 05-09-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Skeleton Key - 05-09-2013, 11:29 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Sinuhe - 05-10-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Arah - 05-11-2013, 02:18 AM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Arah - 05-16-2013, 01:48 AM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Skeleton Key - 05-13-2013, 11:26 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Sinuhe - 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: I Doubt I'll Ever Be Free - by Skeleton Key - 05-21-2013, 11:12 PM