the Rift

[OPEN] In the future these will be the good ol' days

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

It wasn't too long before a pair of ice coloured eyes fell upon the crimson form of his brother. Roux was his twin and his best friend, for some reason that Sacre couldn't grasp, his twin had a hard time seeing at all during the day and often spent his time worrying over it. What would happen if he wasn't there to help Roux? Where might he end up?! Sacre didn't mind being the eyes for his brother, he was more than willing to protect his sibling during the day. A black shield that would always protect Roux's vulnerability, nothing would ever get past his shield. Or so Sacre thought, in wild daydreams of long adventures and dangerous foes. He would slay them all in the name of protection and gallop home victoriously through the night with tails held high in pride. As long as they were together, nothing would scare him.

The time was night, however, and Roux's sight had been returned to him. Though Sacre had yet to find out that the colt only saw things in shades of grey. The leggy colt turned to see his merlot brother nickering to him playfully to which Sacre returned with exuberance. "Let's see you try, Roux!" At that he turned to face his charging twin with a light of excitement in his gaze, dainty hooves sliding across the snowy surface in a mad scramble to find some purchase.

Sacre ducked downwards as Roux raised his hooves and scampered away, stump of a tail flicking as he did so, red and black ears swivelling atop his pommel. Freedom felt so good under his hooves, much better than that dark cramped cave of his father's. There air was much easier to breathe out here and scents of many were an intrigue to his newly born senses. So many horses he had never met before and so many adventures to go on. Maybe mother and father would let him go out exploring one day, as long as he took Aramis with him, surely that would be okay? There was so much he wanted to see!

He returned just in time to receive the nip on his short, spiky mane from his twin, to which he returned with a flick of his small, charcoal head. Moving to brush his shoulder against the red of his sibling. He took the air deeply and sighed in content, he was always happiest at the side of Roux. Invisibly linked through an indescribable bond of blood. "Wouldn't you like to see what's beyond those mountains, Roux? I want to see everything! I can take you with me, be your eyes as we explore the world. Maybe, one day, I can find a way to fix you so we can both look together." His boyish voice was wistful as he lost himself in a far off dream or even a slowly forming goal to his life.

Nobody else mattered if Roux was here by his side. A world without him was unimaginable from the day they both hit the ground, wet and surrounded by purple thistles.

They can’t see where this is gonna end
They all think I'm crazy,
But to me it's perfect sense

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the future these will be the good ol' days - by Sacre - 05-19-2013, 04:58 PM